Icetrack meet 2018. Time to ditch Lapland

nicjasno

BMW Perfectionist
DONOR
Car(s)
'89 BMW E30 325iT, '95 BMW E36 318ti compact
Plane tickets acquired. 2 slovenians arriving wednesday evening (24th of january) in helsinki.

loose_unit

DONOR
Car(s)
Zastava, MX-5, M140i, Pluriel, Equus
Can you please change my status to highly unlikely to attend. Unfortunately I cannot really get the time off for this at that time - There is an extremely important project that is ending around then with a fixed date that cannot be changed so I need to make sure I get that done.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
Guys, I am desperately looking for a co-driver to get Lucille to Finnmeet. Any takers?

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
Dr_Grip;n3542508 said:
Guys, I am desperately looking for a co-driver to get Lucille to Finnmeet. Any takers?
Fuck I'd love to, but I doubt I'll get all those days off just with overtime.. assuming I need multiple days for the whole deal, not having read when it is even happening ;).

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
DONOR
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
thomas;n3542716 said:
Fuck I'd love to, but I doubt I'll get all those days off just with overtime.. assuming I need multiple days for the whole deal, not having read when it is even happening ;).
Wednesday afternoon to Monday evening has been the initial plan/idea for him.

Last edited:

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
So I'd need 4 days off total, or 32hrs of overtime. Which I have. But again, knowing my company, I'm 97% sure that would be impossible to get approved.

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
Well, company policy is that you're not supposed to take overtime in full days but rather go home earlier where possible etc. I have to fight for single days occasionally, like 2 per year. It'd have to be super slow at work and nobody sick and everything beyond just "good" to be even reasonable to ask. And all of that won't be remotely clear until best case scenario a week or so ahead of time. So not exactly the ideal planning scenario for Grip, or anyone ;)

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
DONOR
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
Yeah, seemed to take them few months to get that reservation through, it seems. :p I wonder how long the delay is with schedule correction.. :D

public

Has been known to shou emousshiöns
DONOR
Car(s)
205–405–MX5–Polo–Daimler
To support the German faction and to bring over cheap beer, I'm flying to Berlin on Tuesday evening and joining the Lucille crew.

Polkky

Car(s)
Eunos Roadster 1991, Renault Clio 2014
The Volvo 240 has been road tested during two +300 km trips, so it'll probably also stay intact for the Pudasjärvi tour. There's R.A, me and a non-FG friend of ours, we're leaving the main city area either on Thrusday evening (sleeping somewhere on the way) or Friday morning and arriving at Pudasjärvi sometime during Friday evening.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
I'm already in Lapland, waiting for DaBoom to pick me up, then we'll get rental equipment for me and hit the slopes. :) See you next week. :)

R.A.

Car(s)
Toyota Supra MKIV TT 6spd 1994
Polkky;n3543639 said:
The Volvo 240 has been road tested during two +300 km trips, so it'll probably also stay intact for the Pudasjärvi tour.
Yeah, on first trip alternator ran out of life (fitted new voltage regulator and now there?s a spare one in glove box) and after second one realised that there?s no brake pads left in front, right front wheel bearing was shit and left front control arm rear bushing was done. Fixed those all, we shall see what happens on this trip :D

MXM

I paid for this title
DONOR
^ Intentionally left blank? Or is the forum being buggy?

R.A.

Car(s)
Toyota Supra MKIV TT 6spd 1994
Err, there was text yesterday, no idea where it has disappeared now...