Idiots + cars = LOL

I'm not sayin; they can't, it's that they woun't what bugs me. Like "bleedin to death in agony? Tuff luck man, get a horse.."

You have to be stone cold sober to try a confined space landing and pull it off with a good chance of success. Lots of Russian pilots aren't sober when they fly, according to some ex-pat Russians of my acquaintance.

Even if you're sober, a lot of Russian helis aren't stable enough in the hover to routinely pull it off. The Kamov types with the contra-rotating main rotors are pretty good and have excellent hover performance, but the Mi-8 and descendants generally don't, that long thin tail boom flexes too much (among other things). In fact, with their full rated loads aboard (as impressive as they are) or even just running heavy a lot of Russian choppers actually *can't* hover out of ground effect, they just slowly sink out of the sky. They need room to get some forward motion on for translational lift to actually fly out of ground effect. Russian helis also lack certain instrumentation that's important - like a torque indicator/torquemeter. I don't know why they don't put them in but they don't.

Bottom line is that with the craft they have and the pilots they have, it's likely not a bad idea that they're kept from trying confined space landings and takeoffs.

Really?!?

I live on the other side of the planet and even here the Greeks and the Macedonians hate each other.
Me too :lol: Mind you, we do live in Wollongong so we probably have more Macedonians and Greeks in close proximity to one another than the border between the two countries.

Hope the 4 yr old and the driver are ok.

CLA-bqhWoAAOxRw.jpg

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ester-news/four-year-old-hurt-classic-9745468

Same here.

Loving the reporting inaccuracies though. Describe the car as a "write off" then claiming it can be restored. It's either one or the other, not both.

Loving the reporting inaccuracies though. Describe the car as a "write off" then claiming it can be restored. It's either one or the other, not both.
Why not? It is quite common here that insurance companies write off a car after an accident, and then sell it to someone who can repair and re-register it.

Why not? It is quite common here that insurance companies write off a car after an accident, and then sell it to someone who can repair and re-register it.

Sure that happens but I was referring to this specific case. That Aston may be badly bent but I can't see the cost of repair being anything close to its estimated ?1m value.

1 million pounds? Yes it can be restored. It could be rebuilt, for that amount of money.

Watch your back when pumping gas!!!!! :blink:

( Portland ?)

It's not a Robin, it's a Regal. There was never a van variant of the Robin.

I already had to email the hack at the Telegraph and bitchslap her for calling it a "Robin Reliant" as well as pointing out the model error - article got amended but of course no word of thanks and she still called it a Robin. .

So stupid in so many ways. With a hint of funniness.

It's not a Robin, it's a Regal. There was never a van variant of the Robin.

I already had to email the hack at the Telegraph and bitchslap her for calling it a "Robin Reliant" as well as pointing out the model error - article got amended but of course no word of thanks and she still called it a Robin. .

Did you also show her the L for loser? :D

No I kept it polite and professional. Second time in three months I've had to email some hack at the Dreadnought to point out a vehicular inaccuracy.

Last time was when one of their motoring "journalists" described the new MX-5 as the "third generation of the iconic roadster". Needless to say the article was hastily amended without a word of thanks.

Tossers.

In their shoes I would be polite enough to acknowledge and offer a hint of gratitude. It's called "common courtesy" which, sadly like "common sens" isn't actually all that common.