High-Res Desktop Wallpaper

syf0n

Über Photographer
For years I've had requests for my work at higher res than I usually post, and I've never really filled them. Until now. After months of debating the best way to bring you my work at higher resolution, I have finally released a series of hi-def wallpapers through my automotive photography website, [[REMOVED]]. The result is a series of three wallpaper packs, in total 120 of my best automotive photos available at high resolution -- and I'm not skimping:

1920 x 1280 (HD)
1920 x 1080 (HDTV)
1600 x 1200 (UGA)
1280 x 1024 (SXGA)

I've personally tried this out on a 30" LCD monitor which a friend owns, and they look phenomenal. If you're looking for a way to enjoy my work at a MUCH higher quality level than you can here, flickr, or DA, this is it. All of these images are compiled from higher res files and resized in a resolution-specific format to enhance sharpness and clarity.

Many of the images in this set have never been published!!! I've spent a long time going through years of automotive photographs and pulled some old favorites which haven't seen the light of day. In this way my wallpaper series is designed to represent a blend of the many automotive marques and lifestyles I've seen and worked with in my time shooting automotive photography. You're welcome to browse through [[REMOVED]] a complete gallery of every image in the set through flickr, or [[REMOVED]].

Here are some of the new images which haven't been published before. The layouts make for great desktop wallpaper:

Last edited by a moderator:
I now have 2 damp patches, and only one of them is from my druel...

:bow:

Edit: Mind suddenly changed. Don't want to have to buy 39 other images for one I like and 1680x1050 is missing. Also isn't advertising banned? If they were free then it would be different.

Last edited:
I now have 2 damp patches, and only one of them is from my druel...

:bow:

Edit: Mind suddenly changed. Don't want to have to buy 39 other images for one I like and 1680x1050 is missing. Also isn't advertising banned? If they were free then it would be different.

That's a big reversal! Sorry I don't have your desktop size on my site. As for everything being free; it's not. Neither is my photography, which has taken years of hard work and dedication to produce. I share all of it on here for free, and at a fairly high resolution (1200px) all things considered. If you enjoy my photography as much as you claimed in your first sentence and you want to get some use out of it as a desktop, less than $10 (and less than 25 cents per photo) shouldn't be much of a setback. It also helps support me as an independent artist who contributes to this community, and it ensures I can continue taking the photos which you seem to enjoy so much.

Last edited:
Yeah that's true, sorry. I'm just used to finding single wallpapers and them being free. :)

The photos are very good, a lot of hard work has gone into them and yes $9 is cheap for 40 when you consider how much personal time and expense you put into them. I don't mean to be rude at all either. I hope this hasn't ruined the thread for everyone else.

As far as wallpaper sizes, AFAIK 1680x1050 is the most common but the largest HD size could be shrunk down to that (by windows)

Anyway I don't take back what I said about them being excellent, although the comment was a friendly banter way of saying that. :D

Fantastic work syfon. If I ever get to be as good I wouldn't think twice about charging for my shots either. Keep it up!!

You must think very highly of yourself to charge people for a desktop wallpaper. I don't care how good they are, there are photographers who are at least on par if not better than yourself like Easton Chang, Andy Wee and many others who offer some of their shots for no charge as a wallpaper desktop. The shots have been taken and if they've made it to print you've been paid for them already.

Unless, you've pre-approved it with admin, its against site rules to advertise.

Yes, it is completely against the rules to advertise your PAID services without our consent. I have removed your post urls, and have considered nerfing your signature, as it is considered an advertisement.

Last edited:
These shots are nothing short of amazing, and yes, they do work especially well as wallpapers.

The few posted above are some the nicest wallpapers I've ever seen, however, wallpapers are not something I pay for. There's just some things in life which are supposed to be free, and to me wallpapers are one of those things.

Glad I'm not the only person to think that, felt really bad after I read his reply.

You must think very highly of yourself to charge people for a desktop wallpaper. I don't care how good they are, there are photographers who are at least on par if not better than yourself like Easton Chang, Andy Wee and many others who offer some of their shots for no charge as a wallpaper desktop. The shots have been taken and if they've made it to print you've been paid for them already.

Unless, you've pre-approved it with admin, its against site rules to advertise.

I strongly agree, I don't see why I'd pay for shots that are inferior to Chang and Wee's work, especially when they give away wallpapers and excellent advice for sheer love of the game.

Also, excluding 1680X1050 but including TV formats? WTF?

Last edited:
1920x1280 is a 12:8 format resolution as well which follows roughly 0 standards. Also, i call bullshit on this statement:

I've personally tried this out on a 30" LCD monitor which a friend owns, and they look phenomenal.

You don't make an image twice as large and still have a crystal clear image.

Last edited:
I think he meant 1920:1080 for HD. I can't be sure if he's also goofed up the actual images or just his posts, though, since I'm definitely not buying it. :D

sorry so many of you guys feel that way. I am an artist and this is a way I can support myself. through this forum and many others I have been asked for my photos as wallpaper countless times and this presents a nice way for me to offer collections of my work to people. If you enjoy it and want to use it to make your computer look nice, I don't see how this is anything other than a solid value. not everything in the world is free. if you're not interested and you just want something for free, hey....like everyone else has posted there's plenty of free stuff out there. no need to come in here and rag on me for putting a dollar sign next to my work for the first time in, oh.....ever.

1920x1280 is a 12:8 format resolution as well which follows roughly 0 standards. Also, i call bullshit on this statement...You don't make an image twice as large and still have a crystal clear image.
sorry to burst your bubble, but 1920x1280 is a standard HD display resolution. The 30" display looked fantastic, better than my 24" monitor by far. Have you used one? it's not like you're sitting as close, unless you want eye cancer or something.

for the folks asking about res, I will add the aforementioned 1680x1050 size if there's interest. the current sizes are 1920x1200, which is HD computer res, and 1920x1080, which is HDTV size for people using large LCDs as computer monitors.

You must think very highly of yourself to charge people for a desktop wallpaper. I don't care how good they are, there are photographers who are at least on par if not better than yourself like Easton Chang, Andy Wee and many others who offer some of their shots for no charge as a wallpaper desktop.
Sorry to hear you feel that way; I don't use other people as standards for comparison. in my experience, anything worth having will cost ya. this took years of my time. so what's nine dollars? Thinking highly of myself? Nah. But I'm proud of my work -- enough so to charge 22 cents per photo. Whether it's me, easton chang, andy wee, or any other photographer...the fact that you would whine about something that cheap tells me all I need to know.

just go to

http://www.dieselstation.com/

they have almost every car in the world and the same quality pics, and the same type of pics for free.
as clarification for people making this comparison, the difference is that diesel station doesn't claim to legally own or represent anything on their site. I am the actual photographer, whereas they are just hosting someone else's work (which is a legal gray area).

the fact that you would whine about something that cheap tells me all I need to know.

What ? That I'm not a stingy bastard ?

I'm all for people charging for work, if your good at something you should never do it for free, but charging for something that is costing you nothing, that has already been paid for by your clients, to exploit fans of your work is just bad form.

Boo-urns.