How is Juan Pablo doing in NASCAR?

Let's not count Montoya out yet, there's still plenty of opportunity for a seat to free up between now and Daytona.

My best bet? Him and Kurt Busch switch cars.

My best bet? Him and Kurt Busch switch cars.

I cant see Kurt go to Ganassi. That would be sideways move for him competetitive wise, unless there is indy ride in the package.

montoya to red bull F1?
let the speculation begin :lmao:

I think Montoya would be well off losing some of his excess weight and return to Indycars. Let's face it - he's an openwheel racer through and through. The last one I can remember, who did well in both openwheelers and tin tops was Mario Andretti. Since then it has barely worked out for anyone. Sam Hornish, Max Papis, Dario Franchitti, Kimi R?ikk?nen, Jacques Villeneuve, JJ Almendinger, Danica patrick - quite a list of people, who did well in Indy or F1 and didn't really get the hang of these 2 ton ox-carts. It's just to different a beast.

I think Montoya would be well off losing some of his excess weight and return to Indycars. Let's face it - he's an openwheel racer through and through. The last one I can remember, who did well in both openwheelers and tin tops was Mario Andretti. Since then it has barely worked out for anyone. Sam Hornish, Max Papis, Dario Franchitti, Kimi R?ikk?nen, Jacques Villeneuve, JJ Almendinger, Danica patrick - quite a list of people, who did well in Indy or F1 and didn't really get the hang of these 2 ton ox-carts. It's just to different a beast.

Drop 'Dinger and Danica off your list. 'Dinger just got a new ride for next year, and he finished 14th in that car at Atlanta, while the former full-time driver, Bobby Labonte a former Cup champion, was finishing mid-30s. And Danica is still only a couple years removed from being full-time Indy.

Montoya finished 7th in the very same Atlanta race, it's not like he doesn't have results. He just came over with such fanfare, it was expected he'd have more than a couple wins by now.

I'd also remove R?ikk?nen from your list of open-wheel to stock car "busts", I don't really think his heart was completely on this side of the pond. If it was, I'm fairly certain he'd still be here, maybe even in the middle of the championship chase.

Not applicable for Raikkonen. Can't comment about others though.