How do you access the Top Gear Test Track in GT5?

Squeezer

I'm totally confused in GT5. I'm at Level 7 in Spec-A, I haven't played Spec-B driving yet. I all ready won the Top Gear Test Track race with the VW Vans with a silver trophy, and just completed the AMG SL300 on the first part of the N?rburgring Nordschleife. So, how do I get to run whatever car I want on the Top Gear Test Track? In Arcade/Single Player, the track isn't showing up there.

It's already been discussed in the other threads :rolleyes:
You need gold on the VW Van challenge ;)

It's already been discussed in the other threads :rolleyes:
You need gold on the VW Van challenge ;)

sorry, i didn't know that. is that the only way to unlock it? that track is HARD. at one point I was in 2nd place and a van came up from behind and spun me out.

I'm pretty sure that's the only way. It's an really annoying challenge. I struggled alot with.

You need to overtake
- 1 on the first corner
- 2 going into Chicago
- 1 round Chicago
- 1 on the straight
- 1 going into Hammerhead and another on the exit
- 1 down the straight
- Rest on the second to last

LOL... when I first started this challenge, I thought it was a 1 lapper. So I was overtaking like mad, and then got extremely frustrated when I could only get to 2nd or 3rd place ... and I'd hit restart before crossing the finish line.

-Robert

First of all it's a 2lap race. There is enough time to over take all opponents.
When I completed it I took the lead on lap 2 at Followthrough.

-Slipstream like hell
-Brake late, ALWAYS, the AI on this track brakes way too early
-Enable driving line(it helps alot)
When you have the track open you can practice the driving lines in Practice-mode.
This challenge is very doable. It is easier than the NASCAR Special events. Just keep at it.

Wow, I didn't know you need to get gold on that challenge to unlock the track. I guess I'll probably never be able to unlock it. Has anyone been able to do it with a controller? It seems like the precision of a wheel is needed.

I completed it with a controller. Neither of the VW challenges were that tricky, you can brake miles later than the AI especially to the penultimate corner and pass them pretty much in pairs. You just need to learn their lines so that you don't crash into anyone while outbraking them.

I got 3rd place before (silver cup), but the first car always seems to be way ahead.

I did it with a controller aswell.
It is very doable. Just don't get stuck in traffic on the first half of the first lap.

Yes! I finally got all the Top Gear missions done. I kinda cheated because I turned on the skid recovery force. It made the Lotus mission much easier. The last mission actually wasn't too bad, a few of the competitors got taken out by the cross traffic, lol.

I find talking yourself through it makes it a bit easier. Think of the cars less as opponents as they are moving obstacles since they're paths are scripted and they will never deviate from their line unless you crash into them. This video is basically the same as how I did it.

Just be careful not to hit the cars at Chicago and the Hammerhead.