How much Americans can take TG

I always thought the British were better at hiding ignorance.

Most of the materials ans men needed to defeat the Germans came from the United States. Most of the materials and men needed to defeat the Japanese came from the United States.

Why don't you look up how many tanks, airplanes and vehicles and ships the United States built for the war versus Britain?

Youth is not an excuse for ignorance.

I never denied that we wouldn't have won without you. I was just pointing out that you didn't win the war on your own, and neither could you have done, especially WW1. Simply put the Germans would have won if Britain, the US, Russia, Canada, Australia, France and many other countries had not played their part.

WHAT THE CRAP IS GOING ON HERE?!?!?!

We've had a million threads like these, all have been locked.

23360576.jpg

AND...let's give a Finalgear THANK YOU to Mach1, entering stage left here, for turning this into YET ANOTHER World War II discussion!
It's like we're playing Call of Duty (1, 2, and 3) on the Military Channel during a Band of Brothers marathon while Tom Brokaw narrates with his sweet, sultry voice.

23360576.jpg

AND...let's give a Finalgear THANK YOU to Mach1, entering stage left here, for turning this into YET ANOTHER World War II discussion!
It's like we're playing Call of Duty (1, 2, and 3) on the Military Channel during a Band of Brothers marathon while Tom Brokaw narrates with his sweet, sultry voice.

:lol:

That made me laugh out loud!

Seriously, just ban the guy. It's not like we're even keeping him around for comedy value.

The only reason you idiots in Britain speak English and not German is sacrifice of hundreds of thousands of patriotic Americans, Australians, Canadians as others who helped your sorry asses win a little incident known as World War II.

It is sad that the current generation of Brits is too ignorant, stupid or self-absorbed to show a modicum of respect to the people responsible for their very existence.

Tell me, what did those bastard patriotic Americans demand from England and Europe after World War II?

hmm let me think! all the money you lent with interest for one thing as well as stopping all aid as soon as the war was over. :rolleyes:

I think with the sudden and unexpected departure of Mach1 this thread can go back OT. ;)
Whatever the subject might have been. Anyone remembers?

Just to reiterate we are all not that different to each other it is people like the dude called "Mach1" which start separating people. He does not represent true Americans.

At the end of the day we all sit around the dinner table with our famlies after getting home from college/work and have the same day to day experiences in all democratic countries (traffic congestion, over priced food in gas stations, etc).

Also Phinn's comment about patrioism in Britain "reeking" was tongue in cheek I believe as according to him they didn't do that until recently so it didn't appear "right" to him, that's all. He didn't mean to sound rude.

The topic was about "How much T.G. can Americans take?" I personally don't feel like I am "taking" anything to be honest. When there is a British accent guy on the T.V. I rarely even notice their accent if different.

I am quite fine about what JC says and am not bothered in most things. I won't say that I am fine at all. With the American special i was kinda ticked that "everyone" is stupid and fat. I will give you that Americans are i believe 50% obese now but stupid is a little big. Thats just too much. I'm not screaming mad or anything just a little ticked. The American special also had the "red necks" and not everyone is like that. I am from California and most of us are more "educated and well-mannered" than the deep south.

America is America and Britain is Britain. We are two different nations so we act differently.

Summary: I am quite alright with most things he says about America itself, except super BROAD things of EVERYONE in America.

I skipped from page 1 to page 9. Am I to assume that its just a giant, "Why does JC hate America?" thread? Get over it. If you take offense to it, think about all the british jokes you know. I got the best one of all, my mother in law is from there.

I'm sorry, but anyone pushing forty who wears little beads around his neck, an 18 year old's haircut, and puts Japanese wheels on a 1968 Dodge Charger is gay.

I shouldn't respond, I shouldn't respond.....

Yes, the guy with a wife he clearly adores and daughters to boot is gay because he actually makes an effort to look presentable. Unlike most guys with back hair, flo-bee haircuts and mismatched clothes who expect their wives/girlfriends to shave everywhere while they lick their fingers to straighten their unibrow.

It's called metrosexual and more guys should do it. Women should stop shaving in protest.

Anyway back OT JC takes the piss out of EVERYONE, I don't think it's personal.

I skipped from page 1 to page 9. Am I to assume that its just a giant, "Why does JC hate America?" thread? Get over it. If you take offense to it, think about all the british jokes you know. I got the best one of all, my mother in law is from there.

I've got the best one: we are mostly descended from the British and Europeans! We are just them with different accents!

Elaborate or I shall disregard that comment. For most of the population there is no genetic difference, unless the obvious stuff like with different raced people. By the way, you think you are some kind of smart guy with all your smart ass snide comments, but, ultimately, you are silly.

Did we forget that not the entire country was a british colony to begin with? And whats this we stuff white man? I love being native, but it is kinda like being friendly with your uncle that molested you as a kid. And also that only the strongest survived the diseases when colonizing started, nor did anyone get on a boat, sail across the ocean, and manage to live here.

Well, we'll soon have our own Top Gear so we won't have to worry about whether JC really hates America and all Americans young and old because he had a less than stellar experience at a Denny's.

Did we forget that not the entire country was a british colony to begin with? And whats this we stuff white man? I love being native, but it is kinda like being friendly with your uncle that molested you as a kid. And also that only the strongest survived the diseases when colonizing started, nor did anyone get on a boat, sail across the ocean, and manage to live here.

:blink: What? Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any uglier...

I live in US now, and obviously I love TG. So I plan to invite some of my friends (which might or might not be interested in cars) to share it. The problem is, JC made a lot of anti-US judgments in the show, and I personally is not born in US (even though I do love US as a country now). So I doubt how much can an average American take it. Opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

I think the people who are hardcore Americans and who would be offended by any anti-US judgements aren't real fun people to be around anyways. I've shown Top Gear to a lot of people and none of them were offended at all. Maybe it's because of what part of the US I'm in and how the people are around here as opposed to how they could react in...Alabama... As for common people, I think they understand and are able to let it blow over them, and even laugh. I laugh at the anti-US jokes all the time. Mostly because they make sense to me. I can relate to them because I complain about the same stuff Jeremy does. I oftentimes find myself looking around and saying to myself, My oh my. We're a silly bunch.

But it is what it is. Pros and cons, etc. And then of course, if they did their American special in Everyday USA, going to just normal towns like Britain has normal towns, the show wouldn't be as interesting. I was as shocked as everyone else (but not surprised all the while) at the car dealer in Miami who had all the guns, or the large rock-wielding Alabama extremists. I live 1,500 miles away from those places. That's two full days in a car. About a year and a half ago I made the trip from here in southern Maine... about 60 miles north of Boston for those not familiar, to Florida, and it was a shock to me, too. By the end of the first night I was near Washington, and I looked around and felt this brief, uneasy feeling about just how far away from home I was, and it wasn't the landscape, or the weather, or the distance I had covered. It was the people. The mannerisms, accents and such.

So, no problems from here. That's just part of Top Gear, and that's what makes it an incredible show.

That doesn't make a whole lotta sense. I said "the majority of Americans are descendants of British/Europeans". I got the bit about "The whole country was not a British colony to start with" but makes sense. But I have no idea what you mean by "And whats this we stuff white man" the sentence structure makes no sense.

Also, if you feel that way then you must not get on at all with white Americans because they are descentants of the same people you compared with "the uncle that molested you as a kid". Ofcourse people managed to live here, that makes it the great country we have now.

There, that is your entire argument destroyed in a single post. I find it hard to believe that a guy inept as you watches Top Gear. Mind you, there are lots of jerks on the internet who wouldn't be in real life.

That took what, five posts, to go off-topic again?

Anyhow, I believe the anti-American jokes detract from the extended entertainment value of the show. By extended, I mean replay value. And by anti-American, I mean jokes that mock Americans expressly because of the flag they fly. If you want to take the piss out of a LeSabre, that's entirely understandable. It's a crap car. But anything else is just a cheap laugh.