I bought a more or less practical car - 2017 Ford Fiesta ST

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
I did a thing while the forum was broken....

Installed Morimoto XB LED fog lights

They were fairly pricey compared to just putting LED bulbs in the existing housings like so many people do, but If I'm doing lighting mods, I'm doing them right. Went with Morimoto because they're one of the few that actually have proper aiming adjustments and are allegedly DOT certified. I was impressed with the design and engineering of the units. If you didn't know they were aftermarket, you could reasonably think they're OE.
All in all the install took me about 45 minutes, including aiming.

Before:

After:

Got another lighting mod planned, but this one will require quite a bit more work. Still looking for a few electrical components not on Mouser.

Last edited:

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Infiniti M30 - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
I did a thing while the forum was broken....

Installed Morimoto XB LED fog lights

They were fairly pricey compared to just putting LED bulbs in the existing housings like so many people do, but If I'm doing lighting mods, I'm doing them right. Went with Morimoto because they're one of the few that actually have proper aiming adjustments and are allegedly DOT certified. I was impressed with the design and engineering of the units. If you didn't know they were aftermarket, you could reasonably think they're OE.
All in all the install took me about 45 minutes, including aiming.

Before:

After:

Got another lighting mod planned, but this one will require quite a bit more work. Still looking for a few electrical components not on Mouser.
Fog lights look good! May see if they make any for my truck.

On the electrical connectors, try Future Electronics too. I find they are cheaper on some stuff over Mouser. Also it never hurts to check eBay. I've been getting my Tyco/AMP connectors from a seller out of Chicago, at a price cheaper than either Future or Mouser.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
Some of the photo tags aren't working :(
Yeah, I think Spectre mentioned that issue in the "Welcome to XenForo" thread. Looks like I got hit too. Going through it now to fix it.

Fog lights look good! May see if they make any for my truck.

On the electrical connectors, try Future Electronics too. I find they are cheaper on some stuff over Mouser. Also it never hurts to check eBay. I've been getting my Tyco/AMP connectors from a seller out of Chicago, at a price cheaper than either Future or Mouser.
Thanks for the heads up. At this point I'm down to just a relay cover, EATON B151-7184-L. I can get it from Waytek Wire for $3, but they have a minimum order qty of 3, charge a $5 "small order fee" for orders under $35 and charge $14 shipping. For reference, my 20+ item Mouser order is only costing $8 to ship. Mouser does stock the relay base that's designed for that cover, and list the cover in their part database, but with a "contact us for price quote". I did that, but ended up getting a no-quote with a note that said that Mouser cannot sell this product series. I did find the whole assembly (base+cover) on Connector Concepts for $6.50, but again they want something like $14-15 for shipping the one part. Damn thing can fit in a $6 USPS Flat Rate box so I refuse to pay their shipping quote on principle.

EDIT: Fixed all the photos. In the process of doing so, realized I already posted about the foglights. Even had a discussion about it with a few people. Don't remember doing so, must've been right before the forum went down.

Last edited:

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
Installed an auto-dimming rearview mirror out of a 2013 Mustang.

Before:

After:

Haven't wired it in yet, but that will be fairly straight forward.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
Conducted a very important test today...... found out my keyfob survives going through the washer.

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
Any opinion on throttle pedal spacer? I really don't like how deep the accelerator pedal is compared to the others on the RS, and it seems to be the same thing on the Focus ST. Does it affect the FiST as well?

Cellos88GT

DONOR
Car(s)
2 Fox Mustangs and a '00 VFR
Any opinion on throttle pedal spacer? I really don't like how deep the accelerator pedal is compared to the others on the RS, and it seems to be the same thing on the Focus ST. Does it affect the FiST as well?
My Fiesta ST friend has 3D printed a throttle pedal spacer for himself and our two friends with a FoST and FoRS. They all like them much better.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
Personally I haven't had any issues, but at the same time I'd be interested in spacer to see what the feel is like.

Cellos88GT

DONOR
Car(s)
2 Fox Mustangs and a '00 VFR
Do you know how thick?

There are 3/8", 3/4" and 1.5" on the market.
They all did 1" which according to them still keeps the throttle recessed a bit. 1.5" makes the pedal level with the others.

If you have access to a 3D printer, I guess you could print a couple sizes and see which you prefer.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)

Doppelgänger! Right down to the orange seats and steelies! Pulled up next to him, but he didn't even look over.