I have been pirated!

Ramseus

Have you been high today?
So here I was, just watching terrible youtube videos to pass the time, and what should I come across? Some faggots who stole part of one of my songs! WHAT THE FUCK. I wouldn't be so belligerent but for the retardedness of the video. Watch from 0-0:27 (the rest is pure bollocks) and then look at my song (which, btw, was written a couple years ago). I guarantee you they downloaded the guitar pro file of it from a little song writing competition a long while ago at my lil old metal forum. Really, I don't know if I should be pissed off or humbled, but in light of 0:27-end I'm pissed.

faggots' video WARNING: DO NOT WATCH PAST 0:27
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87jMLaBbMWY[/youtube]

MY song
http://bands.heavymetalsociety.org/ramseus/redux.Lament.mp3

/irrelevant thread

Last edited:
What the fuck is this shit?!

sorry, big letters for extra clearificating. The retarded latter portion of the video is not the point of this thread and any harm caused by it (99% chance of it causing harm) is not my responsibility.

First, let's cut the hyperbole used for the sake of insult.

Did they rape your women and steal your ship at high seas? If not, you were not pirated.
Are they rainbow-flag-wearing homosexuals? If not, they are not faggots.

Now that we've got that out of the way...

I can hear some similarities between them (your playing is miles better, BTW), but I can't hear anything directly borrowed from your song.

Even if it was, is 28 seconds really worth getting all worked up about?

Even if it was, don't you think a better approach would be to say that you appreciate the flattery, but that it would be appropriate to provide some sort of credit?

Even if it was, and even if your selling your work, do you really think a lousy 28 second recording of lousy playing would even make a dent surface-scratch in your sales?

Even if it was, don't you think it's possible that two in seven billion people might just have a similar idea?

Last edited:
Yey for eppb

I don't think they used your song.

However, they're not selling it nor they are crediting themselves for it. In fact, they're just two idiots toying with a piano. Even if they had stolen some music from you, they are so stupid they're not worth your anger, nor anyone else's.

IMHO, clearly.

buuuuut eeeepp, I love hyperbole :(

In fact, I even love hyperbolas

http://img379.imageshack.**/img379/1884/80656753.jpg

Oi! Where'd that picture come from!

And that is my song. Since he's playing from memory, and clearly just did it for failed lulz, he didn't memorize it perfectly and it's patchy, but it is my song. I guarantee it.

What the hell, it's just some retards monkeying around for fun. They aren't earning any money from it, they aren't trying to pass it off as their work. Besides that your intro isn't difficult enough that someone couldn't just write down the notes as they hear it. So chill out.

I'm not mad at this thread, just disappointed.

So anyone who does a "cover" on youtube is now a pirate? If so, there are a ton of guitarists in deep trouble :roll: Just about every song under the sun has been "covered" on youtube. I guess it's different if someone is taking credit for someone else's song, but these morons are just messing around and playing 20 some seconds of a song in a retarded random video. It's nothing to get irate about.

Pirate?

I'm not mad at this thread, just disappointed.
Because... ?

And, dang, I don't think I've ever received that much +rep for one post :lol:

Last edited:
You don't own your ideas, Ramseus. ;)

Lay back and start breathing normally again. The sky isn't falling.

Are you referring to my use of the word "irate"? :lol:
Yes cup.
Because... ?

I expected something rather entertaining when I saw the title, but it turned out to be a somewhat annoying whine-fest. Of course you were a shining beacon of good, but overall, I was hoping for more.

Then someone invented the internets.