I'm going to SF to pick up the F430 right now!

Just for the record, i'm Jon Bon Jovi.

If your JBJ, then I'm Apu. Welcome to StickyIckyMart. :p

Congratulations on getting the F430 :eek:. Maybe one day your dad will be generous enough to let you drive it :). And on that day please do come back here and regale us with tales of your experiences :D.

I look at your post Mr. Jacob Fox and I should be like, "cool." But all I feel is righteous indignation. Communism is kinda making sense to me now.

Exactly. And don't even get me started about their grammar. Why is it that such "rich" people who claim to have such money, cars etc. have such unfathomable grammar and spelling skills.

You might want to put a question mark on the end of that next time, sport. :D

This thread is so topsy-turvy... who cares about other people being wealthy? People who flaunt their money either don't really have it or have just come into it (i.e. new money).

So why don't we stick to the original topic, hmm? Jake I can't believe your chances of driving the F430 are rather slim. He won't even let you drive it with him in the passenger's seat?

So why don't we stick to the original topic, hmm? Jake I can't believe your chances of driving the F430 are rather slim. He won't even let you drive it with him in the passenger's seat?

He does not want to get the seats wet.

This thread is so topsy-turvy... who cares about other people being wealthy? People who flaunt their money either don't really have it or have just come into it (i.e. new money).

Hey, just 'cause you can afford a 27 foot weinermobile doesn't give you the right to bash the poor and one of their/our few modes of entertainment...bashing the wealthy/supposedly wealthy/idiots on the internet.

I haven't been home to ask. I've been at school. When I do go home, the answer will probably be yes if I'm strategic about it.

Dude, only one to go for 2k!

Just thought you all might like to be reminded that F1 is moving towards variable speed automatic gearboxes, so there won't even be any gear changing at all. It deffinately makes the cars faster and even corner better, as the car is always in the powerband and the power is smooth without interruption.

I'm not necessarily endorsing or abhoring this, but that is the way the automotive industry is moving for sure. Shifting gears will become a thing of the past, future generations probably won't even be brought up to even know the meaning of the phrase.
OT: Are they really? I recall Williams demonstrated a CVT-equipped F1 car way back from when DC was their test driver. The FIA immediately stamped down on that idea and banned it even before they could enter it in a single race.

OT: Are they really? I recall Williams demonstrated a CVT-equipped F1 car way back from when DC was their test driver. The FIA immediately stamped down on that idea and banned it even before they could enter it in a single race.

+1

FIA banned CVT straight away, D.Coulthard tested an F1 with CVT gearbox equipped and said it was bloody good. Shaved like a few seconds off per lap just with the CVT gearbox installed.

Last edited:
Wait, so I've been thinking about this. You live in Chicago, your 18, presumably a Senior in high school. And your father owns multiple sports cars and has just bought a Ferrari as his centerpiece, which he will probably never let you drive.

Is this you?

cameron_frye.jpg

^ Is Jacob's father also cold as a rock and values his cars more than his son's happiness? :lol:

Wait, so I've been thinking about this. You live in Chicago, your 18, presumably a Senior in high school. And your father owns multiple sports cars and has just bought a Ferrari as his centerpiece, which he will probably never let you drive.

Is this you?

cameron_frye.jpg

No. I live in sacramento. I go to college in chicago. Unlike bueller's dad, my dad drives his ferrari, and our garage is hardly a collection. My dad has a friend whose cars could be classified as a collection.

I'm 18 because I started school early. And I am sure that I will get a drive in the ferrari at some point.

My question is "why won't this thread die?" It's been bumped from the dead two or three times.

Damnit I was hoping you could introduce me to Ferris Bueller, he needs a new kidney you know.

lawls.