I hate this country sometimes

TroyWK

Car(s)
Canyonero
http://www.news.com.au/news/austral...n-facebook-photo/story-fndpu6dv-1226387891149

733959-nick-d-039-arcy-and-kenrick-monk.jpg

BAD boy swimmers Nick D'Arcy and Kenrick Monk have sparked outrage after they posed with high-powered weapons in a US gun shop.
The pair smile smugly holding automatic pistols and pump-action shot guns similar to those used in the Virginia Tech and Port Arthur massacres.

Swimming Australia demanded Monk remove the picture after he posted it on Facebook.

It's understood the photo was taken in California where the Australian Olympic squad have been training.

Olympic chiefs have slammed the athletes for their stupidity less than two months before competition in London.

"These postings today are foolish and clearly inappropriate for members of the 2012 Australian Olympic Team," said Australian chef de mission Nick Green.

"Anything that is not in the Olympic spirit, or does not follow our guidelines will come down.

"There is no such thing as privacy on social media. Anything that is put up will be in the public domain.

"This incident serves as a warning to all athletes on the 2012 team about the dangers of social media. We say again to our athletes, do not put anything up on social media that you would not share with your mother or your grandmother.

"By all means use social media, but use it responsibly."

Gun Control Australia spokesman John Crook said it was a new low for the athletes.

"If ever there was a photo of two kids playing macho boys this is it," Mr Crook said.

He said D'Arcy was pictured holding semi-automatic pistols, similar to those used by Virgina Tech Massacre gunman Cho Seung-Hui.

Monk was holding the same guns used by Martin Bryant who murdered 35 people in Port Arthur in 1996.

"It's a disgrace to the Olympic swimming team,'' Mr Crook said.

"I doubt they have the moral sensitivity to be concerned about human suffering."

It is not the first time the swimmers have been embroiled in controversy.

Last year Monk made a false complaint to police claiming he was the victim of a hit and run when he had actually fallen off his skateboard and broken his elbow in two places.

In 2008, D'Arcy was charged over a king-hit on teammate Simon Cowley during a brawl on the night the Australian Olympic team was named.

Cowley suffered a broken jaw, eye socket, cheekbone and nose in the attack.

D'Arcy later declared himself bankrupt saying he was unable to pay $370,000 in damages and costs.

The Herald Sun is seeking comment from D'Arcy, Monk and the Australian Olympic Committee.

NICK D'ARCY AND KENRICK MONK'S CHEQUERED HISTORY

March 31, 2008 - D'Arcy charged over king-hit on teammate Simon Cowley during a brawl on the night the Australian Olympic team was named. Cowley suffered a broken jaw, eye socket, cheekbone and nose in the attack.

April 18, 2008 - D'Arcy dropped from Beijing Olympic team over assault.

March 27, 2009 - D'Arcy avoids jail for Cowley attack, instead receiving a 14-month suspended sentence.

April, 2010 - D'Arcy tests positive for banned drug formoterol. FINA claims is was not sent documentation that would allow D'Arcy to use the drug to treat asthma.

September 28, 2011 - Monk breaks his elbow, telling police he is a victim of a hit-and-run by a P-plate driver while riding his bike to training in Brisbane. He is helped from the scene by D'Arcy and Stephanie Rice.

October 2, 2011 - Monk admits to lying to police about hit-and-run and reveals he broke the bones in his elbow after falling off his skateboard.

November 27, 2011 - Queensland Police opt not to press charges against Monk, before the police union labels him a "wannabe B-grade celebrity athlete".

December, 2011 - Cowley successfully sues D'Arcy. D'Arcy ordered to pay $370,000 in damages and costs. D'Arcy declares himself bankrupt.

March 23, 2012 ? D?Arcy and Monk are named in Australia?s swimming team for the London Olympic Games.

June 7, 2012 - D'Arcy and Monk court controversy again when they are pictured posing with guns in a US gun shop.

When stories such as this are major news you know your country has a problem.

We all know D'Arcy's a wanker but this photo isn't really offensive IMO. Who doesn't get a picture in a gun shop when they go to America? It's like getting a picture in a pose that makes you look like you're pushing over the Leaning Tower of Piza. Completely standard.

We all know D'Arcy's a wanker but this photo isn't really offensive IMO. Who doesn't get a picture in a gun shop when they go to America? It's like getting a picture in a pose that makes you look like you're pushing over the Leaning Tower of Piza. Completely standard.

Precisely. Someone needs to send that Nick Green bloke this picture.......

I said the same thing to my mum. Her reply was that "of course they shouldn't have done it! It's irresponsible when they have young fans, and are in the public eye."

Rubbish. It's LEGAL there.

I even pointed out there are photos of me on Facebook (and here) with similar - though actually being fired.

When I came to Australia, I thought this country was full off tough, rough and straightforward, now I know better.
If I could vote, I'd vote a different party, just because I think MrT would say 'stop whinghing you bloody do-gooders' and more alike. I know my fellow countrymen won't let me down.

Also do you know what they do in the olympic village? THEY BANG THEIR BRAINS OUT! Every free minute they are rooting like rabbits, just about with anybody who wants. Hey why not, but if your a country with these whingers, should you not be more concerned about that/ keep the sporters away from that?

Just my 2 cents

I have got the impression that Australia still lives with the inheritance of the war on communism, where the Australian idea of freedom meant almost an allergy to communism.. which led to Australia becoming quite unfree.

Am I wrong?

To have the old Australia back

ned_kelly.jpg

When men were men and wore fucking armor to bank robberies.

I have to assume if Lindsay Lohan was an australian celeb, the journalists there would die of exhaustion with all her shenanigans.

I have to assume if Lindsay Lohan was an australian celeb, the journalists there would die of exhaustion with all her shenanigans.

Instead we have Lara Bingle :-?:yucky: "Australia's answer to a question we never asked".

Her inability to park her old Aston Martin in legal spaces made the paper on more than one occasion. She also ran out of petrol in it twice in two weeks.
Then it got stolen by a couple of 14 year olds. http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-of-aston-martin/story-e6frfmqr-1225816398257
Pics of her in a shower with a married footy player were "leaked", leading to the end of her engagement, and the Aston going up for sale.
There was the possible flushing of her 200k engagement ring down a toilet. http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...n-michael-clarke/story-e6frfmqi-1225840463853
She recently had an accident with some woman in the city and had to go to court over it. http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cel...er-motor-accident--report-20120603-1zpq6.html

And now she has her own "reality" tv show. Except the producers have moved her into a multi-million dollar apartment with stunning views during filming, to make it look better on TV...

Last edited:
This whole thing is because some people don't know the difference between morality and legality. It's the same with the US trying to make it illegal for US citizens to break US law when abroad or to travel abroad with the intent of doing something that is illegal in the US (smoking weed or BASE jumping, for example). Neither of these acts are immoral, just like holding or firing a gun is not immoral just because some nations have made it illegal.

Morality is an internalized structure of rut and wrong, legality is the law of the land. Not all moral acts are legal just as not all legal acts are moral.

Plus, the photo was taken in California, you can't even get the fun firearms there! Come to Nevada or Utah for that. Fuck, I think I probably own two or three guns that are California-legal out of the dozen in the house.

Last edited:
It would be fun if they would go to Holland and smoke a big joint in front of a whorehouse with a semi naked hooker behind them. Nothing wrong with that according to the Dutch law.

Reminds me of Denis "I stole my entire act from Bill Hicks and I don't give a shit!" Leary.....

You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac El Dorado convertible. Hot pink! With whale-skin hubcaps and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights! Yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115 MPH, getting one mile per gallon, suckin' down Quarter-Pounder cheeseburgers from McDonalds in the old-fashioned non-biodegradable Styrofoam container and when I'm done suckin' down those grease-ball burgers, I'm gonna wipe my mouth with the American flag, and I'm gonna toss the Styrofoam containers right out the side, and there ain't a goddamn thing anybody can do about it. You know why? Because we got the bombs. That's why! Two words! Nuclear fuckin' weapons, okay? Russia, Germany, Romania, they can have all the democracy they want. They can have a big democracy cake and walk right through the middle of Tiananmen Square and it won't make a lickin' difference cause we got the bombs, okay?

The pair of them held press conferences yesterday and declared they are not going to be using social media until after the Olympics, and as soon as their participation has concluded, the Aussie officials are sending them home.

Apparently the "issue" is with the way they were posed with the weapons.:rolleyes:

With the muzzles pointed in a safe direction and under the supervision of a licensed gun expert in a federally licensed facility?