hot damn: Alfa Romeo 8C spider

astroboymoto said:
fbc said:
astroboymoto said:
yeah but they have that "luxury car platform" that Fiat(for Alfa) co-developed with GM(for Saab) that GM isn't using... anyways isn't the 156 replacement gonna use that? with the Aussie made 3L v6???

That platform is front-drive.
it's AWD also... :p

I stand corrected - but it's still a platform designed around a transversly mounted engine & gearbox, so not really ideal for a RWD application.

Oh for the love of god!! I have just soiled myself...

If one of those ever goes on sale, I will start selling body parts to help me afford one. Gorgeous doesn't guite cover it somehow.

flyingfridge said:
Surely these must be the design study for the next GTV or GTV replacement. It's an an old car now...

The replacements for the GTV and Spider is the Brera and Brera Spider which sits on the same fwd & awd platform as the 159.

The 8C is based on the Maserati Coupe, and seems to be closer to going into production with the Alfa-Maserati tie-up than before. If anything it's a Montreal replacement :D

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/59533/alfa_in_uturn_over_spider.html
There are no plans to build Coup? or Spider versions of the two-seater. But, as we revealed in Issue 870 after finding the firm's product schedule online, a 'future high-end range' is due in 2008. Closer links with sister brand Maserati are also expected to ease Alfa entry to the luxury sports market, so there's clearly scope for a model inspired by the 8c concepts.

flyingfridge said:
Alfa put their own heads on them, with the Twin Spark and the JTS.

They're only JTS (direct injection) now. The last Twin Spark engines (with FIAT sourced blocks) disapeared when the JTS heads arrived in 2002.

nkh said:
flyingfridge said:
Surely these must be the design study for the next GTV or GTV replacement. It's an an old car now...

The replacements for the GTV and Spider is the Brera and Brera Spider which sits on the same fwd & awd platform as the 159.

Ah, thank you - I was wondering if that was the case.

The 8C is based on the Maserati Coupe, and seems to be closer to going into production with the Alfa-Maserati tie-up than before. If anything it's a Montreal replacement :D

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/59533/alfa_in_uturn_over_spider.html
There are no plans to build Coup? or Spider versions of the two-seater. But, as we revealed in Issue 870 after finding the firm's product schedule online, a 'future high-end range' is due in 2008. Closer links with sister brand Maserati are also expected to ease Alfa entry to the luxury sports market, so there's clearly scope for a model inspired by the 8c concepts.

You've just made my day :thumbsup:

OMG, Brera Spider. :drool:

*leaves to find some privacy...