Ownership Verified: I didn't choose the Dub life...

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
...the Dub life chose me! With the untimely demise of the Alfa :cry: I needed a replacement and I wasn't going to settle for some dreary old crapbox. Luckily I found a gem tucked away in the corner of a dealer in town.

A 2000 Golf GTi 2.0. This thing is in near immaculate condition! Apart from some scuffs on the mirror and wheels and stone chips on the front it's scratch-free. The leather is in very good condition too. It just passed its MOT last week with no advisories plus it's had some recent work done (new brake pads all around, new front discs, ignition pack, cambelt, suspension, tires, etc.). Also included was a full service history with almost all the work being done by VW dealers. It's had a few upgrades along the way with wheels, mild lowering springs, and an exhaust. That exhaust makes a nice throaty growl and some burbling on the overrun. I love it! The suspension is tight but not overly rough as it absorbs the bumps well instead of just jarring over them. It does have a kind of bunny-hop effect over some rough patches though. Best of all the brakes are amazing! I can't get over how hard they bite. Overall I'm very, very pleased with it. I've always liked the GTi and now I have one of my own.

In the end, you'll buy a golf 4 tdi and move on :)

:lol: I swear I didn't buy this car for the irony. In fact I actually contemplated not buying it just for that reason.

Alfa Romeo...driving Finalgear members to Volkswagen since 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well fuck me sideways and call me a gerbil!

I think it?s still a good-looking car and this one is just looking GREAT. Perfect height, nice color and wheels.
Congrats! Nothing else to say.

obama-not-bad.jpeg

Is this the 115PS 8v or the 150PS 16v version?

:lol: I swear I didn't buy this car for the irony. In fact I actually contemplated not buying it just for that reason.

Glad you said that or there could be some really big heads around here. :lol:

I'm not a VW man at all but it's says GTI on it, is in black and looks tidy so it gets a thumbs up from me. :thumbup:

obama-not-bad.jpeg

Just the 8v. The research I did suggested that the 1.8 turbo is the best engine to have but with the way things have been going with my cars here a turbo is just one more thing to go wrong. I really didn't want a car to be anything more than a comfortable, practical, reasonably sporty commuter and this fits the bill nicely.

obama-not-bad.jpeg

It seems to be an original GTI, so it should be the 150PS version. At least in Germany it wasn't sold otherwise.

Edit: A GTI with 115 PS? :blink: Well, 110kw was the "weakest" engine offered in Germany.
Still a very nice car :)

Last edited:
I know, right? :lol:

It seems to be an original GTI, so it should be the 150PS version. At least in Germany it wasn't sold otherwise.

Edit: A GTI with 115 PS? :blink: Well, 110kw was the "weakest" engine offered in Germany.
Still a very nice car :)

According to my Googling the 8v 2.0 was sold as the GTi only here in England. Not really sure of the reasoning for it.

Or as the rest of the world knows it - the 2.slow

idiot, didn't you know i have a V5 GTI for sale :p Congrats on joining the darkside.

At least the straight six addiction lead to good cars...

What, getting a non-GTI GTI is now a thing?

Anyway, congrats!

Another one!?

Nice sensible car and I like the leather seats.
This won't explode if you lend it to a friend for a few days. :p

:smile:

According to my Googling the 8v 2.0 was sold as the GTi only here in England. Not really sure of the reasoning for it.

I would guess that'd be because of Insurance companies.
(Male Golf GTI drivers = Followers of Beelzebub and continuous breakers of all UK driving laws.)

So how many horse does(n't) it have?

115hp when it was new. It doesn't really feel any more or less quick than the Alfa was. Handling on the other hand... :thumbsup:

Now that it's dark out I've found an annoying problem with the interior lights not working properly. They should come on when a door is opened or central locking unlocked but they just stay on all the time like they do in the switch position specifically for that. I suspect it has something to do with the passenger's door lock since the little plunger for that door doesn't move as much as the others with the central locking. It sounds like it might be binding up on something. Maybe the lights think that door is constantly in the unlocking stage. :dunno:

Another one!?

Golf...the new MX5!