Icetrack(less) meet 2016 13.-14.2.2016

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
I'll start the ball rolling again, hopefully we get a winter this year. :)

I have mentioned some tentative ideas and dates in our whatsapp group at least, but with Alpine meet plans going like they are, that leaves the weekend on the title if I'm going to make it to the meet. There have been two basic plans. Stay at my place again (cheaper), or if weather looks iffy, as in too warm we could drive a bit further north. But for now, have a place holder for conversation.. :p

Colour me interested :)

Me too. Will probably fly in this year....

I'm interested, but same as with the Alpine Meet thing, I can't really plan for February right now :(

I'm Interested, but it all depends on the financial situation at that point. February is too far away to say for sure.

I would also suggest a more northern location to improve the chance of getting snow and ice. It's snowing at this moment, too :p

Sure. But it's not like the final location needs to be settled that far in advance. We have a date, rest are just details.. :p

And far from snowing here..

Yay, it's possible our E30 is running before that! :p

It's going to happen, hopefully at that weekend. I'd vote for northern location, even if we have snow at the moment in the South.

I've to do few repairs to prepare the Porsche for action :)

I need to figure out why DX doesn't like long drives as well.. But yeah, something a bit further north will happen. I'll ask if we could use the Yl?mylly track we went to couple years ago..

Daboom, you could use train to ship DX to north

So what's the status? I'd like to book a flight soon in case something happens. Ideally one like this:

Friday 18:50 Helsinki in
Sunday 19:35 Helsinki out

If it's cheaper to come earlier I can keep you sorta entertained

If it's cheaper to come earlier I can keep you sorta entertainedafraid.

Made a poll again, to get some kind of idea how many people are joining in and when. And as far as the plan.. The weather at the moment at least would seem to allow a retry of last years plan. Simply put, for people who have time on Friday, visit on an ice track on the way to my place. Having the meet HQ here, one or two tracks in near vicinity here, before disbanding again. But this time I found some options further north as well, if needed..

Anyway, some polling, if you would be so kind; http://doodle.com/poll/ucsmmzhft9mv98w3

I am very, very interested in this, but cannot promise anything ATM. Sorry, I know what a pain it is to organize something like for people who "might come"

So what's the status? I'd like to book a flight soon in case something happens. Ideally one like this:

Friday 18:50 Helsinki in
Sunday 19:35 Helsinki out

Booked. Looks like I am the only non-Finn around :D