How many fellow Finalgearians have you actually met IRL?

Richmondgal

Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
I had more trouble explaining the Roadtrip.
"I'm going to spend ~2 weeks with a dozen or so people I've -mostly- never met, driving through Finland and Norway" (which to most Aussies seems like Mars).
This was usually met with blank stares.
Yeah, I feel like that's going to be me when I do have the opportunity to go to Europe again and do a roadtrip and having to explain to family and friends that I had this double life on the internet since I was 16.

gt1750

Techno Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
2018 Ford Smacks, 2011 Alfa 159, 2005 Smart 44
Aand I just met 93Flareside, it was a pleasure :) Although a little short due to his time schedule.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Yes! It was fun! I hope to come back and have more time. Hopefully the church restoration will be done next time too. It would be nice to see it without scaffolding.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
I can officially add Leadfoot866 to my list! :D

Twas a pleasure walking the show and alternating between drooling over cool cars and being snarky dicks about cars that suck. :)

Last edited:

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
alternating between drooling over cool cars and being snarky dicks about cars that suck. :)
Yes, but are they the ones the rest of us regard as cool or are they the ones *you* think are cool and the rest of us want to set on fire? :p

rickhamilton620

Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Yes, but are they the ones the rest of us regard as cool or are they the ones *you* think are cool and the rest of us want to set on fire? :p
The former, definitely not the latter. I'll post my thoughts from the show in random thoughts: AE this evening

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Why not create a separate thread with photos rather than lose it in the clutter of a random thoughts thread?

rickhamilton620

Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Why not create a separate thread with photos rather than lose it in the clutter of a random thoughts thread?
I was going to post like one or two photos/a quick thought about the experience in RT then link to the meetup thread with the rest.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
Well, if you haven't noticed, it's too scary to make a new thread. :D

Or it's just people not reading new threads as often as the mega threads.

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
I have met Adunaphel, D-Fence, homer-jay_simpson, Ice, JVtje, killpanda, Kip, MXM and swek, aka the people at ringmeet 2008.
Can finally update this :D

I've now also met Adamar, Adrian, bdamjan, Beni, Bobele, brotan, DaBoom, DaHitch, DanRoM, Dr_Grip, eizbaer, Eye-Q, Fairlady, FlatPackDan, Galantti, gt1750, Hemily, Ivan47, Kimo_SpeedSix, Lastsoul, Leviathan, Loose_Unit, MacGuffin, Matt2000, Misrabelle, MWF, narf, nicjasno, public, redliner, RobMayth, Shad, Terrex, thomas, TobiasG, Toni, Vltros and vuksa_kc

That brings my total up to 47 :thumbsup:

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
So I eventually counted it out. 68 at Ringmeets, not counting the extra finns that I don't think have an account, nor +x's of that liking (brothers, friends, girlfriends, wifes, parents,..), which would add like 10-15 easily. Plus 7 additional ones that I can think of (Coco, Spectre, chaos386, Derek, CrazyJeeper, nabster, woofle). So a total of 75 actual FG account owners at the very least. If I accidentally forgot someone, please don't kill me :D

The latest addition to that list was mister CJ with whom I had some stupidly expensive yet mediocre at best German food in Texas :D
Definitely have to add mdkgk now, the spanish people, not sure who of the slovenians has accounts and who doesn't.. I think Rebecca has none yet either.. :D And Lucille probably doesn't count I guess.. :p Anyway, probably closer to the 80 number now.. but fuck if I cba to actually research it now in detail :mrgreen:

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
That brings my total up to 47 :thumbsup:
Coincidence? I THINK NOT!! :D

Yeah, was nice meeting a lot of new people. I have no idea what my count is though, cba to count now :D

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
Never counted. But I'm happy to be a part of the community.

Everyone here should at least be there once. Come on guys, from what I can tell, the money is not really the issue with many people here. If you can afford three cars, you can afford a flight to Europe, too :p

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
Well, now that we have 3 cars, we can't afford to travel. :p

For me I have no excuse because I accumulate points and miles with air hotel and rental agencies. I'm just a hermit.

Cellos88GT

DONOR
Car(s)
2 Fox Mustangs and a '00 VFR
I'm long overdue for a break from America and I have plenty of miles to afford the flight, my usual issue with ringmeet is how it usually coincides with the visiting of relatives. Hopefully I can make an exception this next time around.

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
So I eventually counted it out. 68 at Ringmeets, not counting the extra finns that I don't think have an account, nor +x's of that liking (brothers, friends, girlfriends, wifes, parents,..), which would add like 10-15 easily. Plus 7 additional ones that I can think of (Coco, Spectre, chaos386, Derek, CrazyJeeper, nabster, woofle). So a total of 75 actual FG account owners at the very least. If I accidentally forgot someone, please don't kill me :D

The latest addition to that list was mister CJ with whom I had some stupidly expensive yet mediocre at best German food in Texas :D
Definitely have to add mdkgk now, the spanish people, not sure who of the slovenians has accounts and who doesn't.. I think Rebecca has none yet either.. :D And Lucille probably doesn't count I guess.. :p Anyway, probably closer to the 80 number now.. but fuck if I cba to actually research it now in detail :mrgreen:

And now I need to add CraigB and family as well as ChelsDS. But it's getting harder to find people without traveling forever and ever ;)

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
And now I need to add CraigB and family as well as ChelsDS. But it's getting harder to find people without traveling forever and ever ;)
Indeed, kept meaning to get over here and update my count to 10. It was a pleasure to meet you, Thomas!