Ownership Verified: I bought a more or less practical car - 2017 Ford Fiesta ST

qL7DadT.jpg

Pretty sure the Super Duty's blue oval is bigger than my whole grille.

RLH11N7.jpg

Oh really? A map update.... for my Fiesta? That doesn’t have the optional SatNav? Common Ford! You should know better! How much money was wasted mailing these out to the millions of owners out there with non-nav Sync 3 vehicles?

The fact that they mail those things in the first place is retarded, do they not know about email?

Also doesn't Sync 3 have AA and CarPlay? Who the hell uses built in maps?

I wonder if these are sent out from a 3rd party? I get them for my truck and they always say something like "$199, but act now and get for only $99!"

I am curious about how you like the FiST as a daily. Not sure exactly what will happen, but I am looking at both STs as a possible daily in the 9-12 month range.

I get them for my 2014 Fusion with Nav. The maps are on a SD card and they want you to buy the card. Seriously, Ford, I love you, but I carry a device every day that is smarter than the collective brainpower of all three of my Ford vehicles put together. WHY would I give you extra money for nav maps? Especially when the map itself looks like some 8 bit stuff I used in the 80's.

I get them for my 2014 Fusion with Nav. The maps are on a SD card and they want you to buy the card. Seriously, Ford, I love you, but I carry a device every day that is smarter than the collective brainpower of all three of my Ford vehicles put together. WHY would I give you extra money for nav maps? Especially when the map itself looks like some 8 bit stuff I used in the 80's.

My mom has a 2017 Kia Sorento with built in nav AND CarPlay. When she got the notice to upgrade despite my many ways of saying “you have CarPlay, plug your phone in and you can use Apple Maps, google maps, or Waze and have always up to date navigation” which she has used for vacations. Still, she ended up spending the money because she wanted the emails to stop. *sigh* guess who spent an evening running the updates? Not her.

IGYCbjV.jpg

Long overdue 20k oil change yesterday. I really don’t have any excuses for being lazy and putting it off since I can use the hoists at work which make the whole process incredibly easy and quick. Also replaced the trans fluid with Motul DCT, the shifts feel much smoother than the factory Motorcraft DCT fill.