How many fellow Finalgearians have you actually met IRL?

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
So I eventually counted it out. 68 at Ringmeets, not counting the extra finns that I don't think have an account, nor +x's of that liking (brothers, friends, girlfriends, wifes, parents,..), which would add like 10-15 easily. Plus 7 additional ones that I can think of (Coco, Spectre, chaos386, Derek, CrazyJeeper, nabster, woofle). So a total of 75 actual FG account owners at the very least. If I accidentally forgot someone, please don't kill me :D

The latest addition to that list was mister CJ with whom I had some stupidly expensive yet mediocre at best German food in Texas :D

Last edited:

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
I saw your reaction to why way of leaving the parking lot, Ethan ;). If I had had more space I'd have gone for an actual burnout, which I later did somewhere remote back in the Hill Country :D

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Doubled my FG IRL people meets today. Adding Spectre, Crazy Jeeper, Nabster and BlaRo. Bringing me to a total of 8.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Add Der Stig to that now. Up to nine. :D

LeVeL

Forum Addict
CrzRsn, thevictor390, Labcoatguy, BlaRo, DrGrip, The_Finn, thedguy, Rossco... That's eight with apologies to anyone I might have forgotten.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Add rickhamilton to the list of "people you met from an Internet forum!"
Dammit, you beat me to it! :p T'was a pleasure, and now you know that yes...I'm as "basic" IRL as I am on the internet. :lol: The next time you're in the area, don't be a stranger!

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Dammit, you beat me to it! :p T'was a pleasure, and now you know that yes...I'm as "basic" IRL as I am on the internet. :lol: The next time you're in the area, don't be a stranger!
As soon as I got in my car, I checked to see if you posted. Just so I could be first.

How was I a stranger?

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Add rickhamilton to the list of "people you met from an Internet forum!"
I was trying to explain to my friends from KC that I drove up to KC last year just to meet with you. It just sounded weird and creepy.

rickhamilton620

Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Cool.
I was trying to explain to my friends from KC that I drove up to KC last year just to meet with you. It just sounded weird and creepy.
he mentioned that....2 hours ..that's dedication lol.

To be fair, it would have been 2 hours if one of us drove to the other, but we met in the middle in the land of Amish farms, outlet shopping, sexually suggestive town names, and random ass buffets (Lancaster PA).

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Try explaining to your family that you planned your European trip around an event in Germany just to spend 3 days with a bunch of people you only met on the internet.
I bet Misrabelle went through the same. :lol:

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
It all does sound a bit crazy, doesn't it? "Where are you going again?" "To meet with some people from the internet. Don't worry, is not a furry thing or the like."

Reactions: MWF

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
It all does sound a bit crazy, doesn't it? "Where are you going again?" "To meet with some people from the internet. Don't worry, is not a furry thing or the like."
Yup :lol:

I've gone all over the world for FG people and can honestly say that most of my friends are FG folks :D

rickhamilton620

Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
I really need to get to texas and germany (ringmeet)...those sound like fun.

- - - Updated - - -

I really need to get to texas and germany (ringmeet)...those sound like fun.

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
It's a good time! Definitely worth it. You might actually ride in something good for a change :p

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
03 Ford Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S
Try explaining to your family that you planned your European trip around an event in Germany just to spend 3 days with a bunch of people you only met on the internet.
I bet Misrabelle went through the same. :lol:
I had more trouble explaining the Roadtrip.
"I'm going to spend ~2 weeks with a dozen or so people I've -mostly- never met, driving through Finland and Norway" (which to most Aussies seems like Mars).
This was usually met with blank stares.

Last edited:

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
I had more trouble explaining the Roadtrip. "I'm going to spend ~2 weeks with a dozen or so people I've -mostly- never met, driving through Finland and Norway" (which to most Aussies seems like Mars). This was usually met with blank stares.
Oh yeah! I forgot you took part in the roadtrip as well!That's definitely much harder to explain. :rofl: