How edumacated are you?

For people that didn't go to collage and doesn't have huge fucking loans to pay off, instead they went straight to work and got themself a house and car and family and all you got is huge depts and a wasted life.
:lmao: I know you're a troll, but this reminds me of what a (former) friend of mine did.

4 years ago I decided to quit welding and go to college. At about the same time my friend decided he was going to move out of his parents basement and buy a house. He wasn't making any money and had no prospects for advancement at work. But he wanted to show all his friends, who had gone to college, that he was the smart one. He bought the house and a couple years later bought a new car (Chevy Cobalt :?) ... and lived off Ramen noodles and canned ravioli in a big empty house because he couldn't afford furniture.

A couple months ago, the idiot got himself fired (from the same job, at the same pay he had 4 years ago). Now he's trying to sell the house and stands to lose 20-30 grand on the whole deal because he could never afford to maintain the place. If it weren't for his parents, he would've been foreclosed on and had his car repo'd a month ago. Most of his friends have now graduated and are making 30 to 50 grand a year, have nice apartments or houses and newer cars. And he's in worse shape than he was in 4 years ago.

I have a motherfucking ENGLISH degree and I found college is bloody important to both getting a job that didn't make me want to off myself - though admittedly that took a couple years, stupid english - and actually doing it once I got it.

I get that you want to desperately justify not going to college, but honestly? You're just flailing around and looking like a trolling douchenozzle.

Unless you were really talking about collage, which has remarkably few practical applications, though I see it used in schools to make a fun display to show off the exciting adventures kids had.

Last edited:
I have a motherfucking ENGLISH degree and I found college is bloody important to both getting a job that didn't make me want to off myself - though admittedly that took a couple years, stupid english - and actually doing it once I got it.

I get that you want to desperately justify not going to college, but honestly? You're just flailing around and looking like a trolling douchenozzle.

Unless you were really talking about collage, which has remarkably few practical applications, though I see it used in schools to make a fun display to show off the exciting adventures kids had.

You just proved the point of your English degree: the ability to make witty puns, and that's gotta be worth a buck or none :p.

After collage 99% of you will be flipping burgers at the nearest fast food place.
For people that didn't go to collage and doesn't have huge fucking loans to pay off, instead they went straight to work and got themself a house and car and family and all you got is huge depts and a wasted life.

Sure it was fun at the time you were in collage with all the babes and partying.

The rest of us will be laughing at you flipping burgers while we drive by in our expencive cars and not have to live in a 1 room appartment with 5 other guys that can bearly pay the rent and have to sell themself to corrupt politicans to be their toyboys.?

Thats the funniest thing I've read all day.

Explain to me how all my friends that are done with college are making over $60,000 straight out of school. And those not making money, are still in school working on their law or doctors degrees. I'm sure they'll those law degrees will look mighty fine on the wall as they flip burgers....

Last edited:
Maybe he's talking about getting an associate's degree from Bob's Professional Online College for Professionals?.

This thread often confuses me, because in the UK a College is (when done in series) from the ages of 16 to 18 - after GCSEs. So basically what I've just come out of. But a US College is a UK University (I think). :p

Frankly, if I didn't go to uni now, and headed out into the wider world; firstly I wouldn't have a flying fuck as to what to do. I don't know whether I would be employable, which certainly isn't going to help my employability - not really knowing where I stand. So I would inevitably go straight to working at the local supermarket. Sure I don't know what it'll be like after uni, but I certainly know now that at 18 it would take me a good year or two to get started. Frankly I'd rather end up with the debt and have an extra 4 years to get some qualifications and think of what to do. Plus hopefully learn some social skills.

Another thing to mention about the debt - I don't know what its like in the US, but here we get student loans from the government. Basically after graduation, you pay the loan back in amounts graded as a percantage of your earnings (9% of the earnings over the ?1250 per month threshold). So if you do end up flipping burgers (and earning less than ?15k pa) - you don't pay anything back until you're earning more. And whatever debt is left over after 25 years, is completely written off.

Maybe he's talking about getting an associate's degree from Bob's Professional Online College for Professionals?.

Does the University of Phoenix teach internationally? :p

Embarrassingly enough, I only have my high school certificate. I started an Arts degree back in '05 but dropped out after a year and a half, and only this year I've started a Bachelors of Engineering (Automotive). So I'm going to be 28 by the time I have my degree, maybe older if I manage to get a one year internship overseas. It's taken me a while but I finally know what it's like to really LOVE what you're studying so I'm happy :)

http://img830.imageshack.**/img830/5588/trollt.png

At least the real Baldrick was funny.

Meanwhile, in an undisclosed location in Maryland

http://img192.imageshack.**/img192/4311/vlcsnap2010073121h29m04.png

Embarrassingly enough, I only have my high school certificate. I started an Arts degree back in '05 but dropped out after a year and a half, and only this year I've started a Bachelors of Engineering (Automotive). So I'm going to be 28 by the time I have my degree, maybe older if I manage to get a one year internship overseas. It's taken me a while but I finally know what it's like to really LOVE what you're studying so I'm happy :)

My motto is, "if you're happy, who gives a fuck how you got there." I feel like I've been applying that to a lot of random things lately, but it is most appropriate in this situation.

Bachelor in Business Administration and Accounting.

Well, while Baldrick is a stinking troll, he does have a tiny point in between all his bullshit which is, americans (and now some european places like Britain, followed by others) are paying what I think is way too much for college, which gives way to a huge pile of debt which holds you back instead of giving you a head start while you're young.
Yeah yeah I do know colleges don't pay for themselves and if you don't pay directly you do so in taxes, but just sayin'

Other than that he's full of shit and a little bit too aggressive in making his points xD

That's exactly why I'm at the university I'm at now. I didn't apply to any in the US but I got into all the good ones in Canada (not that that's hard to do here...) but at the end of it I decided to pass. If I plan on doing a master's anyway, what does it matter where I did my undergrad? I am missing the "university experience" by living at home, but I don't have to pay for residence and my scholarship is covering over half my tuition and my really generous parents are covering the rest. So while my friends are getting $10,000 debt each year, I'll hopefully be graduating debt free.

I do, however, hope to do my master's at a respected university like University of Toronto or Waterloo or something in the US/overseas.

1st english is my 3rd language so excuse me for miss spelling college.

2nd I am not a troll.

3rd do you really think that every single one of you will get a job doing the things you study for?
About 99% of you wont and will end up unemployed until you find a some burgers to flip for the averege joe.

After you all get out from college you need to get a job so you can design something or what ever it is you wanna do.
There are millions others out there right now that are looking for the jobs you wanna do.
Some have lots of experience others are like you with NOTHING but college and that aint worth shit in the REAL world.

College is BULLSHIT.

Um, like Blind said, for a lot of people you have to go to uni/college to get a job in your degree. Licences and such nowadays often need a degree to back them up/even put you in the elegibility criteria for a licence. Accountancy isn't the best example, but I have to do a predefined set of degrees at uni before I can even start my accreditation program (which is not 100% necessary, but you have no chance of ever getting a job without it).

And my university (http://www.newcastle.edu.au/) puts the average figures of people getting jobs in their degree area as 80% on average, and this is within 4 months of graduating*. So you may want to find some stats to prove my university of 45 years and over 30 000 students (current) straight. I assure you that i will contact the pro-vice chancellor immediately to let him know that somebody on the internets has proven that 29 700 of our students will end up flipping burgers after they leave! Oh, the fast food industry's future is secured, thank you!!!!!!

(* "82% of our Bachelor degree graduates aged under 25 typically find employment within four months of completing their degree. This is above the national average."- (http://www.newcastle.edu.au/what-can-i-study/undergraduate-programs/why-choose-uni.html).)

EDIT:
a) want to post proof of your BMW by the way?
b) Debt really doesn't matter, the extra money you are earning because of yor degree will offset the debt in the long run. And even better in Aus, the gov't subsidises most of your tuition and you can defer your HECS (tuition fees) until you earn over a certain threshold anyway! (as I do, it will get taken out of my pay with tax once I start earning enough)

(PS- anybody know what was with the hidden youtube video in this post? Only came up as code when I quoted it)

Last edited:
Well, while Baldrick is a stinking troll, he does have a tiny point in between all his bullshit which is, americans (and now some european places like Britain, followed by others) are paying what I think is way too much for college, which gives way to a huge pile of debt which holds you back instead of giving you a head start while you're young.
Yeah yeah I do know colleges don't pay for themselves and if you don't pay directly you do so in taxes, but just sayin'

Other than that he's full of shit and a little bit too aggressive in making his points xD

It's a compromise. Thankfully, college loans are extremely low interest, and they give you an eternity to pay them off.

All this troll feeding going on here ... damn. Here's what I propose: instead of feeding the trolls we should ask them for a whopper with extra ketchup.

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sk/skidd01/2010/08/22/god-kills-kitten-troll.jpg

b) Debt really doesn't matter, the extra money you are earning because of yor degree will offset the debt in the long run. And even better in Aus, the gov't subsidises most of your tuition and you can defer your HECS (tuition fees) until you earn over a certain threshold anyway! (as I do, it will get taken out of my pay with tax once I start earning enough)

You know, he doesn't have to pay anything for university according to his location. He actually gets paid for studying. Not much (470?/month max), but still.

(PS- anybody know what was with the hidden youtube video in this post? Only came up as code when I quoted it)

Penn & Teller: Bullshit! about colleges. Shows fine here.

AA Accounting
BS Accounting
BS Business Admin

Studying for licensing and evaluating grad school options. Could go MBA, M-MIS, MEcon - just don't know yet. And screw anyone who trashes on CC education.