Idiots+motorcycles=LOL

Riding with those fingerless gloves could have ended very badly for him. Also, he should really adjust his camera POV.

or because sth seized?

Engine granaded. You can see the hole in the block at the end of the video. Not surprised, considering the way he kept it past redline.

Riding with those fingerless gloves could have ended very badly for him. Also, he should really adjust his camera POV.

And sneakers and regular jeans. REALLY lucky that crash didn't cost him a finger or two.

Props to him for at least posting his stupidity. Although this may become the launch of a new series, Mario the engine destroyer.

Props to him for at least posting his stupidity. Although this may become the launch of a new series, Mario the engine destroyer.

That's the "idiot" part.

He believes the motorcycle had some sort of failure not related to his behaviour and claims many times "God saved him", so I have the impression he learned nothing from it,

That's the "idiot" part.

He believes the motorcycle had some sort of failure not related to his behaviour and claims many times "God saved him", so I have the impression he learned nothing from it,

Ah, well then. Props revoked then. Hopefully God will save us from him in the future.

I came here to post that.
Wow!

Am I the only one who thinks that's inappropriate? Yeah, link the news article or the story, talk about it, but shoving a video in there as in ?LOOK AT THIS PERSON DIE!? is just wrong.

The video title is pretty clear. If you don't want to see it, don't watch it.

Videos like that should be required viewing for squids everywhere.

Yeah, link the news article or the story, talk about it, but shoving a video in there as in ?LOOK AT THIS PERSON DIE!? is just wrong.
There are things to be learned from this video, though. The bike isn't leaning very far, yet the rider is moving his body off the side of it. Multiple riders in the video are doing this. This says the riders don't know how far their motorcycles can lean and that they don't trust the lean. When we reach the incident, the rider gives some lean, but not a lot. As the curve gets tighter, the rider leans less. That is exactly the wrong behavior. You need to turn harder? You lean more (give some countersteering to start the lean and lean). Not sure if you can lean more? Try it anyway. The crash that results from leaning too far is likely to be less severe than the crash that resulted from straightening up. Maintain your equipment well, and then trust the lean. This is not something that can be put into text or even into a few photos easily with this level of emphasis. The video really hammers home the "lean more, even if you think you can't" point in a way text and photos don't.

The other big lesson I see here is don't let it be a race. Don't let the red mist take over. People make bad decisions when they feel the pressure of that competition, and if you don't have the training to manage the competition on that equipment, don't let it happen. I don't know with certainty that this happened to this rider, but it really looks like it, and it helps hammer home that point, too.

You may not see us talking about it here, but every one of us who has heard "trust the lean" from someone, somewhere watches this video and is reminded. It has meaning, it has impact, and it just might help us do better should things go wrong for us.

If every video posted is just of a person wrecking their own bike, they may go "thats a risk I can take." But if you also post the videos with more dire consequences, it may make at least one person step back and think a little harder about their actions.

There are things to be learned from this video, though. The bike isn't leaning very far, yet the rider is moving his body off the side of it. Multiple riders in the video are doing this. This says the riders don't know how far their motorcycles can lean and that they don't trust the lean. When we reach the incident, the rider gives some lean, but not a lot. As the curve gets tighter, the rider leans less. That is exactly the wrong behavior. You need to turn harder? You lean more (give some countersteering to start the lean and lean). Not sure if you can lean more? Try it anyway. The crash that results from leaning too far is likely to be less severe than the crash that resulted from straightening up. Maintain your equipment well, and then trust the lean. This is not something that can be put into text or even into a few photos easily with this level of emphasis. The video really hammers home the "lean more, even if you think you can't" point in a way text and photos don't.

The other big lesson I see here is don't let it be a race. Don't let the red mist take over. People make bad decisions when they feel the pressure of that competition, and if you don't have the training to manage the competition on that equipment, don't let it happen. I don't know with certainty that this happened to this rider, but it really looks like it, and it helps hammer home that point, too.

You may not see us talking about it here, but every one of us who has heard "trust the lean" from someone, somewhere watches this video and is reminded. It has meaning, it has impact, and it just might help us do better should things go wrong for us.

Or, you know, slow the hell down! That looked so weird and looks like it was so easily avoidable.

He probably fixated on the wall. Just freaked out and didn't push around the corner like he could've.

Ugh, I've got to go find some funny motorcycle vids now.

Edit: Here we go. Easy fodder. A few bikes that have no business on a dirt track.

Last edited:
Edit: Here we go. Easy fodder. A few bikes that have no business on a dirt track.

That's awesome. Must be made into a professional sport!

:lol:
What a shitfest.