I am accepted at Microsoft :D

v0od0o

Car(s)
981 CS
Hi guys!
It's me again, and it's great news again, so many great things are happening to me lately.
Some of you probably know that I had applied at Microsoft US and that I was being interviewed for a few months now and waiting for my results. My Results are back and I was accepted!!! I just got the news and I can't describe how happy and overwhelmed I am. It's a life changing opportunity and if (or more likely when) I accept the offer I'll have to relocate to Redmond, Seattle. I'd be working in the largest software company in the whole world!!
For those of you in the know, I'd be working in the SQL Server group, as an SDET, if you don't know what that means never mind, you can still be happy for me and have a beer on me!!! :D
Besides announcing the lovely news I wanted to ask if there are any member here from Seattle or whereabouts.... I'd also love to meet any member from anywhere in the US, I'm talkin about organizing a real meeting not just online stuff in a couple of months hopefully, but it's probably too early to talk about that...

To Sum up! There are no words for what I'm feeling, I am speechless, and I'm floating with happiness!! Just wanted to share :D :D :D

THX for sharing, and I share your joy! And CONGRATS !!!!! :thumbsup:

... dunno if you'll be working with windows, but if so: please make it much better, pleeease :p

haz

Congrats again man! First your new car, now your new job, this must be the best beginning of the new year ever!

Get drunk and celebrate
:thumbsup:
:mouse:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hey i would like to say Congratulations, well done :D :D

If you're pay is good, give some cash to viper, he needs it more than you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Why do I need money?

Anyway, congrats v0od0o!

zyran said:
If you're pay is good, give some cash to viper, he needs it more than you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

congrats...

btw i know what MSSQL Server is, but what is an SDET?

Fantastic news!
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

v0od0o said:
I'd be working in the SQL Server group, as an SDET
I work with MSSQL on almost a daily basis, and I think that it is one of Microsoft's best products.
bigfoot1942 said:
btw i know what MSSQL Server is, but what is an SDET?
I don't know what an SDET is either.

MSSQL = MS's database software?

Viper007Bond said:
MSSQL = MS's database software?
Yep, they originally bought it from another company a long time ago (Sybase or something like that), but they have since done a complete rewrite.

Microsoft have been doing stuff like that for a while, I've used a bit of mysql + ms access. Works ok, not that i can do anything with it.

I recall them also buying all the borland c++ ppl. Good move.

Gl v0od0o, may u use Bill as your footstool one day :)

zyran said:
you know this is really one of the first things that came to mind when I thought that I'll be relocating and get paid a decent salary? I thought I should meet viper and that in the future I can handle the site expenses! I'm serious about it... I know he currently has more than a year left of free host subscription but when these are finished I will definitely step in, no kiddin :)

Thanks guys for all the posts, that's awesome :woot:
But where is UKD? he was always asking about me, and he was one of the first ppl I thought of when making the announcement! I wanna tell him now :)
About my car, I'll leave it to my sister, hopefully for a much better car. So in a couple of months you could expect me asking for advice about which car to get when i'm there :D Right now I'm thinking about a new gti, will have to check for exact prices when I'm there but it's what is on my mind right now and it starts at 19K USD, anyone with ideas about good cars in the same range are welcome. I know a civic starts at 13K but then again I think it's too early for that :)
I'll post in a short while about what an SDET does, but i'm very busy at work today... For the time being he develops code, it's short for Software Design Engineer in Test :)

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Oh and yes it's an awesome year really! The best there ever was for me.... Most of my dreams coming true that I really can't wish for anything more right now. it's actually overwhelming, getting a new car, then a new job with a new life, getting out of this country for a much better one (which was my dream since I was a child) plus getting another new car hopefully and working in the largest company in the world in my field. I definitely could never ask for more and I'm very thankful to God for all that

three in a row? Got mouth dihorrea? :lol: just kiddn ... this is your day! Post 10 times in a row if you want ;)

haz