Herpaderp and general screw-ups thread

Welp...

I just installed the spider-app on my (work) iPhone 4S by attempting to jog after it has been raining earlier today while it was below freezing in the last days...

Ah well, the iPhone is more than 3 years old anyway (got it November 2012) and before christmas my boss asked if I wanted a new phone...

I don't necessarily see that as a screw up at this point - that 4S must be slow as balls - my work issued 2012 iPad Mini is glacially slow. I don't even have a lot of apps installed.

It's fast enough since I just use it as a work tool for phone calls or for the occasional browsing the internet in bed. That said, it's still on iOS 8.4.1 so it's not as slow as if it had been updated to iOS 9.x. Additionally, I don't need every app opening within .01 of a second.

When I get a current smartphone the difference will be quite clearly I guess, but as I don't use any other smartphones than this I don't miss anything at the moment.

The electric drill bit me (spoilered for minor gore):

2016-01-10 18.44.23_S1024.jpg

The lines are where the flutes have cut my finger as they passed by. Very little blood, no worries.

Remember kids, don't hold on to something as you drill through it, it'll end in tears eventually. Misjudged it slightly.

The thing I was drilling. It's a 3D printed centre finder and I was enlarging the centre hole for my spring loaded punch.

2016-01-10 18.45.19_S1024.jpg

Last edited:
I was expecting more gore to be worthy of a spoiler tag. Disappoint.

Yay for blue backlit keyboard though!

When I get a current smartphone the difference will be quite clearly I guess, but as I don't use any other smartphones than this I don't miss anything at the moment.
I'll get another 4S from someone else which has been replaced by an Android, but that one has been updated to iOS 9 - let's see how much of a difference it really is on that old device...

I was expecting more gore to be worthy of a spoiler tag. Disappoint.

Yay for blue backlit keyboard though!

I did say minor. :p

Backlit keyboard saves having to get up and turn the lights on but is now made redundant by monitor.

Drove into the office today just for my "leaving lunch" as Monday is the day when most people are there rather out and about.

On the way noticed the digital temperature readout was showing a half degree and naturally my OCD kicked in and I decided that had to change.

Before I realised I was trying to adjust the outside temperature with the fan speed control.

:wall:

This morning during waking-up I somehow managed (while still half asleep) to rub one of my eyes with my fist when it was open. And dry.
Good thing I have no direct neighbours because the instant pain was so relentless I screamed on full tilt for a few seconds. I got so shocked by the pain I went pale and felt sick for a moment.

No worries, the eye is fine and the pain is gone by now. Phew. - But man alive I wish this will never happen again. Wow.

My iPod fell outta my jacket today and I stepped on it! Didn't do any damage which is surprising since it fell screen down, what the fuck kinda odds are those? Also fell on the only missing tile in the tram stop on a bit of dirt.

Not sure if derp or 1st world problem, but tonight, after 5 nights in a hotel, I realized I have 2 different membership number for that chain, and I checked-in under the one with no privilege, while the other one (gold) would have given me executive lounge access (so free breakfast in the morning, free food and booze in the evening). At least I'll get to enjoy it for the remaining nights of my stay.

Needed to put my wheel lock socket in the Mustang's glove box, it was locked so I unlocked it with the car key. Put my set of keys in the glove box and close the door. Then I wondered wtf is the socket doing in my hand. :D

Forgot that I was driving a car with an auto today and tried to use the clutch... I now know that the brakes work at least.

Forgot that I was driving a car with an auto today and tried to use the clutch... I now know that the brakes work at least.

:lol: I usually end up stomping dead air when that happens...

I glued up 8 pieces of plywood to make a thick block. I spent a lot of time making sure I glued them up square when I put the clamps on it...but then didn't realize I knocked over the clamped-up stack of wood, so they end up drying with a weird twist in it. Bah.

I glued up 8 pieces of plywood to make a thick block. I spent a lot of time making sure I glued them up square when I put the clamps on it...but then didn't realize I knocked over the clamped-up stack of wood, so they end up drying with a weird twist in it. Bah.

Abstract art decoration?

Abstract art decoration?

If it was enough to look on purpose, sure...the way it is, I just made it so that I'll have a smaller piece at the end because I'll need to cut off more to make it square.

iAVetIu.jpg

It already looks like art. :p

:lol: I usually end up stomping dead air when that happens...

I don't try to stomp but I realise that I keep putting pressure on the footrest and it keeps bending back. :lol:

Today while mowing my dad's grass, I saw a Virginia creeper vine growing on the side of his house. I decided to pull it off the house, but failed to see a group of wasps building a nest on said vine. This resulted in me getting stung by a red wasp, on my nose.

It's been about 6 hours since the sting occurred and by face is still slightly swollen and it's difficult to breath through my nose from the swelling.

I have learned a lesson today...