Idiots + Winter - The FAIL Collection Thread

I'd still shy away from them. From what I have heard LR didn't get ontop of EAS until around 2006-2007. Then there is the hit more miss quality of the late 90s and up Rover V8 blocks (the machinery needed to be overhauled, but wasn't).

Still good to know it is working for you.

How Land Rover made them new is really of little importance now 9-15 years later, as there's no reason to leave the bits stock. Like I said, better airbags are cheap, as is a long term rebuild of the air distribution block or compressor. I used to think that the only solution for the EAS woes was a coil spring conversion like my last RR had. But that's just not the case anymore. It's quite easy to have a reliable P38 EAS now. The 4.6 is also much better than the 4.0 in regards to block quality, as are the later Bosch engines (vs the earlier GEMS engines) that the '99-02 P38s have.

I'm sure BOSH is better than GEMS, but I've heard the block quality began to deteriorate the last few years. Either you got a good one or it would start to crack.

Are they randomly in the middle of a roundabout?

Train (tram) tracks crossing the roundabout......I'm sure following them straight across the roundabout looked like a good idea at the time, but since I am not on drugs I can't see why :p

I am disappointed in the lack of tram in the video though. HEY! Great news! I watched DW this morning and they had news about Land Rover production, a new engine for the Skoda Octavia, and a twelve minute item on washing your car in winter. German morning news, simply better!

Train (tram) tracks crossing the roundabout......I'm sure following them straight across the roundabout looked like a good idea at the time, but since I am not on drugs I can't see why :p
.... I don't think I could do that many drugs w/o some serious health effects.

Jeez, someone needs to learn how to hold a camera steady.

Maybe it's my eyes or photo weirdness, but I detect a massive difference in tread patterns between the two cars. Without any contradicting evidence, I blame tyres more than lack of AWD.

Maybe it's my eyes or photo weirdness, but I detect a massive difference in tread patterns between the two cars. Without any contradicting evidence, I blame tyres more than lack of AWD.

True, but still an idiot. My Audi can make it up my driveway so my BMW should be able to also right? I mean, they're both German. Who cares that my BMW is on all-season (or summer) tires.

Last edited:
Right one is meant to be AWD. Key is, winter tyre on the right vs crap on the left.

If you don't lose traction, you can't tell from the tracks what drivetrain the car has :nod:

But it's a BMW and an Audi, I think, which would imply RWD vs FWD/AWD.

To demonstrate the advantages of AWD, Nothing can beat the legendary Audi TV commercial:

[video=youtube;5ylX-pO5vRw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ylX-pO5vRw[/video]