How do you intend to play GT5?

How do you intend to play GT5?

• With a DualShock 3/Sixaxis on a non-HDTV.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • With a DualShock 3/Sixaxis on an HDTV.

Votes: 45 42.5%
  • With a steering wheel on a non-HDTV.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • With a steering wheel on an HDTV.

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • With a DualShock 3/Sixaxis on a PC monitor.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • With a steering wheel on a PC monitor.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I may switch between a controller and a wheel.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
^ that is utterly cool.

Should I stick with CRT for a while and buy G25 first ? Or should I definately go for a new TV first ?

Assuming I buy a PS3 + GT5 when it comes out, then I would imagine just playing with the PS3 controller and my 32" 1080p 100Hz Samsung TV.

While I have the know how to design and build a driving seat rig thingy, I definitely do not have the room for such a contraption! Unless I could make one that I can use from the sofa or something? Besides the money would be better spent upgrading my TV from 32" to at least 46" :)

Should I stick with CRT for a while and buy G25 first ? Or should I definately go for a new TV first ?

I'd get the TV first. Plus, there are cheaper wheels to be had. I think I am finally relenting on the G25/27 when the DFP is sooo much cheaper. But on the other hand, I already have a Driving Force...

Using the standard controller and a 37 inch Visio 1080p LCD TV. No wheel for me, alas, as other priorities come first.

DFGT swapping with the Sharp Aquos 52" E77 Series [1080p, 120Hz] and the Hitachi 50" RPTV.

I still gotta find a cheap wheel "stand", probably going to buy something like this and slightly modify it [Since its only $29.99]

716-3959241_en.jpg

Unless anyone else has suggestions [and the product is avaliable in Canada]

DFGT swapping with the Sharp Aquos 52" E77 Series [1080p, 120Hz] and the Hitachi 50" RPTV.

I still gotta find a cheap wheel "stand", probably going to buy something like this and slightly modify it [Since its only $29.99]

716-3959241_en.jpg

Unless anyone else has suggestions [and the product is avaliable in Canada]

That doesn't look anywhere near stable enough for a wheel. Needs more cross bracing or something (maybe at the bottom?). The keyboard tray doesn't look strong enough and the desk part may be too tall.

It's probably more stable than what i had to make due with for awhile, wouldn't be using the keyboard tray as it's not strong enough, gotta measure of course but hmm...

Thinking that i'd do something at the bottom [maybe move that brace to the bottom?]

Course still looking, just haven't found a decent solution yet haha.

G25 + 46" Sony HDTV : p

I have one of these in the loft, used it twice... hate the noise.

10311004.jpg

Sure it makes a weird noise but it never bothered me much, you don't notice it in-game. But the small size is starting to get to me. That and the fact that mine has.... suffered a bit from abuse. Long story short, the power cord is now soldered in.

That doesn't look anywhere near stable enough for a wheel. Needs more cross bracing or something (maybe at the bottom?). The keyboard tray doesn't look strong enough and the desk part may be too tall.

I think i found the solution

22210_l.jpg

This one seems easier to modify and its only $19 xD

Still looking for that Wheel Stand haha.

if i was to get a wheel whats the best one? under $200

22210_l.jpg

I got the above computer desk for $19.99 and changed it into...

http://img688.imageshack.**/img688/6954/dsc0039q0.jpg

http://img547.imageshack.**/img547/9337/dsc0041hm.jpg

Multi-purpose stand/end table :p

Just lost a few parts but still not too shabby for $19.99, its quite sturdy too :lol:

Sorry for the initial size, left the camera in 6MP mode on my X10.

So I accidentally went in the loft for my DFGT, which is covered in coffee stains and old dog.
I'll try and use it later on, however I have to use the knee thing. :(

WDIT: Now I remembered why it was in the loft, the wheel weaves constantly, you slam on and it spins out of control... and then it died.

Last edited:
im getting a DFPGT for xmas now just to find one of those tables.