How many fellow Finalgearians have you actually met IRL?

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
True. But considering he wants me to head up to Detroit, I think he might be daydreaming that Ringmeet 2017 is in Detroit ;).

I got almost "close" to Detroit this year. Went to Kansas City to visit friends - non-FG-people even.

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
Well unlike with random strangers on the street, we know we got at least one common interest already here, being mostly everything automotive. And we appear to be entertained by the same kind of thing. So worst case scenario you'll meet people that you have only 1-2 topics to talk about while you spend x amount of time with them and then you move on. Best case scenario you end up with a new friend for years to come. And I can confirm that the latter has happened many many times for me alone.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Last couple of years the Woodward Dream Cruise has not overlapped with Ringmeet. And its the holy grail of car shows.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Great to meet you RdKetchup! Takes me to 11 FG peoples.

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
03 Ford Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S
I think it's interesting how we find it so normal to meet people from the internet.
I found out just how "abnormal" it is, when I was telling people at home about heading overseas for last year's Roadtrip.
"Why yes, I'm going to do a roadtrip for ~2 weeks with a bunch of randoms from the internet that I've mostly never, or only briefly, met before."
Their usual response was ":blink:It's been nice knowing you. Goodbye."

Not sure if I commented here after this year's trip, but I can add the attendees from Ringmeet this year (those that differed from last year), Lucille, and Andeh.
(Not sure if Davetouch's housemate Rob has an account on here as yet? Maybe he does, but only a couple of posts..)

Last edited:

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Well unlike with random strangers on the street, we know we got at least one common interest already here, being mostly everything automotive. And we appear to be entertained by the same kind of thing. So worst case scenario you'll meet people that you have only 1-2 topics to talk about while you spend x amount of time with them and then you move on. Best case scenario you end up with a new friend for years to come. And I can confirm that the latter has happened many many times for me alone.
Well put and don't forget that in many of those cases when you do meet face to face you already feel like you know them anyway so it rarely feels like actually meeting someone for the first time.

altoid

I donated for the custom title. Suck it.
DONOR
Car(s)
2018 XSR700, 2016 FJ-09
5+? The so-cal group..
Aka the best group. Except most of us no longer live there...

No idea how many, probably something to the tune of DaBoom's count and some SoCal peeps in addition to that (Hatmouse, altoid, BlaRo).
omghai2u

0 as well, I was hoping to meet some folks for the NW meet this past weekend but with the girlfriend visiting that couldn't happen...sigh
We should meet up somewhere in the Santa Cruz mountains sometime. :)

And for me, it's entirely too many of you nutlickers :heart: [in alphabetical order]:

(That's fourteen?sollies if I forgot you!)

On a related note, FGer vehicles I've "met" [in alphabetical-by-owner order]:

Last edited:

altoid

I donated for the custom title. Suck it.
DONOR
Car(s)
2018 XSR700, 2016 FJ-09
Down! Have you been to the C&C at Canepa? Link
Not yet, but my wife and I have been talking about going to one. Since SF stopped happening before we ever got to go, I've been lazy about finding another one, but Canepa would probably be super cool.

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
And now I can add WDWBen and JCE to the list, which makes numbers #idontknow and #idontcare or something in the realm of 80+ :D.