Hi I'm new I have two questions though

WhiteRabbit

Well anyway Im new been d\ling episodes and reading great posts here and there.
Anow to the questions

1)in the 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S there is a very wierd object over the gearbox the is an ovel shaped arrrmm thing with holes :shock: wellllll WHAT IS IT!?!!?

2)I expecting to get my drivers license soon and the car I will drive wil be the (very shitty but in good condition) Pontiac sunbird 93-5 (dont remeber its my moms) anyway its automatic and shit but do you recon I can tune it? make better? spoilers,Turbos gear box?! what can I do with it?

looking forward for your answers :p

1) I'm not sure, I haven't had a chance to look at what you mean, but this could help:
http://gear.viper007bond.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=506

2) If you're just getting your driver's license, the first thing to work on is.... You, the driver.
Improving your drivers skills will be much more valuable to you (especially in the long run) than upgrades at this stage.
I'd reccommend you try your hand at autocross.
You should be able to do that with just about any car, it's inexpensive and reasonably safe.
The other thing is to take lessons in some sort of driving school, whether that be autocross, some other form of racing, defensive driving, etc...

Actually, I'm in a somewhat similar boat, (well not the drivers license thing), but improving my driver skills.
I just purchased my Subaru STI about half a year ago, and I just started autocrossing, and before I start modifying it, I need to learn how to get the maximum out of the car first.

Oh man its completly different here maty! :p in israel U MUST! take 28 lessons (minimum usually more) and then u have extra two months with parents....anyway what autocross? :oops: and obviously u are right I should be working in me driving skills but u know its cool to have a twin turbo that does a psssst weh nshifting :wink: besides only when u are a folish teen u have the balls to actually make use of the turbo

Where in Israel do you live?

Ah Raanana around 20 mins from tel aviv 1 and half (+-\- from jerusalem) 4 hours from Eilat

Since you had said you were getting a Pontiac Sunbird, I had assumed you were in the US, I didn't know they sold them elsewhere.

Anyway, I wasn't referring to "regular" driving lessons to get the license (I'm originally from the Netherlands and I took 48 lessons) and yes the US license is a joke compared to that :( .

Autocross is a form of low cost amateur "racing", basically, it's a parking lot with traffic cones to form a track.
There's only one driver on the track at a time, and the goal is to get the fastest time.
Usually speeds don't go much over 60mph, but it's a lot of fun!

WhiteRabbit said:
only when u are a folish teen u have the balls to actually make use of the turbo

Oh, comon, give us older folks some credit! :D
But this is kind of what I'm talking about, if you are hell bent on being foolish, it helps if you don't have a car that's too fast, that way you might not get in too big of a mess.
And I don't know how things are in Israel, but I suspect that the drivers lessons didn't teach you anything about car control, so in other words: you probably don't have enough experience yet :) .
I'm not trying to insult or demean or anything like that, but I know what I was like when I was younger, and I know this is a cliche, but it's generally true: I thought I knew how to handle a car and how to drive, but really, I didn't.
It was all just luck that got me through the stupid stuff, not skill.

10x man ur defently right.
about autocross or anyother form of racing to that matter
its strictly ILLEGAL in Israel (arrr fools f$^$#^$#^$#^$# gov3%@%)
I'm sure those two extra months I have to drive with my father wil help me alot.
Maybe a recommendation for visual upgrades:?: :cry:

WhiteRabbit said:
about autocross or anyother form of racing to that matter
its strictly ILLEGAL in Israel (arrr fools f$^$#^$#^$#^$# gov3%@%)

:? Man, that bites.
To be honest, I don't know too much about what you could do to make your car look nicer, perhaps there is a dedicated Pontiac or Sunfire forum that can help you.

BTW, I used to have a 93 Pontiac Firebird Formula :) .

believe youme its very different from thr slizi piece of shit my mom is driving ;)
im currently learing on a passat 2002 what a faboulus car!

WhiteRabbit said:
Oh man its completly different here maty! :p in israel U MUST! take 28 lessons (minimum usually more) and then u have extra two months with parents....anyway what autocross? :oops: and obviously u are right I should be working in me driving skills but u know its cool to have a twin turbo that does a psssst weh nshifting :wink: besides only when u are a folish teen u have the balls to actually make use of the turbo

OMG :lol: :lol:

The oval thing with holes....that contains buttons used to start the car and other functions. Didn't you see the TG epsiode with the Konigsegg?? You hold the one button and press another at the same time to engage the starter. Then you keep holding the first button and press another to actually start teh car. Kinda cool.

About the Sunbird thing.....I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you obviously don't know much about cars, engines, transmissions, or such. You can't just put a "Turbos gear box", whatever the F** that is, on it. Spoilers don't improve a car's performance, it's just for looks (I'm assuming you knew that one). There is A LOT for you to learn before you even think about opening the hood of your car.....please don't waste your money and buy a turbocharger. In my opinion, (mind you I'm not exactly familiar with your situation) you will do yourself a big favour if you don't spend a penny to change anything on your car. Save it for later, for a better car. Meanwhile, do as much learning as you can. Start with the basics, like learning how to change your own oil, brake pads, etc. Learn as much as you can about how an engine works, how transmissions work, etc. In 5 years, you can learn (and save) a lot. Then buy a real car and have fun with it. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

I'm sorry if I read you wrong, but that's what I think is best for you. Good luck with your car.

Oh, yeah -- if you wanna do some research on the web about car stuff, check out www.howthingswork.com - it's a great site that has some super explanations on pretty much everything.

You are absolutely right...all of you...no worries... I'm a real beginner likes...you are defiantly right I know very little about cars amm I've actually read quite much on how stuff works that kinda helped and lucky for me my dad is really good when it comes to cars so I'll learn fast ammm...I obviously knew that spoilers etc' doesn't improve performance (and of course I dont need extra performance seeing I can barley drive :lol: ) U should rephrase my question...

Does anyone know of any tuned\improved sunbird? Especially visually appealing one...Dont want to sound like a poser just wondering (for now...and ideas for laters)
Btw of course im buying a better car ASAP with money I?ll get from working:p GOLF GTI V6 8) 8) or a merc SLR haha right... :eek:

WhiteRabbit said:
You are absolutely right...all of you...no worries... I'm a real beginner likes...you are defiantly right I know very little about cars amm I've actually read quite much on how stuff works that kinda helped and lucky for me my dad is really good when it comes to cars so I'll learn fast ammm...I obviously knew that spoilers etc' doesn't improve performance (and of course I dont need extra performance seeing I can barley drive :lol: ) U should rephrase my question...

Does anyone know of any tuned\improved sunbird? Especially visually appealing one...Dont want to sound like a poser just wondering (for now...and ideas for laters)
Btw of course im buying a better car ASAP with money I?ll get from working:p GOLF GTI V6 8) 8) or a merc SLR haha right... :eek:

just save your money... sunbirds are old and putting your money on mods on a car that'll die soon isn't wise.

And FYI, the turbo doesn't do the "pssssh" sound. That's the BOV