Ownership Verified: I was looking for a new car. Instead I got a horse...

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
My Tiguan's history.

It served its purpose, which from the beginning was just being a downpayment for something more interesting.

Currently I'm quite fed up with what's happening in the German car industry, so I decided to do my part in balancing the trans-Atlantic trade deficit and buy American.

And actually there is only one option: buying a horse. Thanks to Thomas for helping me with the proof picture here at Ringmeet:

IMG_2085.JPG

The car was ordered in October 2016 and I fetched it Tuesday. Yes, Tuesday, two days before Ringmeet. Talking about perfect timing. I'll go into the details when I'm back home but for now here's a short summary:

2017 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
Ruby Red
Premium Package 2
Silver Racing Stripes

The performance package is standard in Europe, by the way.

That'll be enough for now, more (including pics) later, when I had the chance to wash the car again after muddy Ringmeet

Well that was unexpected. :lol:

Beautiful car, Ford really nailed the styling with this generation. Still not completely sold on the 2018 restyle, I think you were wise to snag a 2017 while you could.

Love the color as well. :p

From a 122hp 1.4 to a 5.0 V8. :thumbsup:

Wow, didn't see that coming :lol:

Perfect timing indeed.

Never mind the dirt. Here are a few pics I took a moment ago

IMG_2086.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

Pretty sweet ride! Love the color and the fact that you didn't get the 2018 facelift. How you liking it so far?

Pretty sweet ride! Love the color and the fact that you didn't get the 2018 facelift. How you liking it so far?

It's awesome.

The grin on my face has been getting bigger and bigger for the past couple of days :)

The manual gearbox is clunky and very nice, like it should be when you move machine parts. It's not made to be used with two fingers, though, but I like that.

It goes like stink when you rev it but it's very calm and tame at lower revs. Sound is just right for me, I wouldn't want it to be any louder anyway, since it's my daily driver.

Really good grip with the Pirellis despite many reporting having problems with them. Fuel consumption at least as good as comparable competitors.

There are only two things that bother me a bit: the tank could be bigger and I have no idea why the filler cap is on the left side and can't be locked.

How do you like those wheels? That style never really appealed to me. My favorite design has to be these:

ford-mustang-convertible-white-wallpaper-7.jpg

Not sure what Ford calls them, but I always thought they suited the car perfectly.

I'm with you TC, those wheels are fantastic on that vert.

It's awesome.

The grin on my face has been getting bigger and bigger for the past couple of days :)

The manual gearbox is clunky and very nice, like it should be when you move machine parts. It's not made to be used with two fingers, though, but I like that.

It goes like stink when you rev it but it's very calm and tame at lower revs. Sound is just right for me, I wouldn't want it to be any louder anyway, since it's my daily driver.

Really good grip with the Pirellis despite many reporting having problems with them. Fuel consumption at least as good as comparable competitors.

There are only two things that bother me a bit: the tank could be bigger and I have no idea why the filler cap is on the left side and can't be locked.

The manual gearboxes in these are pretty sweet and not obtrusive I think. Of course I'd get louder but I can understand why you won't do it. :D

Petrol tank sizes are something that is rather annoying to me. Funny, somehow I lost a full US gallon's worth of tank size going from my 2014 to my 2016 Charger. 18.5 gallons isn't enough! LOL Better than the 12 gallon Jeep Renegade the wife has...

Make sure to take plenty of pics of your 'stang in some historically significant places in Deutschland. ;)

I was looking for a new car. Instead I got a horse...

How do you like those wheels? That style never really appealed to me. My favorite design has to be these:

ford-mustang-convertible-white-wallpaper-7.jpg

Not sure what Ford calls them, but I always thought they suited the car perfectly.

I don't want my life to be monochrome :p

And it just looks more badass with the black wheels. The pictures don't do it justice.

Last edited:
:clap: Brilliant, I expect the look on the faces of fellow Ringmeeters was priceless. Have fun with it.

I was looking for a new car. Instead I got a horse...

:clap: Brilliant, I expect the look on the faces of fellow Ringmeeters was priceless. Have fun with it.

Some were radiating envy in a way it was almost palpable :D

But they'd never admit and I won't tell any names ;)

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

Was Mitchi there? :p

Some were radiating envy in a way it was almost palpable :D

But they'd never admit and I won't tell any names ;)

Will you tell us if we guess right? Was it Thomas?

Will you tell us if we guess right? Was it Thomas?

I vote Thomas. Only because he enjoyed my Charger when he was here. So I know he'll like the 'stang.

I vote Thomas. Only because he enjoyed my Charger when he was here. So I know he'll like the 'stang.

I also know he was looking at Mustangs before getting his M5, haha.

No, I already told Thomas about it in September