Idiots + cars = LOL

Seeing the way that ferry is moving around I'm not sure I'd want to be on it at all, never mind damaging the underside of my car to get on it.

Aside from not landing there's not much you can do about that ferry situation, except build a breakwater, which you can't because for Gods sake Jim you're a ship captain not a pool man and your country is bankrupt anyway.

Aside from not landing there's not much you can do about that ferry situation, except build a breakwater, which you can't because for Gods sake Jim you're a ship captain not a pool man and your country is bankrupt anyway.

Untrue, all the ferrys here have a hydraulic/weighted bracket looking thing that basically pushes on the landing ramp and keeps it from moving.

For Gods sake Jim I'm not a ferry technician! :p

I still wonder if that amount of sea could be countered by a hydraulic/weighted bracket looking thing, I mean the whole ~8000 ton ferry heaves probably a meter at 0:18.

Last edited:

A longer dock plate/ramp?

Navy sailor killed in San Diego road rage incident

The family of a career Navy sailor killed last week in an alleged road rage incident in San Diego was reeling Monday from their loss as his alleged killer was charged with murder.

?It?s just a huge loss to the country, to his family, to his friends,? said Kathy Cramer, the mother of one of U.S. Navy chief petty officer Zachary Buob's friends.

Police say Darla Jackson, 24, of Imperial City, ran Buob down, knocked him off his motorcycle and then drove over him Thursday during rush hour. Buob, 39, of Santee, died hours later at a local hospital.

The pair got into an argument as both drove on I-5 in Chula Vista, Fox 5 said. California Highway Patrol said Jackson, driving a black Nissan Altima, rammed Buob?s red Ducati from behind on a highway filled with rush-hour traffic, and then ran him over. She was charged Friday with murder.

Buob, 39, was assigned to the Naval Special Warfare Command, and had been in the Navy for approximately 20 years.

Jackson was booked into jail and is being held without bail pending an arraignment on June 2. The station spoke to Jackson?s mother, who said her daughter had been wrongly accused.

The woman said her daughter, the mother of a 3-year-old, was the victim because the motorcyclist was driving erratically.

?The motorcycle was trying to cut through some cars and for whatever reason he kicked the side of my daughter?s car,? the woman said. She said her daughter took off after the motorcycle to get the driver to pull over.

?She went on to follow him trying to get information for the insurance and what have you,? said Margie.

William Touch, a witness who recorded a video of the car and motorcycle moments before the crash, gave a different account of the incident.

Touch told NBC 7 that he witnessed the vehicle "sideswiping" the motorcycle three times.

Video at link:
Video Shows Road Rage Vehicles Moments Before Crash

Edit: The laugh here is not in the murder of a motorcyclist but in the sheer stupidity of the driver's/mother's claims when there's video and witnesses.

Last edited:
Accident my ass. She's scared and her mom is trying to protect her.

I have not seen this posted yet, IMO nothing wrong with what the biker said. Put your phone down and drive you car.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/driver-runs-motorcyclist-yells-stop-205458513.html
There's nothing wrong with what the biker said, but he was a total idiot for starting something over nothing. I hate texters too, but stationary at a red light? Dude, just let it go/leave him be.

Having said all of that, the driver is a complete ass for what did next, and he deserves to pay dearly. The biker, however, should consider curbing his holier than thou attitude the next time he sees something that really isn't a big deal.

Now, if the driver was texting while the car was moving....

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with what the biker said, but he was a total idiot for starting something over nothing. I hate texters too, but stationary at a red light? Dude, just let it go/leave him be.

Having said all of that, the driver is a complete ass for what did next, and he deserves to pay dearly. The biker, however, should consider curbing his holier than thou attitude the next time he sees something that really isn't a big deal.

Now, if the driver was texting while the car was moving....
To me it sounded like the biker kept revving his engine at the BMW after the light, which just escalated the situation. I think they're both idiots, with the BMW being the worse of the two.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too.
If the driver was texting while driving, he deserved the earful from the biker. Otherwise, no.
Either way, crashing into the biker was stupid, no matter what.

Idiots + cars = LOL

It is illegal in CA (where the story is from) for the driver to text while operating a vehicle - even when the car is stationary.

It is even illegal there for a driver to hold the phone to their ear to make a call - even when stationary.

Last edited:
If a driver is texting at a red light what's to say they won't finish that text while moving after the light changes? Unless you're parked safely, no texting. Period. Just remove that temptation altogether.

You're not wrong but, give people the benefit of a doubt.