I bought my first car!!!!

v0od0o

Car(s)
981 CS
Hey guys,
I just bought my first car!!!! Got it last night, and I'm happier than ever!!
It's a hard thing to buy a car here.... prices are high and salaries are very low.... I sometimes thought I'd never be able to get one, but I got one now and it's new!!!!
I got a silver Opel Corsa GLS 1.6, we have a sedan version here that I don't think is available in europe or the US.... I will try to take pictures soon and post it. For now it looks like this (not my pic):
Corsa%20Sedan%20side.jpg

But mine has body colored door handles and door mouldings, and no alloys :(
It's a wonderful car (for the money of course :) ) It's got a 1.6 engine with 101 bhp and 140Nm torque at just 3000 rpm. 0-100 should come in 11.7 but I haven't tried it yet but I drove it at 160Kmh last night in the city and there was no drama at all :)
It's also got power steering, center lock, remote locking, electric windows front and rear, electric mirrors, blaupunkt radio cassette and some nifty features like the windows closing when u remote lock the car, center lock automatically closing when the car moves at over 30kmh and the windows stopping closing if something is in the way and the car honks the horn for you to pay attention :D
I am loving it!! I drove for 250 kms in it so far in 12 hours :D

I know many of you are wondering why I'm even posting this, I just thought I'd share my happiness and I know a lot of good friends here who will be happy for me :)

I am off for another drive :lol:

I'm very happy for v0od0o, I couldn't help but smile while I was reading your post. :thumbsup:

edit: I forgot to ask how you are doing with Microsoft?

hehehe I knew you'd be happy for me guys, you're the best :D
It's an awesome feeling because getting a car had been a dream of mine since forever, and the fact that I got it with my own money not my parents' or anything makes it even more precious :)

@UKD: And about the microsoft thing, My final round of interviews are 11th of jan (next Tuesday) and they should reply to me around 2 weeks later... so by end of jan I should have known if I'm staying here or going to Redmond, Seattle to be a microsoft employee :D I am trying to study hard these days that's why I'm very slow on the forums

@overheat: we had the hatchback corsa a few years ago now we only get the sedan dunno why, I guess it's because ppl here get a big car impression from sedans and are willing to pay more for it :)

^ That would be so awesome if you were able to work for Microsoft. If you work well for them for 10 years or so, it's not unlikely that you would have a salary of 100k+. Then you could buy nearly any car you want. :thumbsup:

Congrats about your new car :)
Be careful though, I've heard you guys have a rather terrifying road fatality rate, no ?

congrats v0od0o on the purchase. Enjoy your car :)

Congratulations mate :D
Enjoy :thumbsup:

v0od0o, once again, congratulasions. Awesome. I hope it is everything you hoped it would be. I smiled when I read your post, it seemed like you were just talking and talking without breathing in. Thats how I was aswell when I got my car.

I think we're all very happy for you, Im glad you posted this so now I'll know why you're always offline. :D

Ultra_Kool_Dude, hurry up and post, you can overtake Voodoo! :D

Congratulations, it must be such a good feeling! I can't wait till I can afford to buy myself a car.