Idiots + cars = LOL

I am thinking she hit it with some good speed to ramp over the block, and continue on before hitting the brakes. It was gone when I got out of class 4 hours later.

I have to be quiet about this, since I ripped my front spoiler off at one time, when I parked in front of a high curb :whistle:

I managed to rub the front lip on a curb the first time I ever drove a car in a parking lot. I switched places with my dad so he could demonstrate how to do it properly. *crunch* He will never hear the end of it :lol:

Still.... the whole car up over the curb and through a fence.... then just leaving it there? There doesn't seem to have been any significant damage, she could have just driven away.....

I have to be quiet about this, since I ripped my front spoiler off at one time, when I parked in front of a high curb :whistle:
That's just an honest miscalculation but to jump the barrier THAT much gotta be going at least 25...

I have always wanted to try to ram a car through something... be it a fench or a berrier.... I'm jelous.

Also, @ the Landrover rolling: That was a poorly designed truck for doing hillclimbs. It was clearly a mud truck, but just because you have a 4x4 doesn't mean you can do everything.

For climbs like that a longer wheelbase wins out over short and stubby.

Although for a boulder field you'll be wanted a short wheelbase and big tires.

Police in Springfield, Mass., arrested Luis Correa, 19, after street racing his Mitsubishi Eclipse. When the local newspaper wrote up the arrest, Correa took to its website to talk some smack about his racing skills and a reporter.

Even though his incident warranted only a brief on the website of The Republican last weekend, Correa jumped in to defend his honor after it ran. Using an Eclipse engine code for a username, Correa corrected the spelling of his name in the story and clarified that his Eclipse beat the "p.o.s." Honda it had faced off against (similar to the "race" captured above.)

When reporter Greg Saulmon apologized to Correa for the mispelling, the taunts got personal:

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/10/01/luis2.jpg

Correa also challenged forum members who questioned his own racing skills. Despite a Massachusetts law allowing the state to force owners caught street racing into forfeiture, Correa didn't seem troubled by the potential loss of his Eclipse:

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/10/01/luis1.jpg

Saulmon suggested to Correa he could do a story on the economics of street racing. We have a feeling Correa has some legal concerns that might impact those earnings.

All the comments here - http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/09/springfield_police_charge_19-y_3/865/comments.html

Last edited:
Way to publicly admit guilt, dumbass.

It's completeley new to me, that you need driving skills to do drag races...

At least when you take into account, what I consider "driving".

Drag racing ain't as easy as it looks. I would now post a video of a car leaving the line in reverse but that would just show a stupid person being stupid.

Well, yes, you need a certain skill in moving your feet and hands together with the right timing. I don't know what to call it, except good hand/feet timing.

But the term "driving skills" means something different to me. Something like this for example:

Or this:

Last edited:
Most of the skill involved in drag racing comes in when shit goes wrong. I have seen more than one fool loose it off the line and nearly take out the stands. While those you have posted are miles more advanced than most drag racers, it doesn't mean that drag racing is for those that can mearly change gears quickly.

Most of the skill involved in drag racing comes in when shit goes wrong. I have seen more than one fool loose it off the line and nearly take out the stands. While those you have posted are miles more advanced than most drag racers, it doesn't mean that drag racing is for those that can mearly change gears quickly.

Agreed, but driving a car in a track that has curves takes much more skill.

/Captain Obvious

It's not that I'm saying that every idiot can do drag racing (obviously that's wrong). But whenever I read about a 19-year-old teenager, who races his school buddies in a pimped-up rice cooker and gets caught by the police, talking about his "driving skills", I wanna bang my head against a wall.

Last edited:
It's not that I'm saying that every idiot can do drag racing (obviously that's wrong). But whenever I read about a 19-year-old teenager, who races his school buddies in a pimped-up rice cooker and gets caught by the police, talking about his "driving skills", I wanna bang my head against a wall.

There is a big difference between Drag racing a prostreet car/full on drag car and some douche in a civic racing on the street.

Drag Racing is almost more about constant tuning and setup of the car, although the driver does come into play.

I don't think drag racing is any lesser a form of racing than track racing, it's just different. You could probably even argue it's a "purer" form of racing.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't really like drag racing all that much.

http://gizmodo.com/5654044/this-is-what-happens-when-the-gps-is-wrong

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2010/10/04/500x_article-1315762-0b61ecc6000005dc-425_634x765.jpg
Robert Ziegler was doing what most people would do, driving his car and following the instructions of his GPS. The only problem? His GPS led him to a road where he couldn't get out.

Ziegler kept hoping that he'd be brought back to the main road but the GPS kept saying to go forward. It wasn't until he couldn't go forward or turn back around, did he realize the diddily he got himself in. Stuck on top of a mountain, he called for help and got flown out via helicopter (the car too!). A fireman likened the road Ziegler got stuck on as a "glorified goat track".

It speaks to our growing dependence on gadgets that make life super easy like GPS. GPS is absolutely lovely but as Ziegler now knows, we shouldn't blindly follow instructions. Sometimes, we gots to use our noodle

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2010/10/04/500x__driver_robert_ziegler_found_himself_stranded_on_a__glorified_goat_track__in_bergun__switzerland.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/5655527/man-drowns-after-gps-guides-him-into-a-lake

Another car accident caused by a GPS in 24 hours. In this case, the device guided two men into a rural road that ended abruptly, causing the car to drop into an artificial lake, killing one of them.

According to Spanish newspaper El Mundo, a 37-yo Senegalese man died when his car fell into a lake near the town of Capilla, Badajoz. According to his companion?who survived the accident?the driver was following the GPS directions when the car fell into the water, sinking in just a few minutes.
Apparently, it was a very dark night in a bad rural road. The man was a foreigner who didn't know the area. When he saw the end of the road, it was too late. He didn't have time to stop the car. Perhaps he was going too fast, perhaps it was a sudden turn into the cliff. Whatever it was, I have traveled through these roads and I know how treacherous and bad they are. I'm not surprised that a foreigner fell into such an apparently obvious?but not really?trap.

Don't people check ahead of the trip where the road is going???

No. People are stupid.

Don't people check ahead of the trip where the road is going???

it's all part of the adventure!

if you're on the road a lot, and suddenly your gps tell you to leave the highway, it's a YAY-feeling, and you do everything it tells you :)