I found an Alfa Romeo specialty shop in Metro Detroit!

Sevs753

Car(s)
'13 Subaru BRZ, '04 GMC Yukon
I was headed to my uncles house today when I noticed a shop that had an Alfa Romeo out front. Then i saw another one next to it. Then another! Then I realized that just about every car there was an Alfa. Then i noticed there were many more at the empty store front two doors down! I had to turn around and get some photos.

I thought it was some sort of Alfa Romeo graveyard at first. As it turns out, the guy that owns the place was there and we chatted for a few minutes. Some of the cars are his collection, some are parts cars and others are clients cars waiting on parts or service. It was really cool to see. He wasn't too optimistic about Alfas return the the states though. He said that they were pricing themselves out of their old market with the 4C costing $70k.

It was a really cool place and not i know where to go if i ever go insane and buy an old Alfa. :p

FCwi9mD.jpg

YCO0Dnz.jpg

K8i6CC3.jpg

Zee6XGw.jpg

ui9uWo5.jpg

Well, Detroit is a third world country, so it's natural they'd have one of everything awful. :mrgreen:

So that's where all the 164s went.

I want one badly, no matter how bad it actually is.

Nice, I can get spare doors for my 9000 :mrgreen:

Also:
K8i6CC3.jpg

Dat Saab <3

hey hey, outside of Detroit proper, its at least second world, thank you very much. :D

Hell, I'd even go as far as saying some of the suburbs are properly first world.

But nice find, I want to go check it out.

Hell, I'd even go as far as saying some of the suburbs are properly first world.

But nice find, I want to go check it out.

After doing a little more digging, The place is called Trail Auto. Their website (http://www.trailalfa.com) seems to be down but I found several news articles of restorations the guy has been involved in and several posts about he's great to do business with.

70's, 80's and early 90's Alfas are not for the faint of heart. Looks like this shop has the strong stuff only :lol:

After doing a little more digging, The place is called Trail Auto. Their website (http://www.trailalfa.com) seems to be down but I found several news articles of restorations the guy has been involved in and several posts about he's great to do business with.

Seems about right.

r3FaRNa.png

I drive by less than 1000 feet from that shop on days when I don't take Southfield home and never knew of its existence. Will need to check it out sometime.

Last edited:
Looks like a good place to test orbital weapons platform targeting. :evil: