How many fellow Finalgearians have you actually met IRL?

Updated list,

MWF twice, Adrian twice, Fairlady once.

And one more, Bretton Woods.

Maybe I'll eventually meet someone from America :lol:

zero.

But that?s me, not you. I?m quite an unsocial/introverted person and have enough people around me already. And thanks for letting me stick around anyway and not shunning me for my lack of interest in real-life social interaction :)

46631433.jpg

Seriously, it's OK.
But you still should attend Ringmeet, at least once. :p

Although Kiki and I have not attended any meets, we have hosted several members at our home. Some were seeking riches and glory in California, others were calling it quits on the west coast and headed back east to see family. Others flew in for a vacation, drove in for work, or passed through on road trips.

All FG members who have stayed with us have been fantastic and I think I speak for Kiki as well when I say I hope that they all had an equally wonderful time staying with us.

A most wonderful time was indeed had!

Thanks again to the both of you for your hospitality, and again, you're always invited if you come by HK, or wherever I happen to be at that time :)

I think about this a lot and feel bad that it is still zero but then I remember Europe is very far far away.

I think about this a lot and feel bad that it is still zero but then I remember Europe is very far far away.

There are plenty of FGerians in Australia. :p

Let's see, I've met Spectre, Der Stig, Argatoga, Blind_Io, Kiki, Adrian, Thomas and BlaRo. So that would be 8, more than I thought.

One thing I've noticed is that with every single person, conversation is effortless. Somehow this forum seems to have attracted a certain type of person and I've immediately gotten along great with everyone I've met thus far and I'm confident that would remain true for most members.

Let's see, I've met Spectre, Der Stig, Argatoga, Blind_Io, Kiki, Adrian, Thomas and BlaRo. So that would be 8, more than I thought.

One thing I've noticed is that with every single person, conversation is effortless. Somehow this forum seems to have attracted a certain type of person and I've immediately gotten along great with everyone I've met thus far and I'm confident that would remain true for most members.

I got the same feeling when I went to Ringmeet.
I must confess I feared I would be feeling like a fish out of water among people I never met personally, but it was even a bit weird how easy it was.
I guess "talking" on the forums helps knowing each other enough that we feel a familiarity when speaking in person.

I once expressed the feeling like this: "Sure, I know the guy well. I just haven't ever met him."

:lol:
Sounds about right.

Gotta agree. Everyone i've met or talked to..the conversations have been easy and stress free.

Except for Prizrak when we were in Philly - I kept barely missing him cause he showed up before us and was at different activities/in a different line at the same activity. :lol:

Next time though...

QFT. I think in part it's down to the fact that the natural awkwardness one feels when meeting someone for the first time simply isn't there because there is already a certain familiarity. In some cases I've met fellow members for the first time and yet it has felt like getting together with an old friend.

I do agree though that FG attracts a certain "class" of person in the main. We had quite a few Ringmeet n00bs attend this year and most were knocked out by the camaraderie and sense of community that pervades the whole event. It's why it grows year on year and I can recommend it to anyone. My only warning to anyone thinking of coming for the first time is that once you've been you will ?want to come again.

My only warning to anyone thinking of coming for the first time is that once you've been you will ?want to come again.
:nod:

I'm going back to Melbourne next week. Might see Bretton Woods again while I'm there, would be great if you joined us.