Ownership Verified: I was looking for a new car. Instead I got a horse...

Damn, I can?t download the menu on my phone. :(

The menu seems to be unavailable at the moment because it's being reworked.

Nah, they have a nice breakfast buffet with the usual stuff: ham and eggs, sausages, mini meat loafs, bread, bagles, boiled eggs, all sorts of wurst, ham and cheese, jams, fruits and cereals. 14 Euros for the all you can eat, coffee or tea included. If you want, you can also have some Prosecco but that'll cost extra.

*adds place to list of "Must visit"*

Winter is coming...

I had the winter tires mounted. Around 800 Euros all in all. Now winter can come.

38450922112_b2f49deb64_o.jpg

38426719426_f67c5cd81f_o.jpg

Washing the car is currently useless, by the way. There's a new development area right outisde of my neighborhood and I have the pleasure of driving through the muddy road every day.

I was looking for a new car. Instead I got a horse...

Yeah, everyone has been anxiously awaiting that here

But there is no info yet if those parts will have the German T?V approval. Without it, the offer is practically useless.

Last edited:
It depends :nod: take exhausts - they specifically mention road-legal and track-only versions.

I'm not going for a louder exhaust. I like the sound as it is and I don't want any trouble with my neighbors when I start the engine at 6:00 in the morning or so ;-)

What I might be interested in, would be the stage 3 powerpack because it lets the engine rev up to 7,500 rpm. Currently it goes up to 6,500 before the limiter kicks in.

But that's all academic right now. And since I only financed the car for 4 years, it's much more likely I will have another car in 4 years. The stock model isn't exactly a slouch, too ;)

Last edited:
But that's all academic right now. And since I only financed the car for 4 years, it's much more likely I will have another car in 4 years. The stock model isn't exactly a slouch, too ;)

My thoughts exactly. I'm doing the same thing with my Charger R/T. Though if FCA...I mean Fiat decides to ruin the Charger with a craptastic stretched Alfa platform I'll buy this current Charger at the end of my lease in 2020 or buy a gently used something with a 392 ... or ... gasp ... a Hellcat.

Alright, it's been 5 months now and almost 5,000 km in the Mustang. Time for a little r?sum?.

I still love it.

End of r?sum?.

No, seriously, that's it in a nutshell. I still get a grin everytime I start the engine and I still catch myself thinking of reasons why I have to drive somewhere. I still turn around and look at it anytime I leave the car and I still appreciate the approving reactions I get from people very often. I love how it sounds, I love how it feels and I love the view outside over the long hood. The interior might not be the best in terms of material quality but it's a really nice place to be and there still are no rattles, fizzes or other noises. Sitting behind the wheel feels special, it's something you can't really put into words. it's like steering a car that is different from the other cars around you. Different and special are the words here.

Of course I also found some minor annoying things in the past months. Stuff that would bother me in other cars but somehow doesn't in the Mustang. Here's a list of 10 things I found that need improvement:

1. Sometimes after a rainy night, the handbrake has locked to the brake discs. It needs a bit of gas before it loosens with a slight "clank". According to other Mustang owners, that is completely normal.

2. When I drive with a thick jacket on or my mobile phone in my pants pocket, it pushes up the handbrake lever a bit. Sometimes that triggers the alarm and the respective bonging sound in the dashboard.

3. The gearbox makes noises. Not loud noises but mechanical noises. Sometimes it's a little "clunk", sometimes a slight whirring and sometimes a low grinding noise. According to other Mustang owners and Ford themselves, that is completely normal. Personally I like the thought that the gearbox shows its mechanical nature and that it feels like a machine part but others might argue that manual gearboxes of the 21st century shouldn't make such noises.

4. When you set the car to "Wet & snow" or "Sport+", it forgets it again when you turned off the engine. You always have to check your settings before you set off, especially on snow and ice in the winter. Otherwise it resets everything to "normal".

5. The turning circle is appalling.

6. When you have the engine running or the ignition still on and leave the car with the key in your pocket, it honks twice, making you look like an idiot.

7. The sensors in the door handle react to warm water when you wash the car. So it keeps locking and unlocking all the time.

8. There is no display when the window washer tank is empty. Even my Golf IV from 1999 had that feature.

9. Sometimes for no reason the SYNC3 system has glitches, like changing the audio source on its own or muting the parking sensors from a loud BEEP in the speakers to a meek beep somewhere down in the depths of the dashboard. I found no pattern yet, so I can't say what triggers it. I only know that after turning the engine off and on again, everything is fine again.

10. The fuel tank is definitely too small.

No idea if these issues still exist with the 2018 facelift model but it would be interesting to know if they have been addressed.

Last edited:
Fuel tank has always been too small i believe. Best I can get is 270mi from full to 1/4 tank.

also, the only car I?ve driven that?s had a washer fluid warning was my sister?s ?01 Jeep Cherokee. My current Jeep Patriot, mustang, and wagon do not have this ability. That has to be one of the most crucial items especially in the winter where you have a ton of salty spray that makes driving dangerous if you have no washer fluid.

My 92 Roadmaster had a low washer fluid warning on it.

I never owned a car wish a washer fluid warning and the last two cars I bought were brand new (2011 and 2013 respectively).
:lol:

You cannot miss what you never had ;-)

MacGuffin;n3544579 said:
1. Sometimes after a rainy night, the handbrake has locked to the brake discs. It needs a bit of gas before it loosens with a slight "clank". According to other Mustang owners, that is completely normal.

3. The gearbox makes noises. Not loud noises but mechanical noises. Sometimes it's a little "clunk", sometimes a slight whirring and sometimes a low grinding noise. According to other Mustang owners and Ford themselves, that is completely normal. Personally I like the thought that the gearbox shows its mechanical nature and that it feels like a machine part but others might argue that manual gearboxes of the 21st century shouldn't make such noises.

5. The turning circle is appalling.

9. Sometimes for no reason the SYNC3 system has glitches, like changing the audio source on its own or muting the parking sensors from a loud BEEP in the speakers to a meek beep somewhere down in the depths of the dashboard. I found no pattern yet, so I can't say what triggers it. I only know that after turning the engine off and on again, everything is fine again.

10. The fuel tank is definitely too small.

My car also has the sticky handbrake. I thought with redesigned rear suspension they would change that too..

The gearbox noise on mine is actually mostly drive shaft related. at least the S197s have 2 piece drive shafts with plenty of slop in them. The MT82 is also famoulsy not the greatest manual in the world, but it has the same "it wants to be manhandled" feel. Not very refined, but still fun

Never noticed the turning circle as an issue, but I haven't driven mine much in Germany...

SYNC works perfectly for me. Did you check if online updates are available for yours? Made a huge difference for me!

Fuel tank is a joke... My bike has more usable range than the Mustang :D

MacGuffin;n3544603 said:
You cannot miss what you never had ;-)

Like power and torque? :p :lol:

If you think the turning circle is bad, drive an S10 blazer. Holy crap....

MacGuffin;n3544579 said:
6. When you have the engine running or the ignition still on and leave the car with the key in your pocket, it honks twice, making you look like an idiot.

7. The sensors in the door handle react to warm water when you wash the car. So it keeps locking and unlocking all the time.

When you get out of the car while it's running hold the key fob up next to the window glass. I get better results near the rear- say between the door glass and rear quarter glass. No honking this way since it sort of tricks the car into thinking the keys are still inside when you shut the door. You can even lock the doors by touching the handle afterward this way.

And for the car wash thing, yes it's annoying too. You can leave the key fob inside the car and it stops doing it.

It's hard to capture the Ruby Red as it looks in reality but this is coming close.

40078890871_8fef240f25_o.jpg