If You Were a Car, What Car Would You Be?

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
Old, creaky, heavier than I should be, not nimble, probably drinks too much, likely has something mechanically wrong, and a style only embraced ironically. But at least I'm practical.

LP

Constipated Gangbanger
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
Brown, farty and getting bigger each year?
Omg you understand me to a T 😢

It's brown, like me.
It's white and brown on the inside... I'm pretty much American while still retaining my Indian heritage and upbringing.
It's getting fatter each year but secretly wants to be super fast. I've gained a lot of weight through grad school and am trying to lose it.
It's a safe bet for a sports car and mostly older people want it. All of my exes, apart from one, have been older than me and they know I'm not one of those guys.

It's got a soft top that can be put down.... I'm fucking bald and wear hats.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
A badly maintained Golf II.

Boring and reliable. A long time ago someone thought it was a good idea to create me, and somehow I'm still around despite being in bad shape.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
I've been thinking about this and generally came up with a blank but now I've realised that I would probably be a Discovery 2, the td5 diesel instead of my V8 with more faults and a fancy exhaust.
  • Taller than most (I'm 6ft) but there are those that are taller than me and I'm probably wider than average but not excessively.
  • Generally unremarkable, prone to wiring issues (I suffer from migraines) and occasionally throws a fit and refuses to work.
  • Has some particular skills (the D2 was the first to have LR's fancy traction control, amazing at the time) and capable of being eccentric at times (the five pot td5 sounds awesome when given the beans with a tuned exhaust but it's no Lambo engine note) while not being fast or sporty in any way.
  • Drinks less than others but still doesn't have very good balance. Overheats easily. Emissions...
  • Capable of handling the outdoors to an extent but not really designed for it.
  • Unmistakably British, a bit out of touch with some of the most modern things.
Thankfully my arse doesn't rust.

A mini-me that wore designer clothing would be the Smart, lots of similarities. It seems that I surround myself with cars like me. Bob is me with an exo-skeleton and big boots.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
My bug. Like to the point I am frequently frustrated because it is like someone tried to write a metaphore for my existance. The negetive traits especially.

"Slow and obviously wants attention, is cute on the outside but is all style over substance to the point of malfunction, wiring is a mess, probably has 3 random things broken at any given time but no mechanic can seem to figure out why."

Me. That is me. I am my own car. Maybe one day I can like me as much as I like my car and turn this into self esteem.