Honda to shut UK plant in 2021

i might be wrong but the way i see it,
import taxes everyone has to pay
customs are the people standing there and taking some random person "empty everything on you so we can check there isn't something you didn't declare, and we'll fine you if we find something" - taking 3 hours out of your day....

The way I understand it his point is that "there's no benefit in open borders because there might still be checks on rare occasions", which is a bit silly.

The way I understand it his point is that "there's no benefit in open borders because there might still be checks on rare occasions", which is a bit silly.

or...we manage to have trade with the middle east, so what are you complaining about
that's what i got from it

Not saying that there's no benefit, but that "OMG, NO MORE OPEN BORDERS WITH UK, TRADE IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED! WE'RE ALL DOOOOOOOOOOMED" isn't exactly a reaction built off reality. 'Closed borders' in this sense isn't necessarily a good reason for Honda to bail on the UK, as bone was advocating.

or...we manage to have trade with the middle east, so what are you complaining about
that's what i got from it

Who said anything about the Middle East?

no one, but with all the fuss around here about FN and their guns being used in yemen, the middle east immediate pops up when it's mentioned...

no one, but with all the fuss around here about FN and their guns being used in yemen, the middle east immediate pops up when it's mentioned...

Mmmmkay.... Last I'd heard, the source of the FN guns turning up in Yemen is apparently respectable Gulf states that bought them for their own militaries, not direct sales. That those Gulf states turned around and handed those weapons to Yemeni factions in direct contravention of end user agreements (when they hadn't done this before) is not FN's fault. Is there new evidence that FN's been selling to people they shouldn't have?

Mmmmkay.... Last I'd heard, the source of the FN guns turning up in Yemen is apparently respectable Gulf states that bought them for their own militaries, not direct sales. That those Gulf states turned around and handed those weapons to Yemeni factions in direct contravention of end user agreements (when they hadn't done this before) is not FN's fault. Is there new evidence that FN's been selling to people they shouldn't have?

not at all, FN isn't allowed to sell to any foreign government without concent from ours, so it's our politicians fault, not FN's..