I may have no license (yet), but at least I'm not this bad

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I thought you got your license a few months ago. Anyway, congrats to her.

I thought you got your license a few months ago. Anyway, congrats to her.

I got my permit in mid-June. :)

I've been driving every weekend for about 2 months now though and making serious progress.

Well, hopefully you'll get your license in less tries than this lady. :D Anyway, congrats to her for sticking it through!

I know this is an ancient joke, but how the fuck do you still not have a license when people 10 years younger than you do?

Well, you have to commend her for not giving up and at 69 years old i guess she wont be driving that much really. On another note i know someone that passed their driving test on the 7th go...and they drive like an idiot on the road, really dangerous.

I want to plus rep this lady so badly. She deserves it!

Well they said that it was the writen test that she struggled with. The practical bit she handled fine. So i guess she just struggle a bit with reading comprehension

I know this is an ancient joke, but how the fuck do you still not have a license when people 10 years younger than you do?

Same reason my wife didn't have one until age 28; where she lived she had no use for one. The need arose when she met me and we lived in a remote rural town. Plus I pushed her to have one so she was not dependent on me.

Well they said that it was the writen test that she struggled with. The practical bit she handled fine.

Well she still failed 4 times on each of the two practical tests but in comparison they must've been a breeze. Congrats to her anyway, the Kia looks almost as big as her house/hut.

People in the West have been exposed to automobiles for generations. They ride in them as children and generally know what to do. This contrasts with other nations where automobile ownership is a more recent phenomenon.

Same reason my wife didn't have one until age 28; where she lived she had no use for one. The need arose when she met me and we lived in a remote rural town. Plus I pushed her to have one so she was not dependent on me.

^ This pretty much. I couldn't afford a car or insurance and my parents certainly weren't going to provide me with either. I also live in a city with award winning public transit. When I rarely went somewhere, it wasn't hard to get a ride or take the bus.

As of about a year ago, I could afford a car and insurance. I had been putting off brushing up on the manual though until this summer when not having my own car changed from being an inconvenience to a major PITA. I'm now making a major push for it.

On a positive note I liked the irony of one of the Internet's biggest automotive forums being founded by a guy without a driver's license. :p

^I know I check every day to see if the "What car for Viper," thread is up yet. Obviously he should get a Hennesey Venom GT, come on, we all know he's loaded.