I'm going to SF to pick up the F430 right now!

wow, this is a REALLY old thread...

Hey NiCho! Can I have some of your winnings? lol

Honestly, you are looking at blowing a substantial part of your winnings on this car. Since this was a one-time windfall, you may want to reconsider. A tune up for Ferrari costs as much as my car, so unless you can afford to actually own, not just buy, the car you may want to reconsider.

Seriously, put the money into an investment portfolio and set yourself up for life. With that kind of dough you could probably live very comfortably off the interest alone. Talk to a good financial planner and do some projections based on different rates of return.

@ Blind. Haha, I was going to say that, but then I just decided to ask for some of his money... (yay for greedyness)

Although what you say is very true. With the world going into a resession (whether you like it or not) you will have to be smart with your money if you want to keep it.

Honestly, you are looking at blowing a substantial part of your winnings on this car. Since this was a one-time windfall, you may want to reconsider. A tune up for Ferrari costs as much as my car, so unless you can afford to actually own, not just buy, the car you may want to reconsider.

Seriously, put the money into an investment portfolio and set yourself up for life. With that kind of dough you could probably live very comfortably off the interest alone. Talk to a good financial planner and do some projections based on different rates of return.

Agreed. T bills and money markets ftw in this shit economy. Or throw it in a conglomerate.

No way dude, BUY THE CAR!

Today is the only day you're actually alive, tomorrow is just fiction.

the pot was actually 48mil i think.
and actually i didnt win it, it was my mother^^
but i got a nice part of it;)

Man, I played, too. Had a castle + racetrack + huge garage already planned out. Really surprised me when I didn't win!

Congrats to you, Sir. Although its is a bit hard to feel joy for other people lottery winnings ;-)
I'd actually start off with less than a Ferrari, though. Well, you can order right away, if you want it brand new without a premium, and in 18 months its yours...

Awesome car! U like the rossa red (simply because it looks so awesome, not because I'm a poser! Or am I?:lol:)

Just thought you all might like to be reminded that F1 is moving towards variable speed automatic gearboxes, so there won't even be any gear changing at all. It deffinately makes the cars faster and even corner better, as the car is always in the powerband and the power is smooth without interruption.

I'm not necessarily endorsing or abhoring this, but that is the way the automotive industry is moving for sure. Shifting gears will become a thing of the past, future generations probably won't even be brought up to even know the meaning of the phrase.

No way dude, BUY THE CAR!

Today is the only day you're actually alive, tomorrow is just fiction.

Terrible idea. Just a horrible idea. Be practical above all else.
It's easy to egg other people on into cars like this, but if it was a choice between not improving my standard of living and driving a 430, and getting a better apartment and buying a cheaper fast car, it would be the latter in a second.
Also, the incidentals for this car are really high. That oil I showed off in the pics is more than $500 for a case. To get a car serviced by ferrari of X, it costs thousands of dollars. And if you prang it, your repair bill will be more expensive than a BMW. Put simply, unless you take care of it as carefully as you would handle a soap-covered platinum grenade, you're probably better off getting something less expensive to live with. And even then it's a risky prospect.

Last edited:
the pot was actually 48mil i think.
and actually i didnt win it, it was my mother^^
but i got a nice part of it;)

Hey, want to help a crippled guy out? :D

Seriously though, I would listen to Blind.

Terrible idea. Just a horrible idea. Be practical above all else.
It's easy to egg other people on into cars like this, but if it was a choice between not improving my standard of living and driving a 430, and getting a better apartment and buying a cheaper fast car, it would be the latter in a second.
Also, the incidentals for this car are really high. That oil I showed off in the pics is more than $500 for a case. To get a car serviced by ferrari of X, it costs thousands of dollars. And if you prang it, your repair bill will be more expensive than a BMW. Put simply, unless you take care of it as carefully as you would handle a soap-covered platinum grenade, you're probably better off getting something less expensive to live with. And even then it's a risky prospect.

You're assuming he hasn't got enough to buy the car an do all the rest as well...

Bah! I can't believe how trusting FinalGear is; for all we know, he could be another Mopar Man or Fresh C280.

Yeah, every time anyone on the internet says their either: Rich, famous or female, i want proof before i believe them.

Think about it, how many actual lottery winners are there for every idiot claiming to be on the InterTubes?

Edit: Also, if he actually did have the cash for the car, there would be a lot better ways of finding testimonials than asking some guy who's dad may have one... ON THE INTERTUBES!!

Yeah, every time anyone on the internet says their either: Rich, famous or female, i want proof before i believe them.

Think about it, how many actual lottery winners are there for every idiot claiming to be on the InterTubes?

Edit: Also, if he actually did have the cash for the car, there would be a lot better ways of finding testimonials than asking some guy who's dad may have one... ON THE INTERTUBES!!

Exactly. And don't even get me started about their grammar. Why is it that such "rich" people who claim to have such money, cars etc. have such unfathomable grammar and spelling skills.

/I don't mean you Jacob I mean NiCho.

Last edited: