Idiots + cars = LOL

You're not wrong but, give people the benefit of a doubt.

While the biker's conduct wasn't terribly smart, he was correct - the car driver was breaking state law where this took place. Please notice the first video below, where a texting driver who was stopped didn't even notice the police standing there watching them and then walking up to their car.

In this second video, well... all I can say is watch how distracted they are.

The reporter who films this stuff has literally dozens and dozens and dozens of videos chronicling how inobservant drivers are when texting, even when stopped.

Last edited:
Whenever I read the phrase "lost control of his/her car for no apparent reasons", the first thought coming to my mind is "mobile phone". Chances are extremely high I am right almost everytime...

Personally I handle it like this: When I am behind the wheel, my phone is off (it has an off button, you know ;)) and whoever wants to reach me, simply has to wait until I am stationary or arrived at my destination. Emergency calls? Nope, I'm neither a medic nor a fireman and I don't repair elevators. So there is really no emergency I can think off that could make me answer my phone while I'm driving.

And while we're at it: I'm getting annoyed by all things destracting me from driving. My cousin and her husband are constant talkers... about anything frankly. It's like a machine that keeps on running even with the plug pulled off. Most of the stuff I don't even want to hear about. And she has the nasty habit of loud yawning all of a sudden and I swear she can make it sound like screeching tyres. I once snapped at her for that and she was a little upset afterwards but I didn't care. I am all for passengers who keep me company and I've got nothing against a relaxed talk but commenting on each and every number plate of the cars we pass, is not what I consider pleasant.

Last edited:
If a driver is texting at a red light what's to say they won't finish that text while moving after the light changes? Unless you're parked safely, no texting. Period. Just remove that temptation altogether.

Funnily enough it's perfectly legal to use your phone while stationary here, whether a red light or parked doesn't matter if the car ain't moving you are fine.

It's illegal to hold a phone and use it while operating a vehicle here. With motorized vehicles, that means you have to stand still and turn the engine off to use a phone legally (and hold it to tldo that). Curious consequence: Someone actually won a court case on the grounds that the engine of the car was turned off automatically while waiting at a red light.

It's illegal to hold a phone and use it while operating a vehicle here. With motorized vehicles, that means you have to stand still and turn the engine off to use a phone legally (and hold it to tldo that). Curious consequence: Someone actually won a court case on the grounds that the engine of the car was turned off automatically while waiting at a red light.
Does a stop/start system count? :p

Did you read the second half of his post? You know, the one you quoted? :p

Nope.

20 Cars damaged in Audi Milton Keynes showroom collapse
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-32967568
CGbWoJQUAAAYdv_.jpg

milton keynes he?
has red bull got anything to do with it? :p

In the light of rumours that Audi might be getting into F1? Oddly coincidental indeed!

I text at red lights sometimes but I also pay attention and put the phone away before my light even turns green. I can always finish that text later.

Pretty much this, not hard to pay attention to the light. Though I usually have the phone mounted on the windshield and don't take it off to text. So it's a matter of just stopping the text and driving instead.

Keeping an F-1 AND Le-Mans teams at the same time? Do they have that much money? :-o

if you're succesfull, a raceteam actually makes money ;)

but probably not...there have been rumours for years now that some VAG brand might enter F1, but nothing ever came from it
now recently red bull all but offered their team for sale to audi, who kindly refused for the time being

Followup to the 'precious little snowflake' that ran over the biker who is now claiming utter innocence despite video and witnesses against her.

Road Rage Suspect Told Ex She?d Run Him Over: Docs

A San Diego woman accused of intentionally running over a motorcyclist in a deadly act of road rage allegedly once told an ex she was going to run him over with her car, according to a restraining order filed against her.

She's apparently used the "he kicked my car" excuse before as well.

?As I was getting out, the Respondent [Jackson] put the car in the wrong gear causing the car to make a thud sound. The Respondent accused me of kicking her car. I told the Respondent, ?I did not kick your car.? I began to talk away and the Respondent told me, ?I?m going to run your b**cha** over with my car,? the document reads.

Lots more at the link. Classic psychob***h behavior.

As most of us surely know, many drivers have problems with something called "observing the right of way". My personal experience is that young women in small cars are particularly susceptible for that (no offense).

This 18-year-old woman in her small Toyota managed to overlook a whole convoy of British tanks while making a left-turn. She remained unharmed but her car is dead.

url

18-jaehrige-Fahrerin-bleibt-unverletzt-Panzer-ueberrollt-Auto_image_630_420f_wn.jpg

So maybe women can't multitask after all? :D

That must have been terrifying.
Also, lucky.

Seeing this makes me angry... what an idiot. Probably a BMW owned car...

Quote J.v.H., the passenger of the camera car:

Hi all, I wanted to clear up some thing because it's my video and I was passenger in the car. I can assure you absolutely nothing took place before we went on the track, we didn't see these cars all day. We did a warm-up from Breidscheid and these guys just happened to drive together at the same time through the gates. What you can't see from the clip is that the other car 1M, or 135i (whichever it is) is pushing us from behind, so they are locking us in together. The 1M passes us on the right and the only way to go and get out of the way was to overtake the M4 on the right. Then I asked my friend to let the M4 pass and let them go because they are crazy so he does and the M4 tries to stop us then. Afterwards we went to talk with him and the only reason he gave us was: I was overtaking first, get the f*ck out of my way because I am a faster driver and I drive here every weekend. Use your mirrors. I must say that all of us were pretty angry at the time so maybe that's why there was no reasoning with him. He found this behaviour 100% acceptable and will do it to other persons as well I believe. So beware of this car!

Seeing this makes me angry... what an idiot. Probably a BMW owned car...

Quote J.v.H., the passenger of the camera car:

Hi all, I wanted to clear up some thing because it's my video and I was passenger in the car. I can assure you absolutely nothing took place before we went on the track, we didn't see these cars all day. We did a warm-up from Breidscheid and these guys just happened to drive together at the same time through the gates. What you can't see from the clip is that the other car 1M, or 135i (whichever it is) is pushing us from behind, so they are locking us in together. The 1M passes us on the right and the only way to go and get out of the way was to overtake the M4 on the right. Then I asked my friend to let the M4 pass and let them go because they are crazy so he does and the M4 tries to stop us then. Afterwards we went to talk with him and the only reason he gave us was: I was overtaking first, get the f*ck out of my way because I am a faster driver and I drive here every weekend. Use your mirrors. I must say that all of us were pretty angry at the time so maybe that's why there was no reasoning with him. He found this behaviour 100% acceptable and will do it to other persons as well I believe. So beware of this car!

And he wasn't baninated from the track? But the guy who went around ONE car on the right was?