Idiots + cars = LOL

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"402","width":"460","src":"https:\/\/i.imgflip.com\/lg2y0.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Blind_Io;n3551969 said:
TL;DW - also I'm at work so videos are a bit difficult.

What's the short answer?

I made the mistake of watching that speech and I am now more confused than ever. I went back and tried to make sense through the first video, and did some other research that left with it is indeed the President's fight against the drug trade. In his speech me makes mention of the government needing money though, and it seem to me that these vehicles were worth a lot of money if seized and sold at auction. So this is the third crushing this year, and there was at least one last year. Such an expensive publicity stunt that does nothing for anyone.

If you have an idealistic government battling the drug trade then selling those cars off could be seen as a form of profiteering on the back of the very people they are trying to put out of business and therefore hypocrisy. I'm not saying I agree with it - hell I'd sell the cars off and put the money directly into rehabs programs or social welfare of some kind - I'm simply offering an explanations for the government's rationale.

MWF;n3552004 said:
If you have an idealistic government battling the drug trade then selling those cars off could be seen as a form of profiteering on the back of the very people they are trying to put out of business and therefore hypocrisy. I'm not saying I agree with it - hell I'd sell the cars off and put the money directly into rehabs programs or social welfare of some kind - I'm simply offering an explanations for the government's rationale.

Or what passes for rationale in government?

Well yes. See Scarface's post above.

A woman drove her car over a curb and onto several other cars Monday in Cohasset after her flip-flop got stuck in the pedals, causing her to lose control of the vehicle.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...tMJ/story.html

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/card_img\/1026656197271867392\/NCg8sEQe?format=jpg&name=600x314"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Note to self, never visit Dubai!

doesn't matter which country, if you amess over 40 000$ in fines, they'll give you a hard time!

Team Astana car wipes out bollards and almost a Marshall!

Tour de Yorkshire, May, 2018

And people wonder why I carry.

Blind_Io;n3552256 said:
And people wonder why I carry.
It might be different in the US, but it's extremely unlikely I'll ever be involved in such a situation, that's why I don't carry...

Eye-Q;n3552258 said:
It might be different in the US, but it's extremely unlikely I'll ever be involved in such a situation, that's why I don't carry...

To quote Colion Noire, it's not about the odds it's about the stakes. It's not very likely that I would crash my Mustang in heavy rain, but I would still rather drive the Xterra.

Should also be pointed out that even if you discount human threats on the motorway, there are still plenty of places in the US where if your car breaks down you may need something to protect you from hungry/angry/bad tempered local wildlife - and pepper spray may not be enough.

And then sometimes, even in the gun control and law fare paradise that is California, you get incidents like this - which had somewhat of a darkly humorous ending.

https://www.mercedsunstar.com/news/nation-world/national/article216546625.html

[h=3]A fight on the freeway left 1 man dead -- then a car ran over his killer, Calif. cops say
[/h] No guns involved, but I bet the guy that was beaten to death wished he’d had one to defend himself.

You can always point out incidents where having a gun might have saved a life, on the other hand you can point out incidents where having a gun ended a life (or even multiple lives) by accident or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Life is dangerous-ish and everyone has their own approach, but pointing out extreme examples and saying "I bet the guy wished he had a gun to defend himself" or on the opposite side "Ha, told you so that guns are bad" doesn't make a standpoint more valid than the other.