Idiots + cars = LOL

Wow, talk about dangerous...

Isn't that what happens when the quadrasteer on one of those trucks breaks?

Isn't that what happens when the quadrasteer on one of those trucks breaks?

Yup. There's reasons why GM stopped offering it after 2005. Low take rate combined with increasing warranty costs made GM run away screaming into the darkness despite them having almost completed the development of Quadrasteer 3 for the GMT900.

Last edited:
You guys ever notice how every Ford E-series van on the planet dog tracks a few degrees? AFAIK they weren't designed to do it, they just do.

You guys ever notice how every Ford E-series van on the planet dog tracks a few degrees? AFAIK they weren't designed to do it, they just do.

They don't around here. Maybe a Pennsylvania-area thing?

That said, the E-series is notoriously annoying to align and can be difficult to get right. It has the worst version of the Ford twin I beam suspension, which is twitchy enough to align in the parent truck platforms.

I don't think that truck is a 4 wheel steer truck, lacks the bulge on the bed side and the associated marker lights. Plus the bed side looks like it's damaged from the tire hitting it. I'll bet it's sheared a leaf spring center pin. What a total idiot...

This.

I'd love to have a guy say that to me just so I can talk to him like a toddler. "Yes, we all know it's a *insert douche's car here*."

I don't think that truck is a 4 wheel steer truck, lacks the bulge on the bed side and the associated marker lights. Plus the bed side looks like it's damaged from the tire hitting it. I'll bet it's sheared a leaf spring center pin. What a total idiot...

But it makes for awesome straight line drifting and everybody be like "look at that car!"

Unfortunately, the Oakland "sideshow" stupidity has made it to Dallas. Hope DPD and other agencies shut this down faster than the Ride Of The Century morons.

This is down near one of the junkyards I often go to. In fact, you more or less have to go through this intersection to get there. Yeaaaaah, any question as to why I make damn sure I'm armed when I go there?

Last edited:
^ That is fucking unacceptable behavior. Hopefully these low life thugs will get a visit from Mr. Karma. I bet half or more of these people have warrants and or are convicted felons.

Idiots + cars = LOL

Are they really understaffed or do they just not like going to the sketchy areas like Chicago police?

Are they really understaffed or do they just not like going to the sketchy areas like Chicago police?

They're actually understaffed right now. Major leadership (both police brass and city council) issues combined with low pay had lead to a recent officer exodus to better lead, better paying suburbs/neighboring cities - but it's gotten a *lot* worse due to recent revelations over some severe pension fund mismanagement. Lots of experienced cops are fed up and leaving.

The Black Lives Matter inspired massacre of officers downtown last year didn't help either. It didn't scare officers from doing their jobs or from going into harms' way (as a recent incident showed), but it made a lot of officers decide that the shit and past lack of support they were getting from City Hall and the upper echelons really wasn't worth the crap pay and what was left of their pension.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention: There was recently an incident of an armed burglary that took the cops more than two hours to respond to. The entire time, the security guard was holding the perpetrators at gunpoint.

Minutes and seconds count when you're fighting crime.

A Dallas security guard was left unnerved Friday because he waited more than two hours for police to respond after he nabbed two armed crooks burglarizing a van at Artisan Ridge Apartments on Preakness Lane in Southwest Dallas.

?I?m steadily calling Dallas saying, ?Hey, can I get an officer out here. I got two at gunpoint,'? says the guard, who asked that he not be named to protect his safety.

Ultimately, the security guard had to let the suspects go because of the length of time it took for police to respond. He took the bullets out of their guns and returned the weapons to them.

Sooo... anyone have any questions as to why I'm carrying my way more reloads for my pistol than I normally do? The cops aren't coming and I fully expect to see this get way worse before it gets better.

Well, you have to train officers which I imagine takes a few months to half a year.

Well, you have to train officers which I imagine takes a few months to half a year.

Except they have few trainees. Few people are joining Dallas PD at the moment. Starting salary for a rookie in Dallas is about $38K or so IIRC, and after the debacle with the pension fund management, no guarantee of pension if injured on the job or reaching retirement. Go up the road 20 minutes to the suburb of Plano and a rookie cop starts at $54k or so and has a very good pension, reasonable competent leadership, modern gear and less political stupidity.

Keep in mind that Texas requires all new police officers to have at a minimum an associates degree in criminal justice or similar before you can even think of entering a police academy.

dnBP5jR.jpg