Homeless man builds himself a car so he can find work.

Unfortunately they would ruin it. They already tried a car build episode and this happened:
top-gears-eco-electric-car-geoff.jpg

I think that may have been the moment they jumped the shark. :|

Wait, the man was hungry for 4 months so to gather money for metal parts and it took him 4 years to build the car and then get a job? Someone has his priorities all upside-down.

Stuff like this keeps me with hope for humanity.

Orismar de Souza, I salute you.
And laws in most countries that prevent vehicles that don't pass an MOT (which this wouldn't, frankly), diminish mine.

And laws in most countries that prevent vehicles that don't pass an MOT (which this wouldn't, frankly), diminish mine.

Even with laws such as those, you can build your own car. You just can't drive it on the public roads, and that's entirely fine considering the dangers you, as the driver and everyone else that would cross paths with you would end up in. That's why laws are good, especially those that prevent you from building a engine-powered, wheel-steering death trap.

The man's a legend, the thing he's built is genuinely impressive. Even when I saw the ricer air scoops on the roof I realised that it was the only way he could add ventilation. Also that appears to be the Johnnie Walker logo on the bonnet, which is awesome.

flexible, eh? so if i, for instance, imported an Alfa with the wheels and doors taken off and reassembled it, would that count? it arrived in multiple parts....

The fact that it already had a vin (though foreign) means no, this will not be legal.

It's tricks companies come up with on occasion to get GT-R's/skylines road "legal" now.

That car he built probably has better acceleration than my mazda.