Ownership Verified: I was looking for a new car. Instead I got a horse...

I also agree with that statement, frankly it's how I've bought all of mine. One day it will come crashing down and I'll have to buy a shitbox but then isn't now.

Yes, you could say I've bought my cars Frankly. :|

Here's a video I made yesterday, for those who didn't get a ride at Ringmeet and still regret it :p

Info:
5:39 = 80 km/h, 3rd gear
6:07 = 240 km/h, 5th gear
6:18 = 260 km/h, 6th gear

10:09 = 120 km/h, 5th gear
10:31 = 220 km/h, 5th gear

14:01 = 60 km/h, 3rd gear
14:06 = 120 km/h, 3rd gear

I was wondering, is your 6th gear much, much taller than the rest?

Does anyone know the final drive ratio of the Euro Mustang?

The 6th is agonisingly long. I believe the idea is to use it as a fuel saving gear. You can reach 250 km/h in 5th shortly before the rev limiter but when you shift from 5th to 6th at 240, you suddenly lose the punch. It's a bit of a bugger but then again, as you can hear in the video, the car gets really loud at that speed and it isn't actually so much fun anymore.

Acceleration and the engine roar are the fun. Going fast over a longer period is not.

As I already said above: It's not a German luxobarge you can drive at 250 with one hand at the wheel.

I read from guys who removed the top speed limiter that the car reaches 285 km/h in 6th. With a proper 6th gear it would probably come close to 300.

Last edited:
I was looking for a new car. Instead I got a horse...

I was wondering, is your 6th gear much, much taller than the rest?

Does anyone know the final drive ratio of the Euro Mustang?

The stock MT-82 gear ratios for the V8 GT:
3.66, 2.43, 1.69, 1.32, 1.00, 0.65

Euro GTs get the Performance Pack out of the box, which means an actual limited slip diff is included and 3.55 is the standard axle ratio.

Edit: Here's a good list of the differences: http://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/euro-spec-us-spec-mustang-differences

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, that overview is really cool.

Small correction, though: The Recaro seats are optional in Euro spec, too. I didn't order them, though, because they lack seat heating and cooling.

Made another drive video today. This time I used two microphone. One clipped the rear license plate and one inside the car. I switched between inside and outside.

I recommend headphones :)

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

Made another drive video today. This time I used two microphone. One clipped the rear license plate and one inside the car. I switched between inside and outside.

I recommend headphones :)

Awesome video!

How did you exactly do this setup and what all equipment did you use? I really want to do the same thing in my Charger.

as a envious person, awesome car, and the passenger seat was nice while your drove me around ringmeet.

its a sad thing these are 79 915,92eur here (without the fuck you tax, its 43 600eur) and currently way over my budget :cry:

Awesome video!

How did you exactly do this setup and what all equipment did you use? I really want to do the same thing in my Charger.

Sorry, for the late reply, I totally forgot about it.

The video feed was made with my GoPro, the Sound on the inside was recorded with my Canon EOS-700D, the sound of the exhaust was made with an external microphone for my Sony voice recorder, which I clipped to the licsense plate. The recorder itsself rested in the boot. Synchronizing the audio and video tracks and editing was made with Adobe Premiere.

Picture qualilty was then ruined by YouTube, like always.

Last edited:
Sorry, for the late reply, I totally forgot about it.

The video feed was made with my GoPro, the Sound on the inside was recorded with my Canon EOS-700D, the sound of the exhaust was made with an external microphone for my Sony voice recorder, which I clipped to the licsense plate. The recorder itsself rested in the boot. Synchronizing the audio and video tracks and editing was made with Adobe Premiere.

Picture qualilty was then ruined by YouTube, like always.

Cool thanks! Thought I had replied already but guess not.

Stop by Detroit and get a 4-year delta data point. Need to get Nabster in on this Mustang exchange program. Do we have anyone on the forum with a II (Craig, I'm looking at you to fill the void)?

I sold mine, but I used to have one. :p

On topic again, congrats on an awesome car. :)

Did an Autobahn drive to my mother's birthday today. I like this camera position, gives a good sense of the speed.

Nice to be father than the cops - or was x that the Zoll at the beginning? :D

Anyway, what's the box behind your rear view mirror? Rain and light sensors? It somehow looks more like a radar detector, but knowing you that's highly improbable.

Yeah. I wouldn't have dared to pass a cop here. Chiefly because they either do the speed limit exactly which results in getting pulled over if you pass. Or, they go double the speed limit and pull you over for speeding.

Nice to be father than the cops - or was x that the Zoll at the beginning? :D

Anyway, what's the box behind your rear view mirror? Rain and light sensors? It somehow looks more like a radar detector, but knowing you that's highly improbable.

It was Zoll, yes. Police have gone to silver/blue colour scheme, only Zoll is using green/white.

And yes, the box is the rain sensor.

Yeah. I wouldn't have dared to pass a cop here. Chiefly because they either do the speed limit exactly which results in getting pulled over if you pass. Or, they go double the speed limit and pull you over for speeding.

What speed limit? :D

Last edited:
Nice video. Certainly gave me a sense of the speed. Thanks for sharing.