edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
Couldn't find the original House of Cards thread, so I'm restarting it

It's official, House of Cards season 2 to be release on Valentine's Day 2014

http://www.engadget.com/2013/12/04/house-of-cards-season-2-valentines-day-2014/

netflixhedimg_hocs2.jpg

In what we can only hope will be a dog murder-free second season, Netflix announced this morning that original series House of Cards returns on February 14th, 2014. Apparently Netflix is big on releasing original programming alongside holidays -- smart, considering the binge-viewing around said time periods. It's a big date for the Kevin Spacey vehicle, with the entire 13-episode season launching on Netflix at once in all territories Netflix is available (the US, Canada, the UK, Latin America and Ireland).

The show received a smattering of Emmy nominations earlier this year -- HoC is one of several major plays Netflix is making into original programming. Both Orange is the New Black and Arrested Development's revival led the Netflix initiative in 2013, and it looks like the same series that popularized original Netflix content will continue that push in 2014.

A new teaser popped up today alongside the Valentine's Day launch news, featuring Claire in a not uncommon place: smoking a cigarette by the window. See it for yourself below!

here we go! :dance:

can't wait, will rewatch the whole of season 1 the week before or something.

Great show, anyone who watched get that vibe from when frank was in south carolina that he had a gay relationship with that one guy?

I loved this show. Frank is so deadly effective in doing the stuff he wants to do. Love it.

so, anyone started season 2 yet? i somehow forgot to rewatch s1, so s2 has to wait alittle...

The lady has made me promise not to watch season 2 without her. We always find a show we like, then cause I work from home I blaze through the entire thing without her.

She needs to get home faster so we can watch it.

I saw the first 10 episodes of season 2 yesterday. It hasn't lost any of the entertaining factor of season 1. Things kick off rather quickly from episode 1... :blink:

The fact that they release whole season at once makes it rather difficult to discuss :lol:

Only 1 ep in myself. Not a slow start!

Episode 1:
:blink:

...and done.

The downside of seeing it all in two days is that you then have a whole year to wait for the next season... :(

Spoiler/discussion (DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVENT SEEN ALL 13 EPS - YOU WILL HATE ME :p ):
Given how they've seemingly gotten rid of everyone who contributed to the plot outside of the White House during this season, I'm not sure what the focus of season 3 will be about... All the journos are gone (or pretty much.. unless Hammersmith and Sikorsky come in bigtime in the next season), Freddy is gone... Rachel is still about tho.. She is the biggest question mark imo...

Last edited:
...and done.

The downside of seeing it all in two days is that you then have a whole year to wait for the next season... :(

Spoiler/discussion (DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVENT SEEN ALL 13 EPS - YOU WILL HATE ME :p ):
Given how they've seemingly gotten rid of everyone who contributed to the plot outside of the White House during this season, I'm not sure what the focus of season 3 will be about... All the journos are gone (or pretty much.. unless Hammersmith and Sikorsky come in bigtime in the next season), Freddy is gone... Rachel is still about tho.. She is the biggest question mark imo...

Rachel is a HUGE loose end, and I can guess that Season 3 will be all about...paying for all the sins of season 1 & 2

It's amazing how Netflix can produce great shows because they don't have to make as much shovelwear as commercial broadcasters

Finished watching season 2 just now!

All in all, I think season 2 turned out stronger than season 1. Completely engrossed all the way through, and what a powerful ending :) Kevin Spacey is just fantastic in this role.

Finished watching season 2 just now!

All in all, I think season 2 turned out stronger than season 1. Completely engrossed all the way through, and what a powerful ending :) Kevin Spacey is just fantastic in this role.

Finished it on sunday. It will be interesting to see how season 3 plays out.

finally finished s2 last night as well... good god.
does all this make anyone else extremely suspicious of all those politicians? :D i mean, at least on house of cards they all seem to have massive skeletons in their closets... i'm a little paranoid thinking reality might just be the same...