I Drive a Red Car... With TWO Clutch Pedals!

Finally, here's a short video showing you the M-DCT in action when you're just driving around normally in the city, which used to be the bane of all Sequential Manual Gearboxes. Not this one....
I still don't understand why people insist on calling their automatic gearboxes "manual" just because the have clutches inside. :p

Dual clutch boxes are awesome, regardless if the car is a diesel powered Skoda or a BMW M. They just work so damn well in every possible situation.

I still don't understand why people insist on calling their automatic gearboxes "manual" just because the have clutches inside. :p

Yeah, that annoys me as well. A torque converter isn't want makes a transmission an automatic. It's whether or not you have to manually change gears or not that matters. And pushing a button on the steering wheel or center console doesn't count. Otherwise you could call all automatics "semi-manuals" since you have to manually select Drive or Reverse or whatever.

But anyway, really nice M3. I really like the 4 door versions as well. Not sure about the color though. A bit too bright and flashy. I like the idea of M3s and M5s being a bit understated and sleeper-ish.

Nice car. I too am a fan of the Interlagos Blue, but that red is pretty hot as well.

nice. i bet that is real fun to scoot around in. my buddy has one and it just looks effortless. he looks slow on track since its so composed but his times are great.

i still would have got the V myself. the V wagon is awesome and unique. i honestly don't get exited when i see a BMW anymore. 99% of the BMW M drivers around here just have them for status symbols and use them for commuter cars, it is rare to see one on track out here. i do like the 1 series M though.

Last edited:
I know it's been said already, but:

1. Congratulations!
2. Don't you mean NO clutch pedals? :p

Legally, double clutch robotized gearboxes are considered automatics (hence the requirement of a mechanical transmission lock, aka the P position, and key-shifter interlock), while single clutch robotized gearboxes are classified as manuals (no P position).
</carbore>

Last edited:
Sorry, it's mostly a joke about a badly translated sales brochure for the M-DCT M3s when they first came out, and the description for the car's feature set said that it had "2 clutch pedals for maximum driving comfort" :p

One thing that hurt my trade-in value of my 2008 E90 M3 was the 3-4 metal-showing rock chips on my hood. So, a week after I got my 2011.75 E90 M3, I had the Ventureshield put on.

- Xpel machine cut Ventureshield
- Full hood
- Full bumper
- Full both front fenders
- "Full" wing mirrors (though only the top 2/3 of the front side of the mirrors are covered)
- Both headlights
- Trunk strip (alongside the top of the bumper, not pictured)

$1250 CAD + 12% sales tax installed, which I thought to be a decent price. I know that I can probably have the whole front-end repainted for a bit more than that, but I don't feel like explaining to private-sale buyers why the paint thickness is so different. After all, the first thing they'll think of is "accident repair."

2011-08-12%25252015.45.54.jpg

2011-08-12%25252015.45.02.jpg

2011-08-12%25252015.45.23.jpg

2011-08-12%25252015.46.11.jpg

2011-08-12%25252015.46.50.jpg

2011-08-12%25252015.47.14.jpg

2011-08-12%25252015.47.36.jpg

SHINY!

I feel like I've seen these license plates somewhere else before... :lol: :D

We should start a Stig plate club.