Honda GPS to warn of crime hotspots

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
http://www.physorg.com/news127972790.html
Japanese automaker Honda Motor Co. will start a new system this week warning motorists when they are driving close to crime hotspots.
Based on information from the police, drivers will get an alert through Honda's onboard navigation system about areas where cars have been damaged, stolen or broken into in the past, Honda said in a statement.

The new system, which will be available from Tuesday in Japan, will rate districts by level of risk.

Japanese automakers are increasingly targeting motorists with ever more sophisticated navigation and safety systems, even though auto theft is less common here than in many other developed countries.
If this ever catches on, my car will be very nervous every time I go home.

Last edited:

Ice_warmer

what's with the ad ?

anywho, i think it's quite nice to see alternative saftey systems, but don't know if it will be taken seriosly, they should emphasise on that bike warning thing wich is really great (alerts the rider of a car that is emerging from an intersection and the driver for the motorbike that is comeing)

Wizegui

Car(s)
'93 Toyota Tercel, '01 Swagger Wagon
Imagine driving through Detroit with a car equipped in one of those :lol:

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
I imagine that would be pretty redundant in the us.
:rolleyes: Yeah, because our entire nation is nothing but a bunch of savages out to kill you, rape your women and plunder your goods.

Get a grip.

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
:rolleyes: Yeah, because our entire nation is nothing but a bunch of savages out to kill you, rape your women and plunder your goods.

Get a grip.
Yeah, I've only been stabbed three times this week!

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
Well, I'm having a pretty easy this week stealing stuff and shooting their rightful owners. Maybe someday I'll get around to steal one of these new Hondas so I can know where not to park...after all, wouldn't want to get it stolen now, would I?

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
VW eGolf, Hyundai Kona 1.0
Aside from the fact that this is a pretty stupid development, what are they basing this on. What makes a "crime hotspot"?

jensked

Your car will go bonkers when you drive trough Vatican city! It's the city with the most crime per capita. And I kid you not.

FDaihatsu

Car(s)
Polol 1.8GTI
I'm interested to know what'll happen when I'll start the car here. "GET YOURSELF OUTTA HERE!!!!!!" :lol:

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
^It's so crazy it just might work!