Icetrack meet 2018. Time to ditch Lapland

Sounds very tempting trip, but I cannot say yes or no this early. I'm from Helsinki so trip planning happens in minutes not days... Let's see when it is about time and someone who booked cancelled. Maybe I can then say yes or no... It is not easy to make decisions like this.

So I've made a decision and booked flights.

Arrival via FinnAir AY1392 DUS - HEL on Wednesday Jan. 24th at 15:10h.
Departure via FinnAir AY1391 HEL - DUS on Tuesday Jan. 30th at 07:40h.

MXM is so kind to provide shelter for the nights to Thursday and Tuesday and a seat for the drive up to the meet. Thank you. :)

I'll make similar arangements.

BTW, my current plan is to drive from Cologne via Denmark and Sweden to Winland in $car. Not sure which yet, but anyway if anyone would like to join for a nice return trip you would be most welcome!

The Eastern route is also an option, it would be more driving but skip the 11h ferry between Sweden and Finland.

Take the night ferry between Sweden and Finland. You have to sleep sometime and you might as well be moving while you do so.

Take the night ferry between Sweden and Finland. You have to sleep sometime and you might as well be moving while you do so.

24 hours driving is not so problematic, when I did it last time we were delayed by about 8 hours over the 24 by 4drian who got stuck in Germany with Ronja and some leaking something. We needed a sleep of about 1-2 hours at a cemetery in Lithuania before continuing.

Well, you can sleep during the day as well. :p And day ferries can be less than third the price of a night ferry.

Well, you can sleep during the day as well. And day ferries can be less than third the price of a night ferry.
I personally have problems with sleeping during the day. The price difference might make it worth it though to take the day ferry.

Most of my trips to Finland have been for work. Then I don't pay it myself.

I just booked flights as well:

HAM - HEL on January 19th, arriving at 22:05h, HEL - KIT on January 20th, departing at 10:10h and arriving at 11:40h
OUL - HAM on January 29th, departing at 15:50h

I'll go skiing with DaBoom for the 5 1/2 days in Levi between January 20th and 25th. :)

You have a good snow toy already...

Happy now? :lol:

I'm definitely not going to drive the Eunos across Finland during the winter.

Happy now? :lol:

I'm definitely not going to drive the Eunos across Finland during the winter.

no need to drive, just use the cartrain D:

I?m into this one! Just need to switch daily driver Borat now to a proper 4wd.