I am going to go drive a Jaguar XF now...

British_Rover

Car(s)
2005 Gr Cherokee, dealer demo
be back with pictures and a quick review a little bit later. Our LR/Jag service rep just drove up in the first one he has been given and so far I have to say I really do like it.

Pictures just don't do the car justice at all.

Which version?

Just the basic one the XF premium with 18 inch wheels. Our GM swiped the keys first so I am waiting for him to get back.

First thing Tata needs to do is pony up some money for a decent wheel design. Those 18 inch wheels are very cheap looking.

is the xf the new flagship?
if not, anyone know when the new xj will be out?

i seriously think of buying a jag, but not sure if the xf is the one, i dont want to regret it when a new xj will evantually arrive...

OK I got back a while ago but was busy. I am still pretty busy so I can't go in depth right now or load up pictures till I get home.

All I can say is the XF is a great, great driving car. Much better driving then the last 5 Series I drove with handling that is very close in the bends but much smoother. The last 5 series I drove was a 545i with the sport package and 19 inch run flats so it had an extremely stiff ride. Yes it handled better and was a little more nimble then the XF but I would much prefer the smoother ride of the XF. I am sure the premium luxury XF with the slightly larger 19 inch wheels would be nipping right at the heels of that 5 series and still ride better. Oh and it would still cost less too.

I just optioned out a 550i to the level that this XF is and it comes out to a whopping... $71,195

The XF is only around $56,000.

Jaguar really have excelled themselves and the Germans with this new XF. Such a brilliant car.

What are your thoughts on its looks? Everyone says it does better in person than in pictures, and I haven't seen one in person yet.

I had a seat in the XF during the auto show and I must say it felt a bit special. It was so different from the Lexus GS (of whom it sort of shares it's looks with).

If I wanted a 4-door executive car, without a doubt I'd get the XF. Unless I still have some boy racer in me, then who knows.

is the xf the new flagship?
if not, anyone know when the new xj will be out?

i seriously think of buying a jag, but not sure if the xf is the one, i dont want to regret it when a new xj will evantually arrive...

The XJ is still the flagship Jag and is being redesigned in the next couple of years.

What are your thoughts on its looks? Everyone says it does better in person than in pictures, and I haven't seen one in person yet.

It does look much better in person. Even the headlights look alright in person.

If I wanted a 4-door executive car, without a doubt I'd get the XF. Unless I still have some boy racer in me, then who knows.

I can actually fit in the back seat when the driver's seat is set up to how I would have it set for driving. The head room is a bit type because of the sloped back roof but there is a little divot cut out for your head in the roof. Land Rover did something similar for the Range Rover sport.

I can't sit in the back of a five series or an E-Class if the seat is where I would put it to drive.

Pictures coming.

First set of pictures are here.

http://forums.finalgear.com/vehicle-sighting-photos/dealership-photos-26463/#post669101

Last edited:
Yep I agree - get them wheels changed immediately Tata - rest of the car is fine. Saw one in the flesh the other day - looked much better than the pics IMHO.

Yeah, those wheels really don't fit it IMO... Otherwise it looks good.

I like the way the XF looks... a lot. But I'm not really interested by the design as it just doesn't seem fresh. There are some obvious Jaguar touches in the design but in general I'm somewhat bored as I've seen something very similar to this design on Japanese and Euro cars in the past.

I'm surprised Spectre hasn't been in here yet to rain on your parade with his in-depth information of Jaguar history and electrical failings.

Oh, I've seen the thread. I've nothing against how the thing drives, it's okay for a Jaguar.

It's just that everything else sucks on it. :D

Ugly front end for me looks like they just threw some shite at the front and called it a day...The rest of the car looks decent, but not my cup of tea then again most Jags are not my cup of tea.

Just realized I never posted the longer review I did for another site on here so here it goes...

I got to drive a XF for the first time Thursday and I was impressed. The handling came very close to the last 5 series I drove and that 5 series had 19 inch wheels with the sport package.

The XF rode much better then the 5 series and I drove them over the same type of roads so I could compare them on equal ground. The XF I drove only had the 18 inch wheels so I am sure a 19 Inch wheeled car would be about equal to the handling of the 5 series and a SC XF with the dynamic suspension would surpass a five series.

I could adjust the driver's seat to a position where I would be comfortable driving and still sit in the rear seats comfortably. I like the little divot they cut out of the roof/headliner to give an inch or two of extra headroom. I am five foot 11 with shortish legs and a longer torso so someone a littler taller then me but more evenly proportioned would fit even better.

The driver's seat didn't look very comfortable but it was very comfortable. Just the right amount of firmness but I would have liked some additional side bolstering. I assume the SC XF would have that.

After driving the XF I priced out a 550i with the same features and came out to a MSRP of $71,195.

Even a SC XF doesn't break 66,000.

The XF I drove only had a MSRP of around 55,950. That is a freaking steal.

Oh, I've seen the thread. I've nothing against how the thing drives, it's okay for a Jaguar.

It's just that everything else sucks on it. :D
Can you be more specific? I like the car a lot but I'd like you detailed views if possible? May get one (when I am a bit better off - I like Jags)one day.