Illustrated: 2010 Alfa Romeo crossover

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
http://img53.imageshack.**/img53/5526/alfa21a061e22jw5.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.**/img120/5605/alfa11a06a2c4fl3.jpg

Alfa Romeo CEO Luca de Meo has confirmed a crossover SUV is in the works, with a sales debut tentatively slated for 2010. The model will be critical to the Italian automaker's planned return to the U.S. market, which will begin in 2009 with the 8c coupe and convertible.

Code-named CXover, the vehicle is based on the 2003 Kamal Concept. Several changes are expected to be made from the concept, including stacked circular tail lamps, rounder headlights, and the latest iteration of Alfa's signature grille.

Targeting the BMW X3, Volkswagen Tiguan, Audi Q5, and Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class, the CXover will look something like an enlarged version of the recently-unveiled MiTo hatchback. Based on the best information available to date, our artist's illustrations shows how the finished CXover might look.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/alfa-romeo-cxover.html#more-7476

I like it.:cool:

Maybe it is me, but seems that all crossovers have the general shape of the Nissan Murano.

Maybe it is me, but seems that all crossovers have the general shape of the Nissan Murano.

+1 (I hate the Morono)

Also :barf:

SPORT CAR COMPANIES!!!! STOP MAKING SUVS!!!!!!!! Damnit :cry: The US needs to get the hell over its hate for the Wagon/Estate cars so that manufacturers don't have to make those retarded crossovers!!!

I like the look of it, looks like it'd be one of the best-looking SUVs.

Problem is I just don't think an SUV fits with the Alfa 'brand'. Like the Maserati SUV that was (rightfully) canned whilst in development.

Shrug.

It looks okay from what I can see. They could've just put an Alfa badge on the first Subaru B9 Tribeca and called it a day though.

^ Exactly! Funny enough, the person who designed the B9 and 2006-2007 Impreza (see signature pic below) was from Alfa Romeo, and produced some very sexy cars for them.

That's because the Murano was the first modern "crossover" to actually sell well. Of course everyone's going to imitate it afterwards.

As a car, the Murano (1st gen) is probably the best of the crossovers I've driven. It's amazingly good for what it is.

That's because the Murano was the first modern "crossover" to actually sell well. Of course everyone's going to imitate it afterwards.

As a car, the Murano (1st gen) is probably the best of the crossovers I've driven. It's amazingly good for what it is.

Does the BMW X5 or the Honda CR-V count? I swear those have been around for a longer time than the Murano has. In terms of sales I can't say for sure, but the CR-V at least was pretty popular.

The CR-V was originally sold as an SUV, not a crossover.

BMW says that the X5 is a "Sports Activity Vehicle" (whatever that is) and not an SUV or crossover. That said, while it sold well for a BMW, it certainly did not achieve the HUGE success and mass market appeal of the Murano.

Even the Top Gear Three liked the Murano a lot.

Last edited:
I'd take an X6 over that if I have to.

No, you see, the Murano has the general shape of all crossovers. :p

And Fiat is ruining their subcompanies even more. First the horrid new Lancia Delta thing, then this. I'd rather concentrate only on Fiat then putting 1% of mi effort into something that needs 30%.

I like the front, the back is too feminine for my tastes.

That Alfa front is really growing on me though :) It's nice and elegant, unlike, say the Atzec? :lol:

Ugh..

Fuck off. Seriously!

*sigh* Sad, the Alfa badge does not belong on a vehicle like this. But then, I guess neither does a Porsche badge...

Ugh, front reminds me of the Tribeca, yuck.

800px-Subaru_B9_Tribeca.jpg

And the rear just looks wrong. And I agree with fbc, an Alfa badge does not belong on a vehicle such as this.

*cries*

Just like how on Top Gear they had a 'these manufacturers haven't gone diesel yet' thing, we'll see a 'which manufacturer hasn't produced a SUV/crossover yet' list.

After all, what would be the highest selling brand which does not offer an SUV or crossover type vehicle in its current range?

The French are introducing them soon. Fiat have the Sedici. Would the Skoda Octavia Scout count?

Jaguar don't offer one yet (unless you count the 4WD X-Type, or Land Rover), neither do Proton.

I dunno, it kinda looks OK.

The front and rear end have a little bit 8C in them, and the proportions don't make it all too lumpy.
Also,because it's an Alfa, no-one will buy it so it's OK for me to like it

The model will be critical to the Italian automaker's planned return to the U.S. market, which will begin in 2009 with the 8c coupe and convertible.

I've never heard that before, that sounds awesomely amazing to me!!!! So some day I might actually get to own an Alfa. :cool: