Hyundai S-Cla...LS.....Genesis.

wow, those red X's do look like what you say they look like. also, it would help if you posted more than pics.
What you are looking at is the physical representation of Hyundai's will to succeed in the U.S., also known as the 2009 Hyundai Genesis. The Korean automaker's first attempt at a rear-wheel-drive luxury sedan will debut in Detroit next week and arrive on our shores later this year (we think) with a price tag that starts below $30,000. As is Hyundai's way, it will feature power, performance and amenities that belie its little price tag.

First, the design. The Genesis sedan has clean lines and uncluttered surfaces that look detailed and, frankly, expensive. Yes, it's derivative. There's a bit of Lexus LS in the headlights, some Infiniti in the profile and rear... you get the idea and can add your own observations in the comments. It's a criticism that's been lobbed at nearly every recent Hyundai design, but it doesn't stick. The design of the Genesis won't offend and it won't excite, and our only major complaint is the grille, which looks too anonymous without a big Hyundai logo front and center.

The Genesis sedan (don't forget about the rear-wheel-drive Genesis Coupe that's coming next) will be available with three engines including the automaker's familiar 3.3L and 3.8L Lambda V6 engines producing 264 HP/233 lb. ft. and 290 HP/264 lb. ft., respectively. The top-shelf motor will be Hyundai's first V8 in the U.S., the 4.6L Tau V8 that produces a healthy 368 HP and 324 lb. ft. of torque. The Tau V8 also gets paired with a ZF 6-speed automatic rather than the Aisin 6-speed autos that are mated to the V6 engines. The V8 also runs on good old fashioned 87 octane unleaded gas, something not all of its competition can claim. 0-60? Well under 6 seconds says Hyundai.

Courtesy of AutoBlog
asset_upload_file725_2555.jpg

asset_upload_file304_2555.jpg

full high res gallery

Some day the Koreans will realize, like the Japanese did a decade or two ago, that copying succesful brands at knockdown prices wont get you anywhere, because if you drive that, all you're doing is advertising the fact that you can't afford the real deal. And like the Japanese, once they realize that, they'll probably become economically unstoppable in the car industry.

For now though, I'll just put in the overtime and buy an LS :p

I like how it looks, any word on prices?

Well why include the info, noone cares about data from this .. thing.

you're not the only one on this forum.:blink: that's your opinion that you don't like this car. but your opinion isn't everyone else's.

its in the article that i posted.

Starting just below $30k.

Elmo187: it would have taken just as much effort to have answered his question than to be an ass about it. This is why I like to bold specific bits that are of interest to people when posting articles.

Elmo187: it would have taken just as much effort to have answered his question than to be an ass about it. This is why I like to bold specific bits that are of interest to people when posting articles.

wow, you took one tiny little sentence and thought i was being an ass about it? explain to me (within that tiny little sentence) where i was being an ass. because i would SURE like to know. i'm pretty sure if he thought i was being an ass, he would tell me himself. he doesn't need a cheerleader to do it for him.

damn, the way its been the past couple of days, it seems like i said something about your mother.

Oops, I skipped straight to the third paragraph because I saw numbers in it, I'll read more carefully next time.

Here are some big pictures of the interior:

Check out this legroom
http://img337.imageshack.**/img337/6356/assetuploadfile4502555jh4.jpg

I like the simplicity of the dash, it's better than having 300 tiny buttons. But that wood looks pretty ugly. Even if it is real, it looks like they just put some in to make it look upscale.

http://img337.imageshack.**/img337/5544/assetuploadfile3232555xz7.jpg

wow, you took one tiny little sentence and thought i was being an ass about it? explain to me (within that tiny little sentence) where i was being an ass. because i would SURE like to know. i'm pretty sure if he thought i was being an ass, he would tell me himself. he doesn't need a cheerleader to do it for him.

Simple, you made a bigger effort NOT to answer his question. That to me is being an ass.

damn, the way its been the past couple of days, it seems like i said something about your mother.

I would have been less offended if you would have.

That interior looks very sharp, like a place I wouldn't actually mind spending time in. It's pretty generic though: the bits that don't remind me of the S-Class look like they belong in insurance company posters, and I'm surprised Audi hasn't sued the bejeezus out of them for copying their clicky wheel thing. But at least the steering wheel looks like a PS2 controller, right?!

The front is exactly a copy of the Lexus LS plus a disgustingly hideous grille. The back is very similar to the new Infinitis (G35) and the interior is a strange mix of Merc CLS and a 90s Buick.

Way to go Hyundai. If it's any consolation Lexus, Acura and Infiniti weren't that great in their early days either.

Hyundai is a rising star in the world. I don't know how well this car drives, but if I were looking for a full sized luxury sedan I would certainly consider it.

Personally I think the car looks very elegant, much more so than many of the brands they have "borrowed" from; for starters, this model is not burdened with an excess of body creases and accents.

The front is exactly a copy of the Lexus LS plus a disgustingly hideous grille. The back is very similar to the new Infinitis (G35) and the interior is a strange mix of Merc CLS and a 90s Buick.

Way to go Hyundai. If it's any consolation Lexus, Acura and Infiniti weren't that great in their early days either.

I honestly don't think they intended to copy anyone. If you look at car design in the past 10 years, especially in the 20-30K sedan market, pretty much everything is starting to look similar. The rear looks like the Mondeo's, a 3-series, a G35's, a Sebring, and the new Mazda 6. The front has hints of the new Mazda 6, the Lexus IS, Lexus LS, Infiniti Q45 and little bit of Nissan Altima. But the thing is, I don't think I would ever mistake this car for any of the cars listed.

^ I generally agree with that point of view, but this is just too blatant, it's almost one of those Chinese clones. The front lights are 99.9 percent similar to the current Lexus LS for example.

I'm not a fan of the looks, but given the price, the warranty, the reliability, and the likely (straight line) performance, can you really go wrong? Ok so it's boring to look at, and very generic inside, but it's not exactly something you'd find at your local Enterprise Rent -a-Car.

It genuinely looks like a nice place to at least sit while stuck in traffic or wafting down the highway, which for a lot of people, is all that matters.