I have a hatred of tiny cars

You also get a very fast and moddable car for the money.

It is $31,000 for the cheapest V8 version. You can get a V8 Mustang for $26,000. While I agree the LS2 has lots of mods, I doubt the rest of the SUV has as many suspension, chassis, etc after market components available. Plus with the five grand you save on the Mustang you can easily bring it up to well beyond 400hp, or significantly upgrade the handling.

I love how you get personal. Calling me an idiot for liking a decent truck that makes a helluva lot of power.

Say's the kid who judged my opinion on safety by my unsafe little car. Let's say the Mustang's numbers were fake, what makes you think that GM wouldn't lie about their performance numbers?

I'm the exact opposite. I love small cars to death.

But I think we also need to think about the definition of a "small" car.
A Ford Focus/VW Golf/Vauxhall - Opel - Holden Astra is not a "small" car.

Small to me is anything smaller than the ones I stated above.
For the record, I drive an Opel Astra
To Americans, it's a compact car, which in all seriousness, it isnt.
It carries 4 or even 5 people, and their luggage in comfort. I'm 6ft tall and can sit in the drivers seat with 3 6 ft passengers and drive for hundrends of kms without backache or anything. It also has a relatively large engine so it has enough hp to deal with highway overtakings and high speed driving.

I would class it as family car or midsize.

A small car, in which I mean something like this :

05-red-f3q-f.jpg

Citroen C1.

In all seriousness, this car would be enough for me.
I drive 35 kms to work and back every day. I am alone for 90% of the time.
It's mainly heavy traffic jams. I hardly go to the store and buy tons of crap that wouldn't fit in it.

These kinds of cars are SUPER handy around town, it weighs nothingit gets 70 mpg so you almost never have to fill it up, it costs next to nothing to buy, run and insure, and if you can live with a slightly cheaper interior, is the same to drive since you're stationary most of the time. Parking also becomes the easiest thing evah...
And, if we are to believe current crash tests, they are safer than older cars. Plus I think they look cutesy and funky.

The only area where I think this car loses to the Astra, is performance. Of course, it won't be as quick. But for the % of time I'm able to use all that power, I don't care. Of course, it won't be able to carry 4 adults with luggage.
Again, at this point in my life I don't care. It can carry myself, the wife, and our dogs + luggage with ease.

Small cars for the win. Period. (At least where I live, and what I do with my cars. Of course the situation is a little different if you are a lumberjack and live in the ass end of Canada, where you need to haul trees + 3 big co-workers for hundreds of miles every day)

but still, small cars rule. Smallness and lightness for the win

Reactions: lip

Small cars for the win. Period. (At least where I live, and what I do with my cars. Of course the situation is a little different if you are a lumberjack and live in the ass end of Canada, where you need to haul trees + 3 big co-workers for hundreds of miles every day)

but still, small cars rule. Smallness and lightness for the win

+1

Small cars FTW! Why bother with anything bigger unless you actually physically need the extra space (large family, work-related haulage)? It just costs more money, takes up more space on the roads, causes more pollution, harder to park, etc...

The only reason the F150 is the best selling car in America is because of cheap fuel and running costs. I wonder how many F150 owners in the US would still "need" their big SUVs/pickups if fuel cost $7-9 a gallon like in Europe.

Yes. It clearly deserves a lofty elevation to the highest echelon of the most legendary vehicles in the history of the world, a technological revolution, and I'm glad GM is gaining valuable advertising dollars having you as part of their promotions department, a job at which you succeed at with flying colors.

you really show you're age sometimes

Do I give a massive diarrhetic corn-riddled shit what the fuck the platform is called? I guess I'm just not as big a fanboy as you are. By the way, it's the GMT360 platform which debuted in 2002 alongside the GMC Envoy and Oldsmobile Bravada (later the Buick Rainier, Isuzu Ascender, and Saab 9-7x; the GMT370 extended platform was on the Envoy XL, Envoy XUV, and Trailblazer EXT); I still have the Car and Driver July 2002 issue of their press debut. Whoopodeefuckingdoo. See how you bring it upon yourself sometimes?

Shit, he's on to us. :shifty:

I love you guys, but I hate how you always forget to call me when the 16 year-old bashing starts.... shucks.

*kicks dirt*

I didnt bash. You guys get so serious about cars you forget what they are all about. Its a machine, but if you've ever spent enough time to get to know your so called POS car, you will grow a bond to it.

Thats what i did with my truck and i like it very much. I could never feel the same about some BMW. It has a lot of character. But you guys just call them rattle trap pieces of junk, which isnt true at all.

You will figure it out one day and understand what that 'bashing 16 year old' was talking about.

It is $31,000 for the cheapest V8 version. You can get a V8 Mustang for $26,000. While I agree the LS2 has lots of mods, I doubt the rest of the SUV has as many suspension, chassis, etc after market components available. Plus with the five grand you save on the Mustang you can easily bring it up to well beyond 400hp, or significantly upgrade the handling.

I say the same thing comparing the TBSS to a Grand Cherokee SRT8.

And the TBSS can do quite a bit more than a mustang. it has 5 seats, AWD, and a pretty big trunk. That and it can tow 6000lbs.

I say the same thing comparing the TBSS to a Grand Cherokee SRT8.

And the TBSS can do quite a bit more than a mustang. it has 5 seats, AWD, and a pretty big trunk. That and it can tow 6000lbs.

We where talking about racing performance, people generally don't race while towing 6000lbs, or riding with 4 other people. And AWD is not necessary important, unless you are doing rallying in which case you are better off with an Impreza or similar.

Throwing up straw-men and hoping for one to stick is not how you argue. I am tired of once again having another thread destroyed by your worthless banter. You don't say anything meaningful, you spew forth a load of meaningless and inconsistent dribble that has no part in the argument. Then you get your panties in a twist when anyone says you are wrong.

I have given you advice on how to conduct yourself properly in the past multiple times, you have chosen to ignore this advice, as a result I will continue to call you an idiot.

You guys get so serious about cars you forget what they are all about. Its a machine, but if you've ever spent enough time to get to know your so called POS car, you will grow a bond to it.

Thats what i did with my truck and i like it very much. I could never feel the same about some BMW.

You just went against your own logic. The BMW is no more a machine than your Tonka trunk. Saying you could never feel that way for it shows you're doing just as much brand-snubbing as the rest of us.

For the record, I drive an Opel Astra
To Americans, it's a compact car, which in all seriousness, it isnt.
It carries 4 or even 5 people, and their luggage in comfort. I'm 6ft tall and can sit in the drivers seat with 3 6 ft passengers and drive for hundrends of kms without backache or anything. It also has a relatively large engine so it has enough hp to deal with highway overtakings and high speed driving.

Vectra would be considered mid-sized here

You just went against your own logic. The BMW is no more a machine than your Tonka trunk. Saying you could never feel that way for it shows you're doing just as much brand-snubbing as the rest of us.

As much as i like BMWs, after driving the newer ones, there is just no character to them.. an older one has tons of character. The new ones, way to mechanical..

We where talking about racing performance, people generally don't race while towing 6000lbs, or riding with 4 other people. And AWD is not necessary important, unless you are doing rallying in which case you are better off with an Impreza or similar.

Throwing up straw-men and hoping for one to stick is not how you argue. I am tired of once again having another thread destroyed by your worthless banter. You don't say anything meaningful, you spew forth a load of meaningless and inconsistent dribble that has no part in the argument. Then you get your panties in a twist when anyone says you are wrong.

I have given you advice on how to conduct yourself properly in the past multiple times, you have chosen to ignore this advice, as a result I will continue to call you an idiot.
I think your chosing to say this stuff. My 'mindless dribble' has probably more content than your 'intelligent posts' when calling me an idiot. You guys were discussing which is better, a mustang or a camaro. I said i'd rather have this than either. You didnt HAVE to respond to my comment, but you CHOSE to.

A TBSS is good if you like to do a lot of things. it miles more practical than a mustang and works in ALL climates. So next time you wanna get out of Washington, head to a place that gets quite a bit of snow, a Mustang isnt gonna move. Yes, a mustang is going to be faster stock, its a fricken car. Your comparing a CAR to a truck. A truck that with one $200 mod will blow the doors off your prized pony car.

Next time you wanna call some one an idiot, atleast pick a good fricken person. I may not seem like it, but if theres 2 cars i know a lot about, its G35s and Trailblazers. So dont even challenge me on that. I think beyond 'just straight out performance' and factor in other damn factors.

Im getting so sick of this shit every day. If i didnt like Top Gear, i dont know why id be here. You give Mopar Man shit because he likes big 'noisy pickups with bad exhausts' and anybody else that dislikes somthing other than what you like.

Let this thread continue. I know i will get bashed more and more with this post, so im done. You guys are a bunch of damn cavemen and dont know how to have a good damn arguement.

You sit here wanting and wanting all these sweet cars like ferraris and bugattis but your all driving old Hondas and crap. And now i see why, because you have 0 people skills.

Good luck with life, seeing as you cant even work the damn internets.

I think your chosing to say this stuff. My 'mindless dribble' has probably more content than your 'intelligent posts' when calling me an idiot. You guys were discussing which is better, a mustang or a camaro. I said i'd rather have this than either. You didnt HAVE to respond to my comment, but you CHOSE to.

A TBSS is good if you like to do a lot of things. it miles more practical than a mustang and works in ALL climates. So next time you wanna get out of Washington, head to a place that gets quite a bit of snow, a Mustang isnt gonna move. Yes, a mustang is going to be faster stock, its a fricken car. Your comparing a CAR to a truck. A truck that with one $200 mod will blow the doors off your prized pony car.

Next time you wanna call some one an idiot, atleast pick a good fricken person. I may not seem like it, but if theres 2 cars i know a lot about, its G35s and Trailblazers. So dont even challenge me on that. I think beyond 'just straight out performance' and factor in other damn factors.

Im getting so sick of this shit every day. If i didnt like Top Gear, i dont know why id be here. You give Mopar Man shit because he likes big 'noisy pickups with bad exhausts' and anybody else that dislikes somthing other than what you like.

Let this thread continue. I know i will get bashed more and more with this post, so im done. You guys are a bunch of damn cavemen and dont know how to have a good damn arguement.

You sit here wanting and wanting all these sweet cars like ferraris and bugattis but your all driving old Hondas and crap. And now i see why, because you have 0 people skills.

+1

I am tired of this shit you Fuckwit - yes you have graduated from idiot - this is the last time I will respond to your bullshit in this thread.

You decided to join in the conversation by commenting on the discussion I was having with Matt and co; you will get a response by me when you comment on something I said.

YOU are the one who started to compare it to a car. Do you have no long term memory? And what $200 mod is that, Mr. I Just Once Again Compared My SUV to a Car.

Okay, and this has what to do with this discussion? I never said once you didn't know anything about those two cars.

I never gave him shit about his pickup, I only give him shit about his imaginary Aston and GTR.

Yes because insulting almost everyone on these forms, many of whom may not have any negative opinion of you, is a great example of social skills.

You get bashed for being an idiot and refusing to take advice on how to properly conduct yourself. Either act like an adult or leave these forums.

Last edited:
Your a dumbass. Im sorry, but your jsut stupid. You dont get anything and you dont know anything. I say sotmhing and tis right so you get pissed off.

$200 mod is somthing called a TUNE. Its what graduates a stock car to a fast car.

Dumbass, by the way, you can pickup LS SSes with a sunroof for 26-27k. So they actually ARE the same price.

Take advice? i DID THAT YOU ARTARD. I was being effin mature then you went all fagasaur on me and stated saying ignorant shit like "Your stupid" and "Your a dumbass, you like a corvette powered SUV that you can get in the 20 thousand range"

I said what i'd rather have over a Mustang, okay? and you called me a freaking idiot for it. Your being the biggest hypocrite on this planet.

Yikes. Did you type that with your face?

Typing fast, probably with my face. I dont know right now but im sick of your BS reasons to hate me becuase i like POS cars that you dont and i bring them up in discussions about cars. i mean, we are on a car forum.

Nothings good enough for these guys though unless its an 80k BMW.

When it comes down to it though, the Mustang is a pile, the trailblazer is a pile, and the camaro is a pile.

And the only way you will get them to last long is if you take care of them long and hard. Thats why im getting rid of my truck before it takes a turn for the worst. I dont keep cars for a million bagillion years. So thats why i look at the short term cost.