How can I make my v6 camaro faster (2010)

alnajjd

Car(s)
2010 Camaro v6 (lt)
Mainly looking to increase 0-60 time. I hear that its not the hp thats making it 6 seconds, its that it doesnt have enough torque. What do you suggest I do to make it faster? .Thanks.

Twin Turbos.

Put a V8 in it. :p

How much effort and money are you willing to put in?

In order to increase your 0-60 time all you need to do is push the pedal on the right less deeply into the floor :lmao:

Power is 2pi*Torque*RPM, so if you increase torque you automagically increase power.

Theres no supercharger made for the v6 camaro yet, also I dont wanna got that far. I am willing to put in a lot of effort but I am probably limited to $5000 if that

Last edited:
Aftermarket ECU flash?

You need everything in this photo. That black/blue plastic bit is optional, as well as the white one next to it.

http://img4.imageshack.**/img4/2287/ls9explodedview5965.jpg

Last edited:
If you are that afraid of replacing the ECU I would suggest you stay away from it. Six seconds ins't exactly slow.

From what I have read even if I got one I am only 17 so I don't think i'd have the skills to properly use it. Also, would it really add a substantial time to my 0-60 even if i did know how to use it?

You're 17. You have a 2010 Camaro. 6 seconds 0-60 is good enough IMO.

I don't get it. You have a 2010 Camaro LT you want to make faster and $5k to do it with. Why didn't you get an SS to begin with? That aside, a supercharger and ECU flash sound fun.

You're 17. You have a 2010 Camaro. 6 seconds 0-60 is good enough IMO.

This. Until you gather a few years of driving experience, I think that you shouldn't try to go any faster.

Edit: Read your reply to that post, if you're planning on keeping it for some time, I recommend you don't do the mods until later.

I don't get it. You have a 2010 Camaro LT you want to make faster and $5k to do it with. Why didn't you get an SS to begin with? That aside, a supercharger and ECU flash sound fun.

The ss is 38-45,000 dollars I got mine through my dads friend who owns a dealership for 23,000(2lt). I think he is saying to buy a new ecu, not flash the stock one. Also a spupercharger is not available for the v6 version.

38 Grand for the SS? Why all the overcharging?

This. Until you gather a few years of driving experience, I think that you shouldn't try to go any faster.

Edit: Read your reply to that post, if you're planning on keeping it for some time, I recommend you don't do the mods until later.

Been driving a infiniti m45x since I was 15 and 8 months, I got some experiance with fast cars. Yeah but I want the speed now, while I got the money, before I spend it on something stupid.