Honda F1 For Sale / Pull Out?

Oh fuck. Goodbye Honda... :cry:

when bernie says he wants to help...you have to wonder who it is that he wants to help. im pretty sure its not honda.... more likely himself.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73586

Check the link for the photo. Can't hotlink from Autosport.

It's still sponsorless... they need to find a contract during this season, otherwise they'll evaporate with no funding.
Umm... may I suggest one ?

First up for a sponsor, for both Brawn's face and potentially most of the team...

braun-cruzer3.jpg

Mmmm~ :D

I like the look of the new car - hopefully they do get some sponsors.

I see where Brawn is going with the drivers, though. Madcat has a point, that Button and Rubens are relatively unsucessful, regardless of their cars and luck (look at vettel). BUT I think he did it for the ease, comfort, cost, and ability to develop the car. I mean the car they built is upon data collected over the last 3 seasons from button and barrichello, they know the team and the system - this late in the testing season, it was the only logical move to do a "reasonable" job.

Well the upside is that Bruno won't be driving a probably slow car, and when he gets his chance in 2010 the car might be a lot better.

Holy crap Calbee! I used to eat their snacks when I was younger...

Honda says 'Goodbye' to F1

08 March 2009

Honda has issued a message of gratitude to its employees and fans following the sale of its F1 team; the outfit now takes the name of Brawn GP following the takeover by Team Principal Ross Brawn, and retains drivers Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello.

The Japanese car manufacturer re-entered Formula 1 as a team following the takeover of B.A.R for 2006, with the highlight being the victory of Button in that year's Hungarian Grand Prix. The statement read:

"A message to our fans from the Honda Racing F1 Team

We would like to say a huge 'Thank you' for your podium celebrations and, of course, Jenson's victory in Hungary in 2006. Thank you for sharing these moments with us, whether from the grandstands or at home. Honda's motorsport activities will continue in other categories and we hope you continue to enjoy the pursuit of the dreams that motorsport can inspire.

With our best wishes,

Honda Racing F1 Team."

Source

Honda talk so much bullshit. Dreams that motorsport can inspire? It's a marketing route for them, nothing more, they proved that when they pulled out because their team sat in the losses column in their financials. If they had passion for motorsport they'd stick with it through financial thick and thin (see; Williams - hemmoraging cash, but F1 is what they do, so they'll do it to their end). So now some asshole in a suit at corporate hq is going to patronize F1 fans by using words like "dreams" and "inspire" in his press release?

Fuck Honda.

Too true, six months ago Honda were running TV commercials that had a tagline. "If Honda doesn't race, Honda doesn't exist". Suddenly those ads disappeared.

It's sad to see them go, but if they can't commit then you have to wonder if they'd have been determined enough to contest.

Great news that they are back. Brawn is a genius and Jensen and Ruebens are more than capable of delivering. Its an incredible shame that given how much got put into the '09 season from Honda that they have fucked up any chance for '09 success for Brawn GP given they have had no testing.

Still more teams are good.

Great news that they are back. Brawn is a genius and Jensen and Ruebens are more than capable of delivering. Its an incredible shame that given how much got put into the '09 season from Honda that they have fucked up any chance for '09 success for Brawn GP given they have had no testing.

Still more teams are good.

Well the factory hasnt been idle since the news broke last year, so what Honda/Brawn lose by not running their car (and lets face it, it is considerable) they gain in the lengthened development time. I dont think they'll be a total embarrassment, but they have a long climb ahead.

From their Barcelona testing times, they seem rather up to scratch